[Q] Help Urgent PLEASE

Search This thread

y2kyasir

Jun 29, 2014
Ok so i have htc one x i rooted it from OneXroot.com from youtube its rooted and unlocked
after some time i tried to install sentinel rom v5 after that i cant access the device on adb
in my computer it shows as android usb -htc one x
hboot is 1.7 tried installing the sentinel rom and after the reboot it stuck on
it aslso shows sd checking failed to open usb master mode and it ask to plug off usb
is the phone gone is there no way of fixing it i have tried almost everything i am a complete noob i dont know what ruu is or what CM was but previously and sometimes when i am lucky it shows on adb devices thats when i tried to copy another rom it took time but it was successful it showed that copied so many kbs in such time but i cant find that file what am i missing.
please be elaborate i really want my phone back and tell me from the scratch ask my anything i will respond immediately.Give detailed answers before all this went my phone was recognized by my pc but now it wont so the drivers are ok i guess

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Ow dear....you need to learn fastboot commands. Check the stickies for a guide on how to flash the boot.img from the rom. It comes down to this :

Open the rom.zip and copy out the boot.img from the rom to the folder on the pc which contains the fastboot files. Boot the phone to the bootloader and open a command window inside the fastboot folder on the pc and flash the file

Fastboot flash boot boot.img
Fastboot erase cache

Here you can find tutorials

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1832891

Last edited:

y2kyasir

Jun 29, 2014
help still needed

luckily i was able to copy another rom
OTA_ENDEAVOR_U_JB_50_S_hTC_Asia_WWE_4.19.707.3-3.14.707.24_release_3346060yp26w70ibi8zm1g

and i was installing it this error showed up installing update
assert failed : file_getprop('systhem/build.prop". :ro.build.fingerprint") == "htc_ ........ long stuff
E: Error in /sdcasrd/rom.zip
status 7 installation aborted

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
That's not a rom. That's an ota update file. Useless without a full OS

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

You need to full wipe, flash a rom and flash the boot.img of that rom

y2kyasir

Jun 29, 2014
still

where to get the a complete rom and then where to find the ota update can i find the ota update for the sentinel rom cos thats the rom i previously tried to install please if you could give me the links thanks for your help btw

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
The roms are in the development section (and original android dev section) pick a rom you would like. Install it by following a proper guide from the thread i linked :)

y2kyasir

Jun 29, 2014
help

bear with me but could you give me the link i am new to this forum cant find it i need the COMPLETE rom that i just copy in the sdcard and installs hope i am correct

p3r02d3r0

Aug 24, 2010
Zagreb
bear with me but could you give me the link i am new to this forum cant find it i need the COMPLETE rom that i just copy in the sdcard and installs hope i am correct

1. Where did you copy this OTA from?
2. Do you know which Recovery you have?
3. Install this ROM

Are you even familiar with stuff like how to get into Recovery, how to flash stuff, etc?

y2kyasir

Jun 29, 2014
a little bit

i have clock work recovery and now i have downloaded the link that you provided everything
ViperX_4.1.1
OTA_4.1.0-4.1.1

i have hboot 1.73 now can you walk me through the process that would be really helpful
from the scratch please right from the begining like teaching a small kid

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
i have clock work recovery and now i have downloaded the link that you provided everything
ViperX_4.1.1
OTA_4.1.0-4.1.1

i have hboot 1.73 now can you walk me through the process that would be really helpful
from the scratch please right from the begining like teaching a small kid

Check the last posts in the viper thread, wrote a detailed instruction there