Reverting back to rooted stock firmware..... Is this possible?

Search This thread
Jul 4, 2013
Hey Guys,

My phone information is listed in the picture attached.

I'd like to go back to just the rooted stock firmware. Is this possible to just download the rooted firmware and just flash it with CWM?

Can someone point me in the right direction. With a link to the firmware maybe and a process in how I could achieve this.

Rogers Galaxy S3 (Canada)

Attachments

• _20140829_130321.JPG
    _20140829_130321.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 32

Alexandre-P

Aug 8, 2012
Montreal
Hi!

In addition to what DocHoliday77 said: Samsung does not provide pre-rooted official firmware, but you can find CWM-flashable or Odin-flashable ones in the S3 Android Development forum. I.e.:
I would also suggest you browse through the pages of the Android Dev forum, as you may find other stock rooted ROMs available. The thread that present stock and/or rooted ROM have it indicated in the thread's subject. Instructions are also written in those threads on how to install the ROM.

Moreover, if you have in the past upgraded to at least Android 4.3, make sure not to install a firmware older than 4.3 (or at least, the bootloader part, as you will brick your phone).

Reactions: DocHoliday77

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
I would only add to that by saying if you flash anything outside of this sub-forum, be careful abd make absolutely sure it is compatible with your device. Flashing roms intended for other devices often results in a hard brick.

Reactions: mrrocketdog

Top Liked Posts