[Q] samsung galaxy tab 4 7.0 root

Search This thread

Faiyaz5yaz

Jan 18, 2014
chennai
100% successful root

i didnt read the whole thread
i just want to know if u ppl still havent rooted your tab t231?
am sorry if u have already rooted ..
IF NOT I WILL MAKE A GUIDE !!! I ROOTED MY FRIEND'S DEVICE LONG BACK

Last edited:

pramodhrao

Jul 11, 2012
i didnt read the whole thread
i just want to know if u ppl still havent rooted your tab t231?
am sorry if u have already rooted ..
IF NOT I WILL MAKE A GUIDE !!! I ROOTED MY FRIEND'S DEVICE LONG BACK
I recently bought a t231 thinking it will be able to give me the same as my earlier p3110 in terms of using a custom rom. However, now, I am stuck that I cannot use some applications like jabber voice and mobile day and cannot find alternate roms that will let me try this out. If you have built a guide to rooting and flashing a kitkat stock aosp rom, would appreciate it much. you can either PM me or post it here and would definitely be greatful for the help.:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    wait what sorry im confused can you explain step by step lol im a jailbreaker im a noob. sorry thanks in advance

Download, install http://d-h.st/FiU#.U4fAsHVdUUT on pc
    Enable USB Debugging in developer options (Tap build number til it tells you you are a "dev" to enable dev options)
    connect tab to pc
    run vroot
    click green button bottom right
    wait til its done
    Download this http://www.mediafire.com/download/ky9845gisnn3824/Replace_VRoot_With_SuperSU.zip
    extract the zip
    put the mrw folder thats extarcted onto your internal storage
    download Android Terminal Emulator from playstore and open it
    type:

su (then grant it su permission")
    sh /sdcard/mrw/root.sh

and wait til it reboots. Go into settings>applications> and uninstall the app in Chinese, then open the playstore search SuperSU and update it and then open SuperSU so it updates the binary (click normal) and youre done. Vroot is gone and replaced with our beloved @Chainfire 's superSU and binary
    I finally got mine to work, here is how I fixed it from updating to 1.7.8

Run a search on your C drive for vroot and delete everything it finds(except the 1.7.7 installer), this will delete the 1.7.8 updater file.
    Then disconnect your computer from the internet completely.
    Install the 1.7.7 file you downloaded
    Once 1.7.7 is running you can reconnect the internet just remember if you close Vroot to make sure you are not on the internet when you open it again.
    Then follow the instructions given.
    If you run into the same issues I did with SuperSU then it may take a few times of rooting to finally get it to update the binary.
    Would you please share how you managed to root your tab4 7.0?

Did find a way to root it yet, so I(we) would really appreciate your help.

Yes, there is already a way to root the Tab 4 7.0.

I followed these instructions step by step and worked perfectly. It does require a USB connection, windows PC and to reboot the Tab a couple of times. Took me 10 minutes. quick and simple and thank you ShinySide for the step by step.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53020637&postcount=87
    does V-Root trigger your flash counter or "triangle"? does anyone get the yellow sign on their boot screen after using?

Just making sure before running it on my brand new tab, id like to mantain warranty for now :)

Shouldnt. Only using Odin is the only thing that usually trips it

BTW I finally made a thread since the instructions are now broken up since people have to kill the auto updating

http://xdaforums.com/tab-4/general/root-galaxy-tab-4-7-t230-t2835264
    Ive factory resetted and not going to use it. I can not get it to switch to SuperSU and SuperSu's binary (tried to let SuperSU install/update the binary and it wont. just sits their spinning). From everything Ive tried seems to be locking me into using the vroot su and binary and whatever the hell it is its installing on data/app. Ive swapped out binaries and superuser apks, but as soon as I uninstall and their stuff, I lose root access. So looks like they are locking you into using their stuff without the possibility of switching to su of your choice afterwards.....Could be wrong tho...And only reason I can think of being forced to use their stuff....aint good haha Could be wrong but until someone finds a way I can swap in ChainFires SuperSU files and not lose root, I aint using it. Really just comes down to credibility factor for me.