[Q] Help, I deleted my stock rom by accident

Search This thread

apcake

Aug 19, 2014
This is my first post and I'm not sure where to put it but I hope this is right.

I'm kinda new to flashing ROMs and was trying to flash one using safestrap on my GS3. I couldn't find one that worked and went back to my stock ROM. In the stock ROM cell service completely died and wouldn't work, to combat this problem I removed all ROMs, ROM slots, and wiped the stock ROM cache. Nothing. So then I restored to my nandroid backup I made yesterday and that deleted my OS. Now when I boot it just gets stuck at the second Samsung boot logo (there the first one that just says "Samsung" and "unlocked", then the second on says "Galaxy SIII" or something) now I have no OS and I'm not sure how to fix this, can I get some help please?

Okay, I got the stock firmware installed but I still have no service anywhere. Any ideas?

Last edited:

poppers162

Nov 4, 2012
This is my first post and I'm not sure where to put it but I hope this is right.

I'm kinda new to flashing ROMs and was trying to flash one using safestrap on my GS3. I couldn't find one that worked and went back to my stock ROM. In the stock ROM cell service completely died and wouldn't work, to combat this problem I removed all ROMs, ROM slots, and wiped the stock ROM cache. Nothing. So then I restored to my nandroid backup I made yesterday and that deleted my OS. Now when I boot it just gets stuck at the second Samsung boot logo (there the first one that just says "Samsung" and "unlocked", then the second on says "Galaxy SIII" or something) now I have no OS and I'm not sure how to fix this, can I get some help please?

Okay, I got the stock firmware installed but I still have no service anywhere. Any ideas?

Uhhhmmmm would flashing the modems help? (directed towards the more knowledged users)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013

First thing I would do is make sure your imei is still present in the about phone section. If it is, move on to the next step.

I would go completely back to stock, Odin flash either the stock 4.3 or 4.4 image depending on which you were on. If you're unsure, post what it says in download mode.

If you do that and you still have no service, then go to verizon and get a new sim card. Flashing a new modem wouldn't fix this situation.

apcake

Aug 19, 2014
First thing I would do is make sure your imei is still present in the about phone section. If it is, move on to the next step.

I would go completely back to stock, Odin flash either the stock 4.3 or 4.4 image depending on which you were on. If you're unsure, post what it says in download mode.

If you do that and you still have no service, then go to verizon and get a new sim card. Flashing a new modem wouldn't fix this situation.

it appears as though the sim was wiped

Top Liked Posts