Need to install recovery and rom from fastboot but not recognized by computer?

Search This thread

antleo

Jan 1, 2013
Hey guys, So ive had this kindle sitting in a drawer for a while and finally got a fastboot cable. The issue is, TWRP wouldnt go into its recovery screen and i had no rom so i couldnt flash one. Ordered a fastboot cable and can get to fastboot mode with a fire like fastboot log on top with 2 almost traffic light looking things. one green and flashing and one red. However MY COMPUTER DOESNT RECOGNIZE IT! I dont know what to do. I feel like i may have missed something but am not sure what. I have the adb drivers installed and all of that. and KFU but still cant access the Kindle fire. In Device manager i get otter2-prod-04 with the little triangle with the ! in it showing there is no driver. fastboot doesnt return any devices either. What did i miss?

antleo

Jan 1, 2013
well now i just realized..otter2 means its KF2 doesnt it? I had it working..and used KFU..think i hard bricked it..get no response from anything, doesnt boot at all when power button pressed or cable plugged in or anything :/ I hard bricked it?

Thepooch

Mar 31, 2012
well now i just realized..otter2 means its KF2 doesnt it? I had it working..and used KFU..think i hard bricked it..get no response from anything, doesnt boot at all when power button pressed or cable plugged in or anything :/ I hard bricked it?
Yup sad days it`s bricked.