[ROM] AOKP (4.2.2) (Beta) For the Samsung Epic 4g - 03/06/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

zanderman112

Oct 6, 2010
SouthEast USA
www.twitter.com
And anychance of including the performance options from cm9? Like vm heap size and all that

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

Those options are in Rom Toolbox in the mark....er, Play Store. =]
But, arent there some options like that in Rom Control? i cant remember, but i was on AOKP b32 on my TP, and i think they're in there. IDK, cause im not running it now on anything lol

mrleprechaunboy

Jan 16, 2012
Lynchburg
I have had alot of trouble with this build..wired tether FCs settings, my data randomly turns itself off when its on, the systemUI FCed a time or 2, and my phone would always switch to the highest frequency unless the screen was off, so it was draining my battery...so idk whats up with it...maybe its the kernel update thats bad, but for now im back to B2

zanderman112

Oct 6, 2010
SouthEast USA
www.twitter.com
I have had alot of trouble with this build..wired tether FCs settings, my data randomly turns itself off when its on, the systemUI FCed a time or 2, and my phone would always switch to the highest frequency unless the screen was off, so it was draining my battery...so idk whats up with it...maybe its the kernel update thats bad, but for now im back to B2

I just think its build 32 in general. on the Touchpad its horrible! But the "build" aokp roms are kinda like CM nightlies, so i guess its to be expected *shrugs*

adamdelozier

Mar 31, 2011
Milford, CT
i manually pushed the services.jar into the system/framework folder and set permissions and rebooted. it stuck. that's why i'm so confused. after running the script then rebooting it doesn't stick my memory management settings

Any other memory management apps or configs being used? Have you gone into the performance section on the ROM and done anything there? Have you tried to unsupercharge first? Which version of v6 are you using? Re flash the kernel?

I had some issues a while back, so I am just trying to see what I can compare to.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

dnathan13

Sep 17, 2010
Today was a bad day on b32. My phone stopped sleeping. A reboot fixed it. Then I kept getting random reboots all day and tonight, android process fc. Has been running like a top with a few minor glitches here and there. Any thoughts on this?

sent from your moms room! haha

I just think its build 32 in general. on the Touchpad its horrible! But the "build" aokp roms are kinda like CM nightlies, so i guess its to be expected *shrugs*

Did you guys all do a clean install wiping data, cache, dalvik? Just checking, because it is recommended for all phones to do a fresh wipe on build 32 per the official AOKP site.

I had issues when I first flashed the night build 32 came out, then when I read a little bit on the AOKP site I saw it said it was suggested to wipe before build 32 because of some of the changes. I did that and have had no issues since.

Bigjohn_S

Dec 11, 2008
atlanta area
B 32 is awesome.. especially since I got the data toggle to work :)

Any chance in getting the weather to show a temperature noty in the status bar? Its in the nexus aokp build.
Data toggle - hows that now? Please share!
My lockscreen shows temp and location
Screenshot-with-temp.png

ad7ea018-d401-4f7d.jpg

Exchange.apk and Email.apk are "frozen."

Guys, what is this?
Seriously! Where you find that screen!?

Yes, your phone won't roam. You will get no signal out of sprint tower range.

Someone suggested an app called "Roam Control" is working, but it's no longer available on the market and costs $4. Anyone find a (free) workaround for this yet?
Saywhatnow? No roaming? Ummm... When will this be fixed? I'm addicted to this rom like crack now... don't make me go back to GB...

Oh, and on that note... Still getting the "android OS" keep awake = largest process user...

I have no voltage app of any kind on here and flashed Nyan kernel again - following marcusant's instructions to try to fix this...

sonarchist

Mar 27, 2011
Washington, DC
Not having problems w/ build32: nyan4.1, v6SuperCharger, novaLauncherPrime................all 80 apps installed in system memory NOT in SD Card; clean installed from factory reset (IK YMMV)........10 satellites fixed on GPS, mms, sms, wifi, email, data working well......actually, about to make a nandroid so when things begin to devolve I can restore to this version. ;) :)

.........sent from today's android = 4.0.4

omair2005

Jul 26, 2007
for people having redraw issues with v6.. try juwe ram manager. I've had better success with that when I'm on this rom.

LucJoe

Nov 12, 2008
Saywhatnow? No roaming? Ummm... When will this be fixed? I'm addicted to this rom like crack now... don't make me go back to GB...

Yes, it's just a settings issue. If you change the setting to anything other than the default "Home Only" it does not stick. There is a standalone program called "Roam Control" that supposedly works but I'm not interested in buying an app to fix a bug that will probably be fixed tomorrow. :)

You can try it yourself: Settings -> Mobile Networks -> System select. Change to anything but home only. Leave the menu and go back to it. It will be back on home only.

MДЯCЦSДИT

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 21, 2010
Yes, it's just a settings issue. If you change the setting to anything other than the default "Home Only" it does not stick. There is a standalone program called "Roam Control" that supposedly works but I'm not interested in buying an app to fix a bug that will probably be fixed tomorrow. :)

You can try it yourself: Settings -> Mobile Networks -> System select. Change to anything but home only. Leave the menu and go back to it. It will be back on home only.

Roaming works fine if you do not touch the settings at all

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

LucJoe

Nov 12, 2008
Roaming works fine if you do not touch the settings at all

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Mine was set to Home Only when I first checked it and roaming never worked after that. I did not test before checking the setting...

So to get it back I need to do a full wipe and reflash the rom and NEVER look at that settings page again?

Will try and report back

j00manji

May 30, 2011
did someone say something about a mobile data toggle? Iv been playing around and cant find it. Enjoying everything on this rom anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts