[APP] Formula calculator

Search This thread

fantastxmw

Sep 9, 2009
play.google.com
Update: new version v1.7.1.0 is available in Android Market. It comes with several improvement and bug fixes:
  1. Automatically use the last result as the first operand if an operator is the first input in normal mode. For example, after calc an expression, 2+3, we get 5 as the result. Now the expression box is empty and user press a + button directly, the last result 5 will be added as the first operand and the expression looks like: 5+. If there is no last result, 0.0 will be added.
  2. Minus sign is supported. Now user can press - to add a minus sign before an operand. The following expression is supported now: -5+3 In order to add the last result for -, user need to long press the – button.
  3. The default n-th of a root operator is a Square root. In the earlier version, the n-th of a root operator can not be omitted. It must be written as x√y. Now if the n-th (x) is absent, the operator will be recognized as a Square root operator. It is easier for some common usage.

In some scenarios, you need to do a serial calculations that only the numbers are changed, but you have to input the whole expression again and again.

You need a calc supporting variables which represent the numbers, so every time, you only need to input the numbers. You needn't to remember the formulas any more.

DaCalc is such a formula calculator. It supports composing a new formula, loading, editing, importing and exporting.

You can find more information at: http://blog.deskangel.com/?tag=dacalc

Download:
market://search?q=pname:com.deskangel.dacalc

Attachments

• snap20100915_220706.png
    snap20100915_220706.png
    27.5 KB · Views: 495
Last edited:

dsMA

Jun 4, 2010
Sacramento
[Q]

Sounds really interesting. I visited the blog hoping to get more information but there really wasn't any :-(

Is there any way to get a complete listing of all the formulas it supports (comes preloaded with)?

Will the list of formulas be updated from version to version?

Can users enter their own formulas to be saved?

drmacinyasha

Jun 4, 2010
Sacramento
denh.am
So why does this need to know my location, go online, read my phone state, or access my SD card?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure a simple calculator doesn't need all that. No thanks.

fantastxmw

Sep 9, 2009
play.google.com
A new version is available on Android Market. Many bugs are fixed and new features are added.
Main Changelogs:
1. removed the ads in the main ui
2. 2 can be omit in expression like 2√x
3. long click on delete can empty the edit box
4. click "- button" will add "-" only, long click "- button" will add the last result and "-".
5. fixed the information for import and export
6. result cleared after load a formula

Izkata

Aug 2, 2010
Chicago
So why does this need to know my location, go online, read my phone state, or access my SD card?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure a simple calculator doesn't need all that. No thanks.

Read Phone State is either because minSdkVersion isn't set, or its set to before that permission was added (Android 1.5 or so), so it's included automatically.