anyone tried writing?

Search This thread

sudermatt

Nov 26, 2003
thousand oaks
I am wonderimg if anyone has tried using one of those capacitive screen stylus pens.

It would be greay if we could draw on this thing.
or even take notes

robwilcken

Dec 30, 2010
That would be nice and use it on one of the drawing/painting apps in the market.

Just bought a Targus stylus today. It works well for misc. scribbles, but if you want to do serious note taking it doesn't work very well. Parts of letters are blanked out, almost like a pencil skipping across paper. I have tried several different notepad applications, all with roughly the same results. The pen and the NC screen might have a 50-50 split on blame. I've also found that the pen works better if held at close to a 90deg angle to the screen - which isn't very natural/comfortable for writing.

All of that being said, will I take the stylus back? Probably not, it works great for keyboard input and selecting buttons/aps/etc....

If you run across a great note taking app, let me know.

x-ravin

Apr 7, 2010
I am currently working on the same goal, I'd like to take notes in class with mine. I ordered a BoxWave Stylus and a Dagi stylus. The boxwave works ok, but it requires more pressure than what's comfortable, and you can't tell where it's going to write which ends in very crappy looking letters and numbers. The Dagi sounds promising, but I haven't received it yet. I'll post up results.