[Q] Internal and SD Can't mount in CWM

Search This thread

Jrod236

Sep 14, 2011
Hi all.

Im having some problems with this, and was hoping that some one here could help me.

I have unlocked my device, no problems.
Then i have installed CWM, no problems.

Now here my problems begin... I have copied a custom ROM zip file, onto my tablet. When i boot my tablet into CWM i get some errors in the bottom of the screen looking like this:

E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

Now when i choose to "- Install zip from sdcard" and after that i choose "- Choose zip file from sdcard" i get this error: E:Can't mount /sdcard/

Then i try to select the "- Choose zip from internal storage" but then i get this error: E:Can't mount /emmc/

Basicly i cant do anything at all in CWM without getting errors, cant even whipe the cache or anything.

Can someone help me to find out what to do now. And hopefully how to solve this?

I can boot into my androind system without any problems.

Hope some one know's what to do. Thank you in advance.

Info:
TF300T
Android 4.2.1
Kernel 3.1.10-g6f31760

CWM-based Revovery v6.0.2.3

If there is anything else you need to know to be able to help me, please ask.

Have a good day.

ImmovableObject

Oct 28, 2012
CWM doesnt work with the 4.2 bootloader from ASUS. Only TWRP for bootloader 4.2 seems to work. You will have to flash TWRP 2.5.0.0-tf300t-4.2. Take note you need the TWRP version with the "-4.2" at the end. Flashing the incorrect TWRP version can brick your tablet.

Download http://techerrata.com/file/twrp2/tf300t/openrecovery-twrp-2.5.0.0-tf300t-4.2.blob.

Reboot tablet and hold volume down button while it's powering up to enter fastboot mode. Do not select any of the 3 icons (RCK, Android logo, Wipe Data) on tablet. Connect tablet to PC via USB cable.

On Windows PC, cmd window type:

fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.5.0.0-tf300t-4.2.blob.

On tablet, wait until blue progress bar completely fills up.

fastboot reboot

That should replace your CWM with TWRP.

Jrod236

Sep 14, 2011
Hello ImmovableObject.

Thank you very much for you reply, that was excatly what was wrong.. Stupid me, not checking up on that. I actually flashed another version of TWRP, so i guess i was extreemly lucky that it did not brick my tablet.

But after i flashed the right TWRP its all good, everything is working as intented, and i can make backups and flash custom roms now. Thank you very much for your help :)

Have a good day all.

ImmovableObject

Oct 28, 2012
Hello ImmovableObject.

Thank you very much for you reply, that was excatly what was wrong.. Stupid me, not checking up on that. I actually flashed another version of TWRP, so i guess i was extreemly lucky that it did not brick my tablet.

But after i flashed the right TWRP its all good, everything is working as intented, and i can make backups and flash custom roms now. Thank you very much for your help :)

Have a good day all.

You are very much welcomed! I'm glad it worked for you. :)

ZenoTasedro

May 19, 2013
I found this useful when I was struggling with CWM as well, very glad I was careful to pick the 4.2 blob :D

Thanks for the help!

Phoenix-Lead

Oct 11, 2010
San Diego, CA
Holy Crap!

I can't believe how stupid I was! I ahve always despised CWM yet I was using it on my TF300T. After searching and searching for a fix I came onto this. Great job man!

jleonard711

Mar 12, 2006
THANK YOU FOR THIS!! I too stumbled around with CM Recovery for about 30 minutes, dumbfounded by the fact that it couldn't mount either the internal or external storage. I did some research and that's when I came across this post. I can't believe they don't make any mention in any of the tutorials that CM Recovery won't work with the newest 4.2 bootloader from Asus.

mseck

Sep 18, 2009
Saint louis, MO
www.mjltech.com
Your method did not work with my TF300T, Please assist

@ImmovableObject , I've tried your method but for some reason my Tablet did not reboot with the command "Fastboot reboot" and i still get CWM-based Recovery v6.0.2.3 for recovery instead of TWRP. it did say the flash was OKAY.

Please Please help

CWM doesnt work with the 4.2 bootloader from ASUS. Only TWRP for bootloader 4.2 seems to work. You will have to flash TWRP 2.5.0.0-tf300t-4.2. Take note you need the TWRP version with the "-4.2" at the end. Flashing the incorrect TWRP version can brick your tablet.

Download http://techerrata.com/file/twrp2/tf300t/openrecovery-twrp-2.5.0.0-tf300t-4.2.blob.

Reboot tablet and hold volume down button while it's powering up to enter fastboot mode. Do not select any of the 3 icons (RCK, Android logo, Wipe Data) on tablet. Connect tablet to PC via USB cable.

fastboot reboot

ImmovableObject

Oct 28, 2012
@ImmovableObject , I've tried your method but for some reason my Tablet did not reboot with the command "Fastboot reboot" and i still get CWM-based Recovery v6.0.2.3 for recovery instead of TWRP. it did say the flash was OKAY.

Please Please help

That's strange.

Was your tablet running Android 4.2?

Try waiting a little longer (5 or more seconds) before issuing the "fastboot reboot" after the message that the flash was OKAY.

Things you could also try:
* Update your fastboot.exe to the latest version. You can do this via the Android SDK Manager on your computer. Fastboot is included under "Tools" > "Android SDK Platform-tools."
* Use a different USB cable.
* Connect cable to a different USB port on your computer.

Raice.f4h

Apr 12, 2013
Leeuwarden

fastboot reboot

Thank you! Looking for days now. I installed TWRP 2.6 and CWM 5, 6 and touch. All the same problem. Flashed the TWRP from your link and everything works fine. Thank you

ultimate_technologies

May 22, 2010
Blagoevgrad
Thank you! Looking for days now. I installed TWRP 2.6 and CWM 5, 6 and touch. All the same problem. Flashed the TWRP from your link and everything works fine. Thank you

Hello.
I have TG300TG that only goes to CWM-based recovery v.6.0.1.3 and can not mount sd card. I've tried the mothod described here, but I can't get to fastboot mode. When I hold vol down it only goes to CWM again and again.

affitto

Jul 16, 2013

fastboot reboot

Hello everyone.

I have same issue even with TWRP recovery 2.5.0.0
First of all when recovery starts i have a password request, don't know why but i press cancel and recovery starts normaly,
But when i select "install" i see internal storage (0 MB), nothing it's recognized into internal SD card.

I really need help for this issue, i'm in your hands guys :crying:

Device: TF300T
ROM: Asus Stock

mdasher79

Oct 21, 2013
Hello.
I have TG300TG that only goes to CWM-based recovery v.6.0.1.3 and can not mount sd card. I've tried the mothod described here, but I can't get to fastboot mode. When I hold vol down it only goes to CWM again and again.

I have the same problem, to actually get back to the bootloader and select RCK or Android do this:
Once CMW is loaded open command and do
adb reboot-bootloader
that also enabled fastboot again but I'm still not able to load TWRP

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

So just like the previous few posts I too installed CWM and I can't reflash TWRP.

Here's the output from the console:
D:\Android SDK\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery openrecovery
-twrp-2.5.0.0-tf300t-4.2.blob
sending 'recovery' (6448 KB)...
OKAY [ 2.699s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 2.254s]
finished. total time: 4.955s

D:\Android SDK\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot devices
???????????? fastboot

D:\Android SDK\sdk\platform-tools>

Device is unresponsive to any commands and must be rebooted manually. Once I reboot the device loads to the CWM Recovery unless I run "adb reboot-bootloader" and then I can choose to boot the ROM. So at least it's not bricked.

mdasher79

Oct 21, 2013
Fix

Found this posted by buster.

So if you're TF300T is booting directly to recovery and you can't get to fastboot do what I post above:
1. Let recovery load
2. With recovery loaded you can now use adb. enter: adb reboot-bootloader
3. You should now be at the bootloader screen (RCK, Android, Wipe screen). Do this:
Originally Posted by Buster99 View Post
I have the same on my TF300t and A700 - but it seems i just managed to get my TF300t back

i tried all fastboot (reflashing recovery, boot, system etc) no dice - especially since writing system was done after 3 secs all the time.

Here how i restored my TF300T JB

download your appropriate lates firmware from Asus (WW, US etc.) and extract the zip twice so you have your blob file

install your device drivers if needed (i used Google SDK ones) (and as a Tip Win8 sucks for Fastboot stuff so try to get Win7 Vista XP for this)

Reset your device with a paperclip/needle (about 2 cm down of your sdcard slot) and hold vol-down to enter fastboot

(the folowing i did at least 10 times already but didn't erase misc)

fastboot -i 0x0B05 erase system
fastboot -i 0x0B05 erase recovery
fastboot -i 0x0B05 erase userdata
fastboot -i 0x0B05 erase boot
fastboot -i 0x0B05 erase misc
fastboot -i 0x0B05 erase cache
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system c:\adb\TF300t\blob (this is my path - your's may vary depending where you stored your blob) ((also this was the first time i saw the loading bar while flashing)*
fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot

* it also took a lot longer as it should:
C:\>fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system c:\adb\TF300t\blob
erasing 'system'...
OKAY [ 1.695s]
sending 'system' (800935 KB)...
OKAY [133.121s]
writing 'system'...
OKAY [153.973s]
finished. total time: 288.789s

im now setting my tab up to get back to CM (which initially caused this sh1theap due to autoupdate error, same as my A700 got bricked )

hope i could help you out!

cheers
-Buster

As Buster said
this was the first time i saw the loading bar while flashing
Before flashing I was not able to fastboot reboot-bootloader but this time I was.

Hope this helps

Reactions: harend

hadnoidea

Apr 5, 2014
help!

right guys, I'm completely green when it comes to stuff like this so apologies if my questions are too daft.
I tried to root my tablet and forgot to back it up, tired few things I found online and got myself in a position where I can't use fastboot as my tablet is taking me to CWM recovery straight away and holding volume key and power makes no difference... any ideas? apart from throwing my table in a bin?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

fastboot reboot

Fix

Found this posted by buster.

So if you're TF300T is booting directly to recovery and you can't get to fastboot do what I post above:
    1. Let recovery load
    2. With recovery loaded you can now use adb. enter: adb reboot-bootloader
    3. You should now be at the bootloader screen (RCK, Android, Wipe screen). Do this:
    Originally Posted by Buster99 View Post
    I have the same on my TF300t and A700 - but it seems i just managed to get my TF300t back

i tried all fastboot (reflashing recovery, boot, system etc) no dice - especially since writing system was done after 3 secs all the time.

Here how i restored my TF300T JB

download your appropriate lates firmware from Asus (WW, US etc.) and extract the zip twice so you have your blob file

install your device drivers if needed (i used Google SDK ones) (and as a Tip Win8 sucks for Fastboot stuff so try to get Win7 Vista XP for this)

Reset your device with a paperclip/needle (about 2 cm down of your sdcard slot) and hold vol-down to enter fastboot

(the folowing i did at least 10 times already but didn't erase misc)

fastboot -i 0x0B05 erase system
    fastboot -i 0x0B05 erase recovery
    fastboot -i 0x0B05 erase userdata
    fastboot -i 0x0B05 erase boot
    fastboot -i 0x0B05 erase misc
    fastboot -i 0x0B05 erase cache
    fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system c:\adb\TF300t\blob (this is my path - your's may vary depending where you stored your blob) ((also this was the first time i saw the loading bar while flashing)*
    fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot

* it also took a lot longer as it should:
    C:\>fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system c:\adb\TF300t\blob
    erasing 'system'...
    OKAY [ 1.695s]
    sending 'system' (800935 KB)...
    OKAY [133.121s]
    writing 'system'...
    OKAY [153.973s]
    finished. total time: 288.789s

im now setting my tab up to get back to CM (which initially caused this sh1theap due to autoupdate error, same as my A700 got bricked )

hope i could help you out!

cheers
    -Buster

As Buster said
    this was the first time i saw the loading bar while flashing
    Before flashing I was not able to fastboot reboot-bootloader but this time I was.

Hope this helps