Ran the tmomible radio here in Dallas for the later half of the day

No lte
No incoming SMS

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App

Last edited:

andTab

Nov 20, 2011
I have baseband I727UCKJ2

I have been unable to connect to at&t with this radio and the CM7 rom.
Any thoughts? suggestions?

PS: If anybody posts a guide how to, I will gladly pull the radio from my phone and post it here.

Beny The Kid

Nov 22, 2010
I have baseband I727UCKJ2

I have been unable to connect to at&t with this radio and the CM7 rom.
Any thoughts? suggestions?

PS: If anybody posts a guide how to, I will gladly pull the radio from my phone and post it here.

How do you mean "connect"? No signal? No data? Google servers?

promiseofcake

Dec 8, 2011
San Francisco
So I flashed between Rogers and AT&T Radios with CWM flawlessly. Also using the Rogers Radio I was able to access the RAT menu, my question is does flashing the Rogers Radio give Gingerbread access to disabling radios outside of the RAT menu? For instance, does using the updated radio allow a program like JuiceDefender control over the options for disabling certain radios? I did not check when I had flashed and now have returned to stock.

Thanks.

decimusmaximus7

Mar 23, 2006
Madison, MS
I'm currently running the T-Mobile radio. No problems here. Incoming SMS is working for me. I am not in a LTE area, but this has the highest signal and the fastest HSPA speeds of the any of the 4 radios in my area.

EDIT: After working for a few hours, the incoming SMS did stop working. If anyone knows of a fix, please post. Da_G said that he did not package a RIL with this radio. Could that be the problem?

Last edited:

phillybits

Jun 14, 2009
Question on installing baseband zip

I'm definitely a novice when it comes to Android but I've managed to root, install some ROMS, etc. So when I read in the description to just flash the zip from my sdcard as I normally did, that's exactly what I did.

I've got some folders on my SD card (ROM, MOD, Baseband, Kernel) to keep things in order and so I popped the "AT&T 2.3.6 OTA Update Radio I727ATTKK1 and RIL" radio onto my card, got into CWM, flashed, rebooted and according to my settings, I have I727UCKK1.

That doesn't surprise me as I installed Melvin's stock ROM and so I suppose that's the baseband that it came with but I don't understand why after flashing the Radio zip, it didn't update on my phone settings info.

Ideas?

I'm wondering if perhaps because I'm running 2.3.5 the radio for 2.3.6 won't install?

Last edited:

Treatcon

Apr 6, 2010
Austin, TX
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Still running same kernel as posted earlier and same rom, but now using "Original Shipped Rogers I727RUXKJ7 Radio and RIL". Both AT&T radios worked, but I had a butt ton of missed calls and data would constantly cut out when the phone was in deep sleep. Testing thus far and the KJ7 radio seems to be the one for us in Western Europe to use. All phone calls, gmail notifications, data in general and sms/mms are coming through as the phone is in deep sleep. I was almost worried I might have to trade this speed demon in on a Galaxy Nexus! DOH!! Glad I don't!!

Posting this here just in case others that live in Europe venture this direction :)

neuropass

Nov 22, 2010
www.tweakscene.com
so basically these are the modem.bin for changing differents bands rights? will it be displayed properly in settings? I mean the right denomination? like : GSM HSPDA etc?

Another question, how did you extracted from the rom's? is that with ADB commands?

justbenice

Feb 15, 2008
It look like i messing up with some radio :( Now my phone can't sms , can't call . I'v tried to reflash KJ2 or KJ7 but no luck. My baseband have been detroys :(

C

chib1panda

+1. Noticed the same too. I was running art from on my t989 and testing hspa + so I decided to flash the unlocked radio from this thread. There must be something wrong with it because when I nandroided back to my tmobile from and ref lashed tmobile modem I was unable to get signal and said no sum inserted. When I flashed and base and was unknown. When I ref lashed the art modem it took 10 mins to connect but I only have edge speeds. Going to Odin when I get home and reinstall drivers to see if that fixes it. Is there a reason the tmobile flash able radios don't cause these issues?
It look like i messing up with some radio :( Now my phone can't sms , can't call . I'v tried to reflash KJ2 or KJ7 but no luck. My baseband have been detroys :(

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA App

+1. Noticed the same too. I was running art from on my t989 and testing hspa + so I decided to flash the unlocked radio from this thread. There must be something wrong with it because when I nandroided back to my tmobile from and ref lashed tmobile modem I was unable to get signal and said no sum inserted. When I flashed and base and was unknown. When I ref lashed the art modem it took 10 mins to connect but I only have edge speeds. Going to Odin when I get home and reinstall drivers to see if that fixes it. Is there a reason the tmobile flash able radios don't cause these issues?

did you try *#2263# to make sure the right band was selected?

using a rogers LTE device jumping on other modems were no prob. weird that some are having problems doing the reverse.

C

chib1panda

Thanks for replying I did that but how am I to know what is selected. I went through the menu but there is no confirmation. I went through a few but that botched things IP more. I had to odin a modern and I have 4g tmobile again.
did you try *#2263# to make sure the right band was selected?

using a rogers LTE device jumping on other modems were no prob. weird that some are having problems doing the reverse.

C

chib1panda

thank you. I must haveissed it when I was freaking out. I did notice it took almost 10 minutes to connect when I had the unlocked ril modem flashed to my phone.
there should be a star (*) beside what has been selected. none the less, glad you are up and running again.

justbenice

Feb 15, 2008
I did re-stock rom and radio and things work out, but now i know that the i727 ( or my i727) have very weak signal , take very long time to register network. So i send back the phone and exchange to i777. And things work extrem good now. I sending this post in my bed with full bar and very fast 3G connection which is only 1bar signal with no 3G by my old i727.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

thank you. I must haveissed it when I was freaking out. I did notice it took almost 10 minutes to connect when I had the unlocked ril modem flashed to my phone.

happened to me when i tried to test the t-mobile radio on wind. I think i just restarted or went into airplane mode and out.

Top Liked Posts