[STOCK ROM] Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread 4.5.91 (Safest Update)

Search This thread

TegMiles

May 9, 2013
Hm, looks like you need to do a LOT more reading. CM9 might not but CM7 has full FP support, not sure why you'd think it doesn't. Also yes, the .91 which is what this thread is all about is old now, .141 and .145 are out. All official versions of course.

I don't think I can make any recommendations. I'm using MROM which is a custom CM7-based ROM, but it might not be suitable for a beginner. I guess for the time being you should stick to official ROMs, at least until you gain more confidence and start playing with ROMs on your own.

Also, we're getting quite off-topic here...

Ok, I understand, I thought that because I read it here.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1154600

The current version of CM7 for the Atrix does not yet support the following:
- Webtop
- Fingerprint Scanner
- Pocket Detector
- Horizontal HDMI Mirroring

I thought that that info was precise. My mistake, well then I will search for the new updates that you mention, I used CM7 in tablets, but never in phones, and is quite different, well thank you.

cbmortel

Dec 28, 2013
All I did

I tried to do it on the first time and I have no idea how to fix this.

I was installing jellybean cm 10 on my atrix and here's what I did
I rooted the device
unlocked the boot loader

power and volume down
I stopped at android recovery
I went to mounts and storage
format system
format cache
format data
format preinstall
wipe cache partition
wipe dalvik
wipe data factory reset
and I install the cm10 zip from the sd card
then download google apps
then rebooted.
Once it rebooted I got this error.. and I really have no clue what to do.

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
Ah, well that explains it. But Jellybean is CM10 series/4.1-4.3. This is the GB thread on GB official ROM updates (2.3.4-2.3.6). Am i missing something about why we're talking about JB on an official released GB ROM thread?

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app

wgfreitas

Mar 2, 2008
Could someone upload that Stock ROM's files in a Google Drive account?
I would like to test (Webtop) it in a old MB860 that I got.
Thanks.
I couldn't download it. All links are down.

wiz.wiz

Oct 29, 2013
Toulouse
www.tournoidesdieux.fr
Hi,
Thanks for the link above !
I have an Atrix 4G, willing to flash the latest Stock Rom which I think is 2.3.4, for France.
I am using Linux (ubuntu) and tried to use the "sbf_flash" command, which seem to wait for the phone to go to fastboot forever, although it *is* in fastboot and listed as such with "fastboot devices" command.
Do you know if a "fastboot flash" image is available ?
I have seen that a "sbf_flash -x" command will extract the images of the sbf file, but I do not know which images are targetted for which partitions.
Any idea ?
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Warning
    Don't worry, they won't give you a brickable device like the over-the-air zip.​
    Description
    I've uploaded the stock images for those who want to check out 4.5.91 without trying a custom ROM or creating a brickable device.

You'll still need an unlocked bootloader to flash these images, but they should provide you with a clean version of 4.5.91 that works perfectly.​
    Download
    Click to Download
    (under "Gingerbread stock images" label)
    (ignore directions above the download)​
    Instructions

1. Download moto-fastboot for your operating system
    2. Turn your device off
    3. Boot into "Fastboot mode" by holding down the bottom volume button while pressing power.
    4. Use the following commands to flash the images:
      • moto-fastboot flash boot boot.img
      • moto-fastboot flash system system.img
    5. Use the following commands to wipe data and reboot:
      • moto-fastboot -w
      • moto-fastboot reboot
    Everyone, make sure you also know about the moto-fastboot.exe (for windows) that will split the large .img files when sending to the phone. The one I downloaded from this thread is the moto-fastboot-win32.zip: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1138092

Otherwise, you may get a version of fastboot that will not do this and will result in something like:

E:\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash system system.img
    sending 'system' (327680 KB)...
    (bootloader) Image is too big, use 0x10000000 bytes chunks
    FAILED (remote: (00000006))
    finished. total time: 0.002s
    Easy way to find out if you have an upgraded BL (bootloader) due from applied OTA update.zip

1. Turn off Phone
    2. Hold Vol down button
    3. Turn on Phone
    4. Wait until "fastboot" tag show up then press Vol down until "Android Recovery" tag show up
    5. Now Press Vol up
    6. Your phone will show up the attached screem right (Android guy with yellow Triangle and exclamation mark)

IF YOU HAVE AN UPDATED BL due GB OTA your touchscreen will DID NOT RESPOND for any input, TRY to PRESS RIGHT LOWER BOTTOM of the SCREEN if nothing happen and then the only way to pass this screen is PRESS BOTH VOL DOWN + VOL UP at the same time and show up the menu of the new Android Recovery (E3) on the top of the screen ----> YOU HAVE UPDATED BOOTLOADER AND YOU CAN NOT RSD ANY PREVIOUS SBF's (1.83/1.57/1.26)

if in other hands when you reach Android Recovery and still pass the screen with Android guy and yellow triangle/exclamantion mark "PRESSING THE RIGHT LOWER BOTTOM of the screen" it seem you still have an OLD bootloader and maybe you can RSD to a previus SBF's

It seem a lot of people dont know for sure what they applied if a simple fastboot/CDW GB room or indeed they applied the OTA GB

SO PLEASE READ AND FIRST FIND OUT WHAT YOU HAVE IN YOUR PHONE BEFORE YOU DO A STUPID THING AND MAKE ATT/MOTOROLA more rich buying a new phone due to HARD BRICK
    So I'm confused..how is this different than the other methods of getting 4.5.91? I know one of then can brick if you flash sbf, but isn't the cwm zip safe?

Sent from my Motorola Atrix using the XDA App

These are completely safe to flash. They don't mess with your bootloader like the OTA or SBF.