[HACK] Remove WiFi reminder

Search This thread

cshort0982

Dec 17, 2010
Texas
Google Pixel 6 Pro
IF YOU WANT ANYTHING ADDED JUST PM ME AND I WILL ADD IT AND GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE. THANKS!

This will remove that annoying little Wifi Reminder. I have tested this on my phone with 0 issues.

•You will need root
•You will a SQLite editor

1.Open Settings Storage > db > secure
2.Search for “wifi_networks_available_notification_on” (different providers will be different line numbers)
3.Edit that record to read a value of 0 < (that's a ZERO)
4.Reboot your phone

How to remove WIFI Popup Notification:
Open anycut.

Click 'new shortcut'

Click 'activity'

Click 'HiddenMenuWifiOffload'

use new home screen shortcut to turn it off

Thanks to tillithz

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-07-11-14-33-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-07-11-14-33-02.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 8,946
Last edited:

tprouty

Dec 10, 2010
for some reason this did not work for me...

I am testing a kernel so that could be the cause. my phone booted kinda wired restarted like 3 times. one of those into the recovery.
after it came back up i went into the market and i got that dumb notice that wifi is available.
so I checked the settings, and it still said 0...

but again i think is cause of the custom kernel so that this with a grain of salt.

M4gicM@

May 3, 2010
Internet
This will remove that annoying little Wifi Reminder. I have tested this on my phone with 0 issues.

•You will need root

2.Search for “wifi_networks_available_notification_on” (different providers will be different line numbers)
4.Reboot your phone\

Original Thread: http://www.s3forums.com/forum/galaxy-s3-hacking-mods/874-hack-remove-wifi-reminder.html

You may want to add a link to the free SQLite Editor here http://code.google.com/p/xdroidx/downloads/detail?name=SQLite Editor-9.apk

Also Update your post to say this only takes care of the notification not the WiFi pop-up. To eliminate the WiFi pop-up when opening apps you need to use any cut or similar to create a link to " hiddenmenuwifioffloading" and then disable it.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

Only the "Any Cut" shortcut workaround works for me.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

That is because that eliminates the pop-up!

The op is talking about the constant notification under "ongoing" in the notification pull down. They are two separate things and require two method to eliminate.

dmbatson

Jun 9, 2009
Tucson
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
You may want to add a link to the free SQLite Editor here http://code.google.com/p/xdroidx/downloads/detail?name=SQLite Editor-9.apk

Also Update your post to say this only takes care of the notification not the WiFi pop-up. To eliminate the WiFi pop-up when opening apps you need to use any cut or similar to create a link to " hiddenmenuwifioffloading" and then disable it.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

The op is talking about the constant notification under "ongoing" in the notification pull down. They are two separate things and require two method to eliminate.

Thanks mate, was driving me bonkers having that pop up.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

ExodusC

Mar 29, 2010
I'm not sure if this belongs in Development or in Q&A, but regardless, this tutorial needs to be somewhere, as everyone asks about this constantly.

Also, OP, I would suggest updating your post to have the methods of removing both the ongoing notification and the pop-up, so we can help people get rid of Verizon's nonsense.

I'm all for responsible use of data, but spamming us with a pop-up on every app launch is not the way to handle things.

ExodusC

Mar 29, 2010
Can we get a walk through on how to disable the popup notification? the anycut method
In your launcher, add a shortcut via the standard long-press method. For the shortcut's target, select Any Cut.

From here you will have four options. Select "Activity". From here, scroll down to the "H" area (they're alphabetized) until you find a value called "HiddenMenuWifiOffload" and select it.

Then, open your new shortcut from your launcher. Select "Disable" and press "Okay" at the bottom, then you can use Back or Home to exit out.

You may need to restart for this to take effect (not sure), but this should disable the pop-up when launching apps.

mikejr83

Dec 10, 2010
That one I am not sure on.

I actually like that one being there, as if I have a need to switch input methods, I can do it very easily with it.

Ya, that may not be the best idea. AFAIK that is the way in the stock ROM to switch input methods. After I did a factory reset I tried the press and hold on a textbox to get the input selection popup to show and it never would. I figured out whenever I had a cursor in the textbox and the keyboard open that clicking that icon is the same thing.

lowg

Aug 10, 2010
nyc
In your launcher, add a shortcut via the standard long-press method. For the shortcut's target, select Any Cut.

From here you will have four options. Select "Activity". From here, scroll down to the "H" area (they're alphabetized) until you find a value called "HiddenMenuWifiOffload" and select it.

Then, open your new shortcut from your launcher. Select "Disable" and press "Okay" at the bottom, then you can use Back or Home to exit out.

You may need to restart for this to take effect (not sure), but this should disable the pop-up when launching apps.

Just wanted to report that this does not work unfortunately. I disabled the option via the activity above and restarted, and still get the Wifi notification.

Looks like you really need root for this, and need to update the field in the db per OP.

Edit: sorry just reread and this for pop up not notification sorry for the confusion

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

jdubau55

Sep 1, 2010
Radford, VA
Anyway to kill off the GPS crosshairs? Unless GPS is enabled?

I thought that was the NFC icon?

Also I was hoping this was a real hack. My understanding is that these just disable the popups. What I hate to think about is that there's processes being used to scan for wifi even when wifi is turned "off". Wifi isn't turned off is the phone pops up telling you wifi is close. This uses battery. No Verizon I don't want to use wifi. I want to use my unlimited data plan you keep f*****g me in the ass to keep. That's the only reason I let you f**k my ass.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IF YOU WANT ANYTHING ADDED JUST PM ME AND I WILL ADD IT AND GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE. THANKS!

•You will need root

4.Reboot your phone

How to remove WIFI Popup Notification:
    Open anycut.

Click 'new shortcut'

Click 'activity'

Thanks to tillithz
    Also, anycut is no longer available in the play store. I've attached the apk for anyone who needs it.

•You will need root

4.Reboot your phone\

Original Thread: http://www.s3forums.com/forum/galaxy-s3-hacking-mods/874-hack-remove-wifi-reminder.html

Only the "Any Cut" shortcut workaround works for me.

no need to download anycut

hey guys,

to those who wish to remove the wifi popup, NO NEED TO DOWNLOAD ANYCUT!

simply open the dialer and enter the following code:
    *#6335623#

this will open "HiddenMenuWifiOffload" menu.

select "Disable WifiOffloading"
    press OK

DONE! :)
    Can we get a walk through on how to disable the popup notification? the anycut method

Open anycut.

Click 'new shortcut'

Click 'activity'