[Q] Force USB Debugging

Search This thread

triran

Dec 14, 2005
Hello all,

First of all I appreciate there are loads of threads of possible not genuine reasons i.e. stolen phones and so forth. However I do have a good reason and would be happy to discuss the reasons via PM only.

I need to bypass a "pattern too many times" issue - I was looking to talk to the handset via ADB but USB Debugging is not active. Can this be forced?

I am yet to try the bug with "username email" with password "null".

solar666

Hello all,

First of all I appreciate there are loads of threads of possible not genuine reasons i.e. stolen phones and so forth. However I do have a good reason and would be happy to discuss the reasons via PM only.

I need to bypass a "pattern too many times" issue - I was looking to talk to the handset via ADB but USB Debugging is not active. Can this be forced?

I am yet to try the bug with "username email" with password "null".

I do not fully understand your explanation, anyhow what I get is that you want to have USB Debugging enabled by default after a reboot.

If my assumption is correct, you just need to edit your build.prop in the /system directory by changing the the specific parameter "persist.service.usb.setting=1" instead of "0".

Anyhow such thing need to be rather posted into the Questions and answer part of the forum.

triran

Dec 14, 2005
The handset is locked out due to a pattern being used too many times incorrectly.

I need to remove the pattern and google access without losing data. I understand the best way is to talk to the handset over ADB but USB Debugging is not active so I wanted to know if there was a way of forcing the handset.

The reason I said to PM is that I know some people wont help as they thing that the poster does not have the correct intensions. I however have.

triran

Dec 14, 2005
Re-reading your post - to edit the build.prop I assume can only be done if the handset is rooted?

triran

Dec 14, 2005
I have a SGS which has been blocked with "Pattern been entered too many times" and therefore its asking for GMail details which are not known. So I was going down the route of trying to activate ADB so I can extract the data stored on the device first - I can not wipe the user data. I am trying to do this in a forensic manner guys. Sorry I kept that detail to myself - I must stress this phone is not stolen.

I am a forensic analyst and this is a wee bit beyond our usual remit.

Vorbeth

Mar 10, 2006
If you are what you claim to be then, what you seek to do should be child's play to you, you should also have a high enough IQ to realise this sort of thing goes in Q&A not Dev.

The needed solution has already been given to you.
To be quite honest anyone can claim its for legit reasons, dont mean a thing really does it.

If it is for legit reasons then get hold of the OWNER and get them to unlock it!

triran

Dec 14, 2005
If you are what you claim to be then, what you seek to do should be child's play to you, you should also have a high enough IQ to realise this sort of thing goes in Q&A not Dev.

The needed solution has already been given to you.
To be quite honest anyone can claim its for legit reasons, dont mean a thing really does it.

If it is for legit reasons then get hold of the OWNER and get them to unlock it!

That my friend was the reason I didnt want to say what I am trying to do. There is no need for your rudeness on the matter. This was a question for developers as ADB is usually used in developing is it not?

Having an high IQ means nothing - I was asking the developing community for help not to do my job for me.

The OWNER is the one in question therefore is not going to give me the bloody answer.

So thank you for your objection.

Vorbeth

Mar 10, 2006
That my friend was the reason I didnt want to say what I am trying to do. There is no need for your rudeness on the matter. This was a question for developers as ADB is usually used in developing is it not?

Having an high IQ means nothing - I was asking the developing community for help not to do my job for me.

The OWNER is the one in question therefore is not going to give me the bloody answer.

As you see, this has moved to Q&A as it has nothing to do with development and is a question needing an answer.

To show no offence was meant.

Flash a custom kernel, one with clockwork mod included, you can then get full access to all files on the device, either via adb or doing a nandroid backup and then pulling the files to a PC for you to do as you wish with.

Reactions: triran

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

As you see, this has moved to Q&A as it has nothing to do with development and is a question needing an answer.

To show no offence was meant.

Flash a custom kernel, one with clockwork mod included, you can then get full access to all files on the device, either via adb or doing a nandroid backup and then pulling the files to a PC for you to do as you wish with.