Dr. Dre Bass Beats for LG G2

Search This thread

birkopf

Sep 20, 2008
Can anyone assist? Any luck with installing bass beats on LG G2 from package or running system, instead of having it installed with system ?

Last edited by a moderator:

danial.aw

Feb 27, 2009
Kitchener
If you are rooted the best sound mod I have personally seen is Viper4Android... Amazing software that gives you the ability to adjust just as you want ....

If you aren't rooted then the only option you have is to install another app like Poweramp or another music player with built in good equalizer

birkopf

Sep 20, 2008
If you are rooted the best sound mod I have personally seen is Viper4Android... Amazing software that gives you the ability to adjust just as you want ....

If you aren't rooted then the only option you have is to install another app like Poweramp or another music player with built in good equalizer

Thanks. Viper4Sound is an interesting option but i dont hear any difference ;(
I am.fully rooted on stock rom, i have enabled all effects in viper and restarted twoce but still i hear now difference.

Obviously I have power amp ;)

birkopf

Sep 20, 2008
This is weird... no matter what I install it doesn't want to work. I am rooted but any audio improvements won't work.
No clue what is cause it

- Do you have any ideas guys ?

deadgiveaway

Apr 17, 2014
Lol beats .....shows the power of branding ...

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Free mobile app

birkopf

Sep 20, 2008
Lol beats .....shows the power of branding ...

Not really. Unless you can't afford.

I had previously HTC Sensation XE and the sound was amazing when I connected
my Sennheizer headphones.

Now on LG G2 sound is :(

No matter what I install, including viper and other equalizers I cannot get the same sound as I had on HTC with Beats.

There must be here someone was compiled a rom with beats in it... Where to take it from ?

Trixanity

Mar 11, 2014
Ugh... All beats products are terrible. Both software and hardware.

If you want the beats sound signature on your lg phone, then just use viper and tune it for bass and make it drown out all mids and you got it.

Sent from my LG-D802 - Powered by Dorimanx & Pardus

deadgiveaway

Apr 17, 2014

If you want the beats sound signature on your lg phone, then just use viper and tune it for bass and make it drown out all mids and you got it.

Exaxtly

somnambulator

Sep 21, 2010

this.

in the audio world, Bose stands for Buy Other Sound Equipment. They make high quality, proprietary audio equipment that's not compatible with other systems, and that is extremely overpriced. Their headphones and speakers are quality products, but you pay way too much for them.

Monster Cable makes overpriced audio cables. They are quality cables, but often needlessly so. there's absolutely no reason to buy a $100 hdmi cable. ever.

Beats by Dre is a combination of the two. Their headphones and speakers are of medium quality, tuned for deafening bass and terrible mids and highs, and sold at Bose prices. Their HTC Boom Sound software crap adjusts your phone's sound profile to match their ****ty headphones.

I would consider going deaf before using any Beats products.

Sent from Tapatalk using my xposed VZW G2 :)

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

Regarding viper 4 sound, I have no experience. however if the software requires root you may need to ensure the app is approved for root access in SuperUser or SuperSU. otherwise it will not have root access and will not be able to make any changes to the android system (ie it won't work)

Reactions: pitsgraft

birkopf

Sep 20, 2008
[/COLOR]Regarding viper 4 sound, I have no experience. however if the software requires root you may need to ensure the app is approved for root access in SuperUser or SuperSU. otherwise it will not have root access and will not be able to make any changes to the android system (ie it won't work)

I have done few tests and on my rooted LG G2, neither Bass Beats nor Viper works. This is strange. The only time I was able to get a good quality sound and equalizer was on Rayglobe 4.0 rom but the rom was unstable...

LilDemon124

Sep 25, 2013
I have done few tests and on my rooted LG G2, neither Bass Beats nor Viper works. This is strange. The only time I was able to get a good quality sound and equalizer was on Rayglobe 4.0 rom but the rom was unstable...

If you use poweramp then you have to didable the equalizer. I thought it wasn't working either till i read some more of the thread.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

birkopf

Sep 20, 2008
If you use poweramp then you have to didable the equalizer. I thought it wasn't working either till i read some more of the thread.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Hmmm... but when I don't have the euqalizer in PowerAmp then sound quality is rubbish...
Also, when I go to Viper4Android and click driver status is shows that tit's not processing the sound...

But I am happy to try. Pls can you describe in steps how you managed to have it working ?

KilluaZoldyck

Apr 30, 2014
Chennai
Not really. Unless you can't afford.

I had previously HTC Sensation XE and the sound was amazing when I connected
my Sennheizer headphones.

Now on LG G2 sound is :(

No matter what I install, including viper and other equalizers I cannot get the same sound as I had on HTC with Beats.

There must be here someone was compiled a rom with beats in it... Where to take it from ?

Did you turn on musicfx in poweramp and disabled direct conrol , tone .
This seemed to do the trick for me (for viper4a)

birkopf

Sep 20, 2008
Did you turn on musicfx in poweramp and disabled direct conrol , tone .
This seemed to do the trick for me (for viper4a)

I don't have that option. When I install V4A and Beats the standard music player on LG G2 with 4.4.2 activates it and it works.
Power Amp on LG G2 does not. I guess this is how I should start this thread but I just realised now. When I was using power amp on HTC with beats I had a button for Beats and SRS. No such thing in kit Kat for LG...

Is there a file or option in Android that I could modify and add power amp as a player ? The system must know when to activate sound processing when a music or movie player starts, but power amp does not activate it/is not on that list I guess...

KilluaZoldyck

Apr 30, 2014
Chennai
Viper4android is actually a universal sound mod
So if it is activated any sound coming out of the phone will be altered by it , be it music or youtube video or anything else for that matter..
But since poweramp has its own equalizer you'll have to disable that and select viper4a in MusicFX in Tone/vol section
Btw which rom are you on? Because it worked for me on stock and cloudyflex but not on mahdi (viper4a doesnt affect poweramp)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

this.

in the audio world, Bose stands for Buy Other Sound Equipment. They make high quality, proprietary audio equipment that's not compatible with other systems, and that is extremely overpriced. Their headphones and speakers are quality products, but you pay way too much for them.

Monster Cable makes overpriced audio cables. They are quality cables, but often needlessly so. there's absolutely no reason to buy a $100 hdmi cable. ever.

Beats by Dre is a combination of the two. Their headphones and speakers are of medium quality, tuned for deafening bass and terrible mids and highs, and sold at Bose prices. Their HTC Boom Sound software crap adjusts your phone's sound profile to match their ****ty headphones.

I would consider going deaf before using any Beats products.

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

Regarding viper 4 sound, I have no experience. however if the software requires root you may need to ensure the app is approved for root access in SuperUser or SuperSU. otherwise it will not have root access and will not be able to make any changes to the android system (ie it won't work)