[Q] Best Rom for the Shift?

Search This thread

Jimlarck

Mar 2, 2012
Right now I've been using Nocturnal's Xplod Rom. Its alright just that bluetooth doesn't work every once in a while and it over-heats. So I was wondering and wanted some of your opinions of which is the best rom you've ever seen. Thanks for helping :)

letmeputdatipin

Nov 5, 2011
UKE is tough man! That's my daily right now. I've tried almost all of them out there for da shift and they all have an upside. U really can't go wrong, they r all fun!

Let Me Put My Shift In U!

VICODAN

Apr 27, 2011
San Jose, CA
Well Mikshifted-G always made weather FC and I haven't tried UKE, I'll give it a go , thanks :D

There's 2 versions of Mikshifted-G. I didn't realize this until I flashed it yesterday. I think 1.75 is posted here but if you go on themikmik.com there is a version 2.0. I did notice some bugs (fn space does not bring up symbols) with it that I will be reporting on there.

---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 AM ----------

There's some roms on rom manager too

Your rom is listed as premium... why is that?

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
There's 2 versions of Mikshifted-G. I didn't realize this until I flashed it yesterday. I think 1.75 is posted here but if you go on themikmik.com there is a version 2.0. I did notice some bugs (fn space does not bring up symbols) with it that I will be reporting on there.

---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 AM ----------

Your rom is listed as premium... why is that?

:confused: There's are quite a few versions of MikShifted G. The latest being v2.0 as you figured out. The link in the OP has always lead to the page on the MikMik with the latest versrsion. Also, the FN spacebar issue is a know bug that's being looked into.

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Well Mikshifted-G always made weather FC and I haven't tried UKE, I'll give it a go , thanks :D

Did you do a Full Wipe before flashing the Rom? Were you using a theme?

YoungCorruptionV2.0

Sep 27, 2011
ROM manager always switches for me. All the roms will be free one day and the next day they won't. Which is why I never use ROM manager. Its to buggy

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
A couple updates have been made (MikShift v2.1, Supreme Sense v9.1) and newSENSE is out, just to name a few. Yeah there is an upside to all the ROMs (they're rooted lol), best thing to do is try them all and find the one that works how you want it to (or customize so it does).

I hate to impose, but I am the Ocean

Jimlarck

Mar 2, 2012
Well I just got a new phone and the EVO 3D but all your opinions were tried out. And to give my honest opinion, SupremeSense and UKE were the best out of all :p

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

Reactions: one_love_420

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
Well I just got a new phone and the EVO 3D but all your opinions were tried out. And to give my honest opinion, SupremeSense and UKE were the best out of all :p

Well MikRunny just got a new kernel thanks to drob. So all USB funtions are now working. Also, a new Supreme Sense should be out very soon :rolleyes:

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11

Jimlarck

Mar 2, 2012
Mikrunny doesn't have 4G if it did I would use it. Any idea of when it'll get 4G?

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
Mikrunny doesn't have 4G if it did I would use it. Any idea of when it'll get 4G?

4G may be made to work in the future, but I would not count on it. It will take an enormous amount of work to get 4G working on this Rom. It was originally not a Sprint Rom, to get it this far has taken a ton of work. Honestly the Rom is BA. I don't have much 4G coverage where I am, so it's not a deal breaker.

Jimlarck

Mar 2, 2012
I live in the heart of a 4G hotspot.. maybe that's why I've become so dependant on it xc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you try that many different Roms, and no WiFi on any. Something is up with your device.

TEAM MiK
    MikROMs Since 3/13/11
    Thank you for the RUU. I am going to try this when I get home. This is my significant other's device, so I don't have it with me. If I can't get this sorted out, I will just give her my 3D and buy the new EVO when it comes out, this isn't worth my time.

That is not the RUU . That is a Stock Rooted Rom. What RUU do you want?
    I don't really need S-Off, I just want to flash a rom with hotspot enabled. Le sigh.

No s-off = no unlocked hotspot... You caused all these headaches for yourself because you CAN'T FOLLOW DIRECTIONS!!!!!!!

just like here... Every device you have seems to be a struggle for you... Maybe rooting isnt for you???

Sent from my PG06100