DIY magnetic charger

Search This thread

nerobot

Jan 7, 2011
Hi all,

Does anyone know if the polarity of the magnetic charger on the z2 is the same as the z1?

I've just ordered my z2 and I'm looking at building my own magnetic charger. I'm seen plenty of info about doing the same with the z1.

Thanks for any information.

Steven

SuperMarioGalaxy

Apr 7, 2013
Hi all,

Does anyone know if the polarity of the magnetic charger on the z2 is the same as the z1?

I've just ordered my z2 and I'm looking at building my own magnetic charger. I'm seen plenty of info about doing the same with the z1.

Steven

If you could please provide the information and possibly the end result. :)

nerobot

Jan 7, 2011
If you could please provide the information and possibly the end result. :)

Would be happy to. Hopefully my phone will come today (or if not, then tomorrow) so I should be able to try a few things out soon.

If you check the following thread, there's lots of information about making a charging dock for the Xperia Z (not the Z1 as I initially thought) and although the sizes might be different, the setup should be very similar.

http://xdaforums.com/xperia-z/accessories/diy-quick-charge-t2167089/page25

I particularly like the lego dock!

Steven

nerobot

Jan 7, 2011
My z2 arrived this afternoon. Although I've not had a chance to actually build anything useful, I have been able to test the pins to see if my VERY simple charger (which consists of me physically holding wires up to charging pins) works.

So to confirm to anyone interested, the top pin is positive with the bottom pin ground. Attached is a - distorted - image showing what I mean. Hopefully someone will find it useful for their own projects.

I'll keep this thread updated with any further designs I come up with for the charger.

Steven

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1400181353424.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1400181353424.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 909

feis

Dec 30, 2008
Im sorry but do you really think its worth the trouble since you can get both dock and magnetic cable as cheap as 4 pounds?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk 2

nerobot

Jan 7, 2011
Im sorry but do you really think its worth the trouble since you can get both dock and magnetic cable as cheap as 4 pounds?

I like a project :D

I'm sure I could get it very cheap online, but I like to build and tinker with things and this should be quite easy to build.

Saying that, I do think the docks I've seen online look very boring and I'm sure I can build something much more interesting.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

feis

Dec 30, 2008
If you are capable, goodluck then! Im only doubtful cause i saw some creations of xda users, and wasnt impressed lol:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Steven

Yes it is the same.