[Q] i545 in constant activation mode

Search This thread

SteveHebe

Dec 31, 2008
Moto G Power
OnePlus 8 Pro
Okay gurus, I need some help.

I purchased a Galaxy S4 i545 for verizon used on craigslist. When I bought it, I went with the guy to the Verizon store and watched as he had it removed from his account. The people at verizon told me the phone was clean and there were no issues. Several weeks later, I took this phone to verizon and tried to replace my current phone with this one.

When they boot it without a sim card, there is no issue. As soon as they put a sim card in the phone it automatically goes into some kind of automated activation mode dialing out over and over again. There is no way to break the activation cycle other than pull the battery. The people at verizon are now telling me there's something wrong with the phone.

Thinking maybe he had it rooted or unlocked, I followed the instructions here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2578209 to put the phone back to 100% stock (including PIT), but still there is no way around this issue. (See Attached screenshot)

Anybody have any experience with this? Can you help me out? :confused:

Ultimately, I was going to switch this over to PagePlus after using on VZW for a month or so.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-21.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-21.png
    167.5 KB · Views: 74