[PORT][WIP][ROM] Honeycomb 5/8/11

Search This thread

dastin1015

Inactive Recognized Developer
This is a little port I made that came from this thread on the HTC Desire: Here
Most of the work goes to coolexe for the Desire ROM I ported this from and bypass23 for the original Honeycomb ROM on the Nexus One. Also credit goes to s0be for his AP4 kernel I am using with this ROM and arodey for his Honeycomb Boot Animation. In this port I also KANGED modules and various other files for our little Hero from CM Nightly #62 by Cyanogen and the CyanogenMod team. I've taken this as far as I could for personally I have no dev skills as well as that the Honeycomb source code has yet to be released. Once it is, much more will be able to be completed.

What Works:
-Honeycomb UI when I changed lcd density to half of original
-Touchscreen (If you seem to lose press search button then back button)
-USB Connection
-LED's
-Settings
-Rotation (Have to enter camera app in landscape and exit to go to landscape [Stuck in Landscape until reboot])

What Doesn't Work:
-Audio
-Wifi
-Camera
-SD Mounting
-Data Connection
-SMS
-Calls
-Gallery (FC's when selecting)
-And many more.

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?e8etyxuein8vme2

Attachments

• AboutPhone.png
    AboutPhone.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 3,043
  • AboutPhonePortrait.png
    AboutPhonePortrait.png
    22 KB · Views: 2,635
  • Apps.png
    Apps.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 2,627
  • Home.png
    Home.png
    65.8 KB · Views: 2,229
  • HomePortrait.png
    HomePortrait.png
    56.5 KB · Views: 2,008
  • Lockscreen.png
    Lockscreen.png
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,907
  • LockscreenPortrait.png
    LockscreenPortrait.png
    50.9 KB · Views: 1,870
  • Settings.png
    Settings.png
    24 KB · Views: 1,760
Last edited:

htckid07

May 8, 2011
whoa! No kidding! I'm down to test.

AND FIRST! :)
I JUST ASKED ABOUT THIS LITERALLY LIKE 10 SECONDS AGO AND YET HERE IT IS!!!!!

I am truly in love with xda now because the response to questions and wishes are so fast....THANK YOU! Downloading now.....its a race to the first tester boot hehehe :p

htckid07

May 8, 2011
Yeah it takes a bit to boot up the very first time. After that it gets faster. I'm going to reflash to see the boot time for first boot.

timed it on stock hero phone hardware (i just got it today)...its 2 minute 23 seconds for me

and yes it is slow.....but hey i just p!ssed in my pants thanks to this rom

....now i'll be going to change my pamper again so i can reboot and do it all over again :p

dastin1015

timed it on stock hero phone hardware (i just got it today)...its 2 minute 23 seconds for me

....now i'll be going to change my pamper again so i can reboot and do it all over again :p

I have 1 min 10 sec to boot animation and 2 min 37 sec to lockscreen. I've had my Hero since October of 2009. Results may vary.

Reactions: ssojyeti2

htckid07

May 8, 2011
i was just asking about this today but what could i do to help the development of this? i know what porting a rom is but what could i do to help you out? and what is kanging?

dastin1015

i was just asking about this today but what could i do to help the development of this? i know what porting a rom is but what could i do to help you out? and what is kanging?

Development wise we would need to get the apps to work on here and various other changes and get files specifically build for Honeycomb rather than the Gingerbread Cyanogen files. Also get things like Calls, SMS, MMS, Data working.
KANGED - To have one's developer code and work taken, manipulated, rebranded, and re-released by someone else with no credit.
But here I gave credit to the author of those files which is Cyanogen and the CyanogenMod Team and I got those files from the heroc CM Nightly #62.

Last edited:

htckid07

May 8, 2011
Development wise we would need to get the apps to work on here and various other changes and get files specifically build for Honeycomb rather than the Gingerbread Cyanogen files. Also get things like Calls, SMS, MMS, Data working.
KANGED - To have one's developer code and work taken, manipulated, rebranded, and re-released by someone else with no credit.
But here I gave credit to the author of those files which is Cyanogen and I got those files from the heroc CM Nightly #62.

im still new to this a bit and after a bit of googling "port rom android" it seems to me that .so files for the lib folder are somehow involved in this....so i guess i could around town on the forums and gather a lot of .so files, take names for who they came from, and just play the guess and check game....would that work for fixing something? or is porting much more complicated?

i don't know if i said this but thanks

dastin1015

im still new to this a bit and after a bit of googling "port rom android" it seems to me that .so files for the lib folder are somehow involved in this....so i guess i could around town on the forums and gather a lot of .so files, take names for who they came from, and just play the guess and check game....would that work for fixing something? or is porting much more complicated?

i don't know if i said this but thanks

We would actually have to build files for our phone. Copying and pasting lib files is not going to get things working on our Hero. Much more complicated process. As I have no dev skills, I wouldn't know the process do such work. Various .so files work for the version they were built/complied for and are not specifically going to work for another.
Edit: Also much of this cannot be fixed until the source code is released. This is more of a tease before source code comes out.

Last edited:

htckid07

May 8, 2011
We would actually have to build files for our phone. Copying and pasting lib files is not going to get things working on our Hero. Much more complicated process. As I have no dev skills, I wouldn't know the process do such work. Various .so files work for the version they were built/complied for and are not specifically going to work for another.

hmm so this is beyond what i've read up as far as porting a rom then....okay i guess i'll just be a tester for this rom and i can confirm that your first post is correct as to what is and isn't working. now back to google search and xda search to figure out how are all the people on xda doing this rom/theme/mod stuff. i'm going back to aosp now but i had to try this and i'll test if you need a tester

lows10

Jun 3, 2009
missouri
this is awesome! What a way to end a perfect weekend can't wait to flash this

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a little port I made that came from this thread on the HTC Desire: Here
    Most of the work goes to coolexe for the Desire ROM I ported this from and bypass23 for the original Honeycomb ROM on the Nexus One. Also credit goes to s0be for his AP4 kernel I am using with this ROM and arodey for his Honeycomb Boot Animation. In this port I also KANGED modules and various other files for our little Hero from CM Nightly #62 by Cyanogen and the CyanogenMod team. I've taken this as far as I could for personally I have no dev skills as well as that the Honeycomb source code has yet to be released. Once it is, much more will be able to be completed.

What Works:
    -Honeycomb UI when I changed lcd density to half of original
    -Touchscreen (If you seem to lose press search button then back button)
    -USB Connection
    -LED's
    -Settings
    -Rotation (Have to enter camera app in landscape and exit to go to landscape [Stuck in Landscape until reboot])

What Doesn't Work:
    -Audio
    -Wifi
    -Camera
    -SD Mounting
    -Data Connection
    -SMS
    -Calls
    -Gallery (FC's when selecting)
    -And many more.

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?e8etyxuein8vme2

But here I gave credit to the author of those files which is Cyanogen and the CyanogenMod Team and I got those files from the heroc CM Nightly #62.
    I hope i don't catch hell for reviving a "dead" thread. Now I was messing around with my g1 and i found a Honeycomb rom, and it reminded me of this thread. So i started looking through my external HDD, and i found this rom.
    Now my question is anyone still interested in this.
    If so, I will try to upload it on two, and only two conditions. 1) Expresses consent from Dastin1015, because it's not my rom or my work. 2) If i do get permission i need someone to tell me how to upload it because i have no idea how.
    On a sad note i don't know if the rom works. I know it installed and ran last year when i got it, but i haven't been able to get it to boot recently even with the kernel in the OP.

I have 1 min 10 sec to boot animation and 2 min 37 sec to lockscreen. I've had my Hero since October of 2009. Results may vary.
    If im not mistaken, when google released the sdk and source for ICS 4.0 they also released all that stuff for HC 3.0 also. I may be wrong they may have just released the SDK, but again I think they released the source of both at the same time.

I think that maybe because Google released both at the same time, and everyone was so stoked about ICS; the HC release flew right under the radar. Another reason i believe the HC release didnt attract so many people is because it was stated by Google to be a "tablet only Android OS"

They did release the source with ICS but they didn't put any flags in it, so essentially you can't compile it on its own, also it was a tablet OS because they broke the phone functionality in it, also pretty much every feature from it ended up in ICS

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2