[MOD][9/14/11][FIXED] GB Touchwiz (Stock/PW) Camera v1.0: Power Button->Shutter Key

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [MOD][9/14/11][FIXED] GB Touchwiz (Stock/PW) Camera v1.0: Power Button->Shutter Key

[SIZE=+1]EDIT (9/14): I've had the wrong link posted for days, but it's now corrected. Sorry about that! If you had trouble with force closes, please re-download and replace the file. (I had the froyo version posted instead of the gingerbread version, doh!)
    [/SIZE]​
    Current Functionality over stock Camera.apk:
    • Settings menu option to enable/disable GPS tagging for pictures (ported from EH09)
    • Power Button in Camera mode becomes functionally the same as the touchscreen Shutter Key
    [SIZE=+1]GB Touchwiz Camera Mod v1.0 - APK version[/SIZE]

Camera.apk - Download @ MediaFire.com

Installation: Since this is a system app, it cannot be installed using the Package Installer. Camera.apk must replace /system/app/Camera.apk. You can accomplish this many different ways. Two common methods are: 1) use ADB to push it ("adb push Camera.apk /system/app/Camera.apk"); or 2) copy Camera.apk to your SD card, then use a program like Root Explorer to move it to "/system/app/". If you are running a Stock GB rom, you will want to delete any camera.odex files in /system/app/, clear dalvik cache and reboot. For most deodexed roms, a reboot is only necessary if the camera is not working correctly after installation.
    For more information, feel free to read through the Froyo camera mod thread.

[SIZE=+1]
    I have tested this on my phone with PWGB Version 2.0 (Beta 3). Please use at your own risk, and please post any successes, failures, bugs, feature request, etc. Also, please post what ROM you are using.

The more feedback I receive, the more likely I will continue this project with new features, CWM files, updated camera files, etc.
    [/SIZE]

Also, since I'm currently broke and looking for a job, donations might tempt me into spending more time around here :D. Let me know if there is anything that needs hackin'!
    would u mind modding the camera.apk for galaxy fit... cause none has achived in it.... i would upload the file if u wish to modify it.... :D :D
    good to see ya again gizmodroid!

Thanks man, I've been trying to get back here for months. Pesky "life" has foiled my plans...
    Getting force closes on PWGB Version 2.0 (Beta 3).

My installation method:

Code:
    adb push Camera.apk /sdcard/
    adb shell
    su
    mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/stl9 /system
    cp /sdcard/Camera.apk /system/app/Camera.apk
    chmod 755 /system/app/Camera.apk

Also tried Root Explorer, wiping dalvik, and clearing camera app data.

EDIT: I've noticed that nobody (besides you, Gizmo) has reported this to work on GB, however someone has reported it to work on froyo, is it possible you uploaded a froyo Camera.apk on accident? Thanks for your work by the way :D

I also attached a logcat, I think it has the information you need but if not I can try again.
    would u mind modding the camera.apk for galaxy fit... cause none has achived in it.... i would upload the file if u wish to modify it.... :D :D

i'm waitin for ur reply !!!!!!!!!!