Z8 - omate clone $150 ?

Search This thread

lirona

Feb 24, 2008
Hi,
I get my Z8 and I put my SIM CARD and I can't do call or receive call (I am from ISRAEL) this SIM CARD work fine in my Omate TrueSmart.
Please if some one can help me!!!
Thanks,
Arie.

lirona

Feb 24, 2008
I also got the bt rom installed on my Z8.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app
Hi,
When I try to install the ROM I get a ERROR: update the partition.
What I need to do?
Please help.
Thanks,
Arie.

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

Check the imei

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 4 met Tapatalk
Hi,
What I need to check?
Please help!!!
Thanks,
Arie.

Edyvargas

Jun 18, 2014
Hi, where did you buy this Z8?

Hi, where can i buy this Z8, and do you know if there is a version for 850Mhz?, thanks.

also, this smartwatch has vibrating motor for incoming calls?,
Has speaker for talk directly to the watch?
it has magnetic sensor and compass?

Thank you!

Last edited:

simple1i

Aug 3, 2009
london
Hi, where can i buy this Z8, and do you now if there is a version for 850Mhz?, thanks.

also, this smartwatch has vibrating motor for incoming calls?,
Has speaker for talk directly to the watch?
it has magnetic sensor and compass?

Thank you!

You can buy if from here, please view the spec's.

I do not have one, I think only 1 or 2 people have purchased one so far. if you do buy one let us know about your experiences :good:

Reactions: Edyvargas

PichaLatigo

Jul 6, 2010
Does it use Sim or Microsim card?
Omate is using microsim but aliexpress says "single Sim card"
thanks

Last edited:

tomvdc

Dec 17, 2013
Microsim, because the z8 uses the same hardware as the omate

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 4 met Tapatalk

Last edited:

Edyvargas

Jun 18, 2014
Great, thank you simple1i, im not sure about the frequency for my country yet (2G 3G 850 Mhz, i think).

Last edited:

Edyvargas

Jun 18, 2014
MTK 6572 or MTK 6577

Thank you, do you know if its 850Mhz for regular GSM?

Also a question: The chip of the Z8 is MTK 6572 Dual core 1.3Ghz, but the Zgpax and EC309 are MTK 6577 Dual core, this are almost the same, but what its better? (answered)
i found the answer here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2455489

Also i ask to a store if this watch has magnetic sensor (or compass), still waiting for the answer, but perhaps some of the owners knows about it or has already use it with navigator? thanks

Last edited:

arovaris

Aug 8, 2006

Also a question: The chip of the Z8 is MTK 6572 Dual core 1.3Ghz, but the Zgpax and EC309 are MTK 6577 Dual core, this are almost the same, but what its better? (answered)

Also i ask to a store if this watch has magnetic sensor (or compass), still waiting for the answer, but perhaps some of the owners knows about it or has already use it with navigator? thanks

Mtk6572 is much better than 6577 for battery saving. I already had a zgpax. Z8 is much better. Better water protection, battery and camera position. Dont buy zgpax, very bad build quality too, buy z8. Has compass sensor. Yes, works at 850mhz in 2g.

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

You has this option too: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Newe...Dual-core-512M-4G-1-54-screem/1913555861.html

Its released. Hardware is the same for z8, but different design.

Reactions: Edyvargas

Edyvargas

Jun 18, 2014
Mtk6572 is much better than 6577 for battery saving. I already had a zgpax. Z8 is much better. Better water protection, battery and camera position. Dont buy zgpax, very bad build quality too, buy z8. Has compass sensor. Yes, works at 850mhz in 2g.

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

You has this option too:

Its released. Hardware is the same for z8, but different design.

Great to know, thank you arovaris :good:, the new model looks interesting too...

(update) Found a seller that told me he has a 3G 850 mhz version too (for the Z8), dont really know if can be ¿?...cant post the link but its Aliexpress store/602229

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Open and honest.

@ Lokifish Marz - Thanks for the answer

which part you dont't understand?

1. that they have stolen the PCB design to make a perfect 1:1 copy of omate truesmart

2. or that the stolen design had two design flaws introduced specifically on purpose, to make this stealing useless?

your Z8 has faulty transistors in it. It won't work sometimes.

@ cosurgi - I asked what X201 meant and about the variants - you're so intoxicated with your ranting that you didn't read the questions. You should really vent your frustrations at the manufacturers of the Z8.

Most company's copy each other even Apple, Google. Your real issue is not the 'stealing', but rather that they copied something that you may be associated too, else you'd be complaining about a lot of company's even your own who I'm sure at some point have copied something.

If you have any measurable proofs that the Z8 is inferior to the x201, please enlighten us? I'm not saying that the Z8 is better nor that the Omate is better, because I don't have any evidence.

As user 'trent999' pointed out your claim that "your Z8 has faulty transistors in it. It won't work sometimes" is also untrue. If the Z8 manufacturers have acted illegally then you need to deal with them directly if there is a patent or any type of copyright on the x201?

XDA is based in openness without prejudice, anyone can one post any copied device or software as long as its legal to do so without having to feel any repercussions. You're feedback/reply is most welcome, but with a little professionalism please. :fingers-crossed:
    Sorry it took so long but my initial impressions and submersion tests are done. An x201 dies in the process.

Even with it lacking 3G and SD expandability, I find it to be a far better and more finished device the TrueSmart or it's clones. It's not perfect but for $50 more it is a noticeable step up.

Could you do me a favor, install and run the apps in the attached zip and report back. It is a series of security check apps that scan for unpatched exploits. The app list is as follows;
    Belarc
    Bluebox
    Duo Security xray
    Eeye
    Secunia
    SRT App Integrity

Also if you could, please visit this page and run the test;
    http://www.eset.com/tools/ussdtest/

Belarc = 4 vulnerabilities, 3 high and 1 moderate.
    Bluebox = vulnerable to bug 10148349
    Duo security xray = not vulnerable
    Eeye = medium risk, Android Device Non-android Mark sources (possible Ostore?)
    Secunia = system score 100%
    SRT App Integrity = security vulnerabilities: Bug 9950697 is not fixed.
    I also did the ussdtest but my imei wasn't displayed so it wasn't vulnerable.
    Anyone figured how to turn down crazy brightness on TS lol?

Depending on what version and run you have (512/4, 1/8 1900, early 1/8 2100> THIS
    Combined with Auto Brightness > THIS

Not perfect it keeps the TS from burning out your retinas in a dark room and it helps save battery. BTW, most of the stuff in the "[INFO] Everything Umeox" is still valid, even though I have left the dev world.
    @ Lokifish Marz - Thanks for the answer
    XDA is based in openness without prejudice, anyone can one post any copied device or software as long as its legal to do so without having to feel any repercussions. You're feedback/reply is most welcome, but with a little professionalism please. :fingers-crossed:

I've been a member of the xda forums for a very long time, although I am not an active contributor as anyone can tell from my post count. While this post adds nothing to your original thread, I wanted to comment on how welcome your reply was. It's been a long time since I've seen a response to a rant so well written in both syntax and tone. For a moment I was transported to 2005 with an HTC Wizard in my pocket!

Thanks Again,
    --fg