Guess who is coming to the party?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
Hey guys,

My One Max will be here wednesday. Found a good deal on Swappa and decided I miss Sense too much to remain loyal to Samsung.

I do have a couple questions. With all convoluted postings I can not find any basic details I need.

1. Is this unlockable via HTC Dev?

2. Whats the skinny on preferred method of unlocking?

I dont care so much about S-OFF unless its one of those type that prevent custom kernels from flashing. Then I will go S-OFF.

What do you guys have for best practices on getting this unlocked?

I am pretty damned amped up to get this big bastard!

berdo

May 7, 2009
Saaaaaaweeet.

I found that the rumrunner* s-off was the easiest way to root and unlock the Verizon version. Did not require anything from htcdev.com.

http://rumrunner.us/

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
Hellz yeah!

Soff and rooted my 2 Verizon Max with rumrunner. Other versions had issues with rumrunner so had to use firewater.

Ie no unlocking bootloader through htcdev for verizon version. Have to soff, unlock and root with rumrunner/firewater. Can s-on after that if you really want.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

My One Max will be here wednesday. Found a good deal on Swappa and decided I miss Sense too much to remain loyal to Samsung.

I do have a couple questions. With all convoluted postings I can not find any basic details I need.

I dont care so much about S-OFF unless its one of those type that prevent custom kernels from flashing. Then I will go S-OFF.

Oh hell yeah it's Clean ROM time! I have the Sprint version & I unlocked mines via HTC Dev & then S-off using rumrunner. You'll love the Max Scott guaranteed, & Samsung can kick rocks with their enforcing of Knox on all of their users.

Sent from One Maximum phone

Reactions: iondokk

tjdub

Feb 7, 2011
It's cool to see a lot of the rezound guys coming to this device, welcome

Scott

Saaaaaaweeet.

I found that the rumrunner* s-off was the easiest way to root and unlock the Verizon version. Did not require anything from htcdev.com.

http://rumrunner.us/

Hellz yeah!

Soff and rooted my 2 Verizon Max with rumrunner. Other versions had issues with rumrunner so had to use firewater.

Ie no unlocking bootloader through htcdev for verizon version. Have to soff, unlock and root with rumrunner/firewater. Can s-on after that if you really want.

Oh hell yeah it's Clean ROM time! I have the Sprint version & I unlocked mines via HTC Dev & then S-off using rumrunner. You'll love the Max Scott guaranteed, & Samsung can kick rocks with their enforcing of Knox on all of their users.

So let me get this straight then..

Rum runner is best to get S-Off.

You dont need to be unlocked for rumrunner?

Once S-Off the normal rules apply? Can unlock bootloader and relock it using super CID like all other HTC phones?

Once S-Off the normal rules apply? Can unlock bootloader and relock it using super CID like all other HTC phones?

If you're on Verizon of course HTC Dev won't work so just run rumrunner & it'll do everything for you.

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010

You dont need to be unlocked for rumrunner with the verizon version. All other versions you are supposed to unlock with htcdev before soff. Rumrunner soff, unlocks bootloader and roots verizon version.

You can supercid once soff if you want. As you know supercid is to flash ruus from other versions onto your version (mainly for international gsm versions). You likely wont want to flash other versions on a verizon Max.

sanchitgrover

Jun 24, 2008
New York
Sir, if you are getting the sprint model then
You need to unlock it using htc dev and then run rumrunner .

If you are getting a verizon model ,
Then just run the rumrunner it will take care of everything

pradeepvizz

Dec 24, 2010
Dubai
One last question before I close this thread...

Is rumrunner restricted to any specific hboot version?

And thanks for the info guys. Makes it a lot quicker. I dont like rootiung and unlocking any more than the next guy. I just love makin' the ROMS!

For Verizon, rumrunner seems to be the only option that works irrespective of the hboot (hope my memory is right)

and WELCOME!!!

tjdub

Feb 7, 2011
I'm on Verizon and used rumrunner with no problem at all just remember that you will not be able to use the finger print scanner after you finish, runrunner unlocks you bootloader as well as soff

Scott

I'm on Verizon and used rumrunner with no problem at all just remember that you will not be able to use the finger print scanner after you finish, runrunner unlocks you bootloader as well as soff

Right but I was also reading that you could restore the functionality of the fingerprint scanner. Is that not correct?

Here is the thread I am referring to: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2540004

tjdub

Feb 7, 2011
Yes you only need to relock and change the flag and everything works just fine. Hope you enjoy the phone I'm very impressed with it myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Awesome!

I got all the info I needed...

Stay tuned for CleanROM!

Thanks guys!

-Scott
    Hey guys,

Hey guys,