S4 Mini from Sprint CDMA to GSM

Search This thread

jcemp

Oct 29, 2014
I managed to unlock S4 Mini L520 from Sprint using alyatim unlock app because I want to use it GSM outside USA, the issue here is that the phone does not have GSM/UMTS under network modes just CDMA. But after searching I found that the phone has GSM/UMTS bands on it so here's comes my question: can I flash an GSM modem from another GSM S4 mini and will it work? Or will it brick the device?

quanqw

Oct 10, 2011
Viet Nam
How do you unlock your phone ? Can you tell me ? My sph l520 can not reach any signal in Viet Nam although samsung sprint unlocker show phone is unlocked.

civicsr2cool

Sep 14, 2010
Sagnasty, MI
I managed to unlock S4 Mini L520 from Sprint using alyatim unlock app because I want to use it GSM outside USA, the issue here is that the phone does not have GSM/UMTS under network modes just CDMA. But after searching I found that the phone has GSM/UMTS bands on it so here's comes my question: can I flash an GSM modem from another GSM S4 mini and will it work? Or will it brick the device?

Try using a i257m stock ROM from sammobile with odin, that's is the north American gsm version. If it doesn't work then you could always flash back.

Reactions: quanqw

quanqw

Oct 10, 2011
Viet Nam
Setting is hide but it can be enable. It's not matter. My problem is my phone show no service, no signal although ssu show unlocked.

hassab_2013

Sep 12, 2015
Hi
Yes please ! We need to use Galaxy SPH-L520 worldwide.
Any attempt is much appreciated. Please help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Try using a i257m stock ROM from sammobile with odin, that's is the north American gsm version. If it doesn't work then you could always flash back.