[Q] Restoring backup after update from GB Sammy to ICS AOKP?

Search This thread

DaPhinc

May 12, 2012
I am currently on CheckRom 6 and i want to update to an CM9 or AOKP based Rom. So which part of my backups (Titanium Backup &CMW) can be restored after the update? Nothing? Just apps? Apps & app data? SMS/MMS?

I read that there are Problems with CM9 and Titanium Backup. Does this also apply to AOKP?

The-Hulk

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 9, 2012
Warrington
I am currently on CheckRom 6 and i want to update to an CM9 or AOKP based Rom. So which part of my backups (Titanium Backup &CMW) can be restored after the update? Nothing? Just apps? Apps & app data? SMS/MMS?

I read that there are Problems with CM9 and Titanium Backup. Does this also apply to AOKP?
You will get all your apps and data, but sms and contacts can somtimes fail restore as there are thr diffrences between diffrent roms.
Also for the CWM i am guessing that you mean nandroid backup, if so you will get all of you that. Check out my sig for a link to moving roms and backing up data.

Reactions: DaPhinc

DaPhinc

May 12, 2012
Thanks. Yes, i meant a nandoid backup but i wanted to restore only the sms/mms via app extractor. But it is not a big deal if it does not work, sms are not that important.

DaPhinc

May 12, 2012
For people who are interested:
My experiences for updating from CheckRom 6 to Resurrection Remix 1.8.1:
-restoring user apps with titanium backup: worked fine, no problems
-restoring sms/mms with SMS Backup & Restore (from Google Play): FC when opening sms app for the first time. Tried Go SMS and it worked fine, all old messages were there. Tried stock app a second time: works too, no more FCs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You will get all your apps and data, but sms and contacts can somtimes fail restore as there are thr diffrences between diffrent roms.
    Also for the CWM i am guessing that you mean nandroid backup, if so you will get all of you that. Check out my sig for a link to moving roms and backing up data.