[ROM/Port] (Unofficial) CodeNameAndroid 1.4.0 Nightly (02/26) [4.0.3 ICS AOSP] [DEAD]

Is this Port of CNA stable enough to put in the Development Section?

• Yes, Please...

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • No way, needs more work

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX

bobshute

Nov 8, 2010
San Diego
Flashed from Passion V13
I have the stock kernel, or from my Settings>abt phone says ICS PASSION CHILLY GOODNESS #1
I'll go find and flash glitch.

can you post a link to glitch? I found this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1459570

Ok, i flashed from stock. So if glich doesn't do it try that and yes thats the one (v14 b3).

Let me know which works best for Ya'll. I tried Glitch but liked Nelson kernel better but I was doing a lot of things at the same time so....

anyway Miller Time,,:D

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
Hmm.. Still been getting lags, maybe i need to let it settle? I'll test it out for a day or two, if anything major is wrong I'm going to have to switch back, specially since Passion has Mute/unmute fixed now.

jeremy2420

Nov 25, 2010
Isanti
Let me know which works best for Ya'll. I tried Glitch but liked Nelson kernel better but I was doing a lot of things at the same time so....

anyway Miller Time,,:D

Gps wont work with glich but i dont ever use it and another thing you have to up the min cpu speed to 200 or the lock screen is slow. Otherwise it has been nothing but butter.

Not a Miller fan but its beer so have one for me since i'm broke right now.:D

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Hmm.. Still been getting lags, maybe i need to let it settle? I'll test it out for a day or two, if anything major is wrong I'm going to have to switch back, specially since Passion has Mute/unmute fixed now.

I've not had the mute/unmute bug yet but will let you know if i do.

Last edited:

bobshute

Nov 8, 2010
San Diego
Gps wont work with glich but i dont ever use it and another thing you have to up the min cpu speed to 200 or the lock screen is slow. Otherwise it has been nothing but butter.

Not a Miller fan but its beer so have one for me since i'm broke right now.:D

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

I've not had the mute/unmute bug yet but will let you know if i do.

Actually drinking Blue Moon. And for sure I'll have one for you.
I haven't had the mute bug either or the speaker phone issue. Yeah

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

bobshute

Nov 8, 2010
San Diego

Do you have android sdk installed?
If do plug in phone and run ddms.bat. gives you real time log of what's happening. I always have it running when I boot a new rom to look for errors. I noticed picassa was trying to sync when I got lag.

jeremy2420

Nov 25, 2010
Isanti
Does the ROM have the 90° orientation?

It sure does.

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Actually drinking Blue Moon. And for sure I'll have one for you.
I haven't had the mute bug either or the speaker phone issue. Yeah

Blue moon is good, shock top is a similar beer which is also really good.

Dougfresh

Jan 15, 2011
Treasure Island beach, FL
I've PM'd DaxInfinity a couple times about porting this over to the Vibs and he's cool with it. He just needs support from a couple of us that knows what we're going.. If anyone knows about sizzling bacon(YUM!) pm dax.:)

jeremy2420

Nov 25, 2010
Isanti
I've PM'd DaxInfinity a couple times about porting this over to the Vibs and he's cool with it. He just needs support from a couple of us that knows what we're going.. If anyone knows about sizzling bacon(YUM!) pm dax.:)

Nice, can never have enough ICS roms for are phones that are not samsung supported. Not that i think that we would get ics from samsung but we should at least have GB.

bobshute

Nov 8, 2010
San Diego

Will pm him in the morning. I was going to anyway.

Doug try was current port.

BoomBoomPOW

Dec 16, 2009
Uranus
Really loving this build. The settings lag when un-checking/checking something does occur sometimes. And the Performance tweaks (CPU/voltage/etc) doesn't stick when rebooted; goes back to default.
Nothing major though. This is smooth, fast, and I actually get 3200+ quadrant scores (oc @1400mhz w/ smartassv2 ). Thanks guys !

Question:
Does this have Voodoo sound and color? Or is it using CM color? Or neither?

Dsp manager added into this would be awesome.

Last edited:

Dougfresh

Jan 15, 2011
Treasure Island beach, FL
@bob flash rom,flash vib kernel, key mapping zip, modem??
Or rom and kernel??
DERF! I'm such a seasoned veteran n00b!lol
I forgot to read the OP
DL'd nowww thanks peeps

Last edited:

bobshute

Nov 8, 2010
San Diego
@bob flash rom,flash vib kernel, key mapping zip, modem??
Or rom and kernel??

The link is to complete Rom. All is setup for vibrant. I fixed keys modem kernel etc. No need to flash anything else. I did a no wipe over passion with no problem.
Btw I'm using Nelson passion v12 kernel for best GPS. Others have flashed glitch

Last edited:

bobshute

Nov 8, 2010
San Diego
Really loving this build. The settings lag when un-checking/checking something does occur sometimes. And the Performance tweaks (CPU/voltage/etc) doesn't stick when rebooted; goes back to default.
Nothing major though. This is smooth, fast, and I actually get 3200+ quadrant scores (oc @1400mhz w/ smartassv2 ). Thanks guys !

Question:
Does this have Voodoo sound and color? Or is it using CM color? Or neither?

Dsp manager added into this would be awesome.

Voodoo sound with included kernel. No voodoo color.

Reactions: BoomBoomPOW

jeremy2420

Nov 25, 2010
Isanti
I was on this rom for a little more than a day and really liked it. But since I'm a flash o'holic I thought that I would try another new rom in the i9000 forum. Its a team kang rom from the nexus that has been ported to the sgs. Its has about the same options as this rom, with a little extra. So far it has been good not as smooth but have yet to fine bugs other then GPS, but we are lucky if that works on a stock rom on are phones. Just giving more options to people that like to flash everything like me.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1489213

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CodeName Android is now officially supported on the Vibrant so this thread's life is at an end.
    Go here:http://codenameandroid.com/cna-1-5-0-add-multiple-devices-and-nightly-builds/ to get the latest nightly build.
    or in XDA here for sixstringsg's build:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1531135

HERE WE GO with CodeNameAndroid 1.4.0 Nightlies for my (or your) Vibrant. This is pure CNA. It is from a I9000 (nightly) build made by Bubble-be from the 02-26-2012 source.
    Bubble-be’s thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1512938
    It is a straight build from source, nothing added, nothing changed. I have only ported it to the Vibrant. GAPPS is not included so you will need to flash GAPPS after flashing the rom. I have removed the asserts in the update script so be sure you have a T-Mobile SGH-T959 Vibrant before flashing.

Please visit and donate at the CodeName Android Development Site @ http://www.codenameandroid.com

This is a port that I personally made for myself. I liked it so much I decide to share with all here.
    If you are an experienced user try it out. As I made this for me, what you see is what you get.
    Do not expect support, although I will try to help if you have problems. Please visit the pages linked above to get info and change logs etc.

Additional issues fixed in the 02/26 nightly besides those in the below change log.
    * RIL issue (not correctly registering signal strength and taking a long time to get a signal after reboot) has been fixed.
    * External SdCard now mounts properly on the PC

1.4.0 Changelog
    * common: CNASettings has been merged into settings and has been completely re-writen to work better on both phones and tablets
    * common: removed google apps from compile
    * common: added the file manager back
    * common: wait to lock screen (romanbb)
    * common: webos style recents (Zaphod-Beeblebrox)
    * common: better rotation control options (Team Eos)
    * common: Added CombinedBar Auto Hide (Flemmard)
    * common: all lockscreen graphics have been improved and resized (androiduser)
    * common: root is now option (cyanogen – in developer options)
    * common: faster transition animations in the launcher (nebkat)
    * common: Hiding media from folder with .nomedia file. (cyanogen)
    * common: all battery and clock customizations now work on tablets
    * common: enabled the Notification Power Widget Enable on tablets (TDR)
    * common: improved scrolling chache for much smoother scrolling (pawitp)
    * common: zRam and Kernel samepage merging (cm – performance -> memory management)
    * common: option for always enabling battery percentage on the lock screen (whitehawkx)
    * common: improvements made to the lockscreen to work better on both phones and tablets (codenamedroid)
    * common: phone target is now replaced with browser when compiled for tablets
    * common: camera unlock target is now always accross from the unlock target to emulate the stock android lockscreen layout
    * common: Increase Zygote preload GC threshold to half the heapgrowthlimit for faster boot times (Vijay Dandiga)
    * common: fully configurable power menu (romanbb for screenshot and codenamedroid for reboot and airplainemode – Interface -> General)
    reboot and screenshot options disabled by default to be more in line with stock
    * common: made clock on big clock a tab bit smaller: looks nicer and works better on phones with smaller screens
    * common: Profiles – Quiet Hours – gives the ability to have certain sounds, vibrations, and notifications to mute a specific times (DvTonder)
    * common: fast torch – enable flash light from lockscreen by holding down on the power button while the screen is off (Zaphod-Beeblebrox – Interface -> Lockscreen)

This port includes:
    CNA 1.4.0 nightly(I9000)-02/26/2012, Thanks to Bubble-be
    Icy Glitch V14b5 Kernel, Thanks to sixstringsg
    KB5 modem, Thanks to scrizz
    GPS files compilation, Thanks to hurtz777
    Keylayout files, build.prop edits, updater-script edits

CNA 1.4.0 nightly (02/26): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17980900/cna_1.4.0_nightly_02-26_vibrant.zip
    GAPPS 02/24/2012: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17980900/gapps-ics-20120224-signed.zip

A full wipe Flash is recomended for the first install.

My installation method:
    Wipe data/factory reset
    Wipe Cache
    Format /system
    Flash rom
    Flash GAPPS
    Wipe Dalvik
    Fix permissions
    reboot recovery
    reboot system, wait 10 min for Dalvik cache to build
    reboot system

Older ports
    CNA 1.4.0 nightly 02/23
    Rom: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17980900/CNA_4.0.3_v1.4_2-24-2012_Vibrant.zip Kernel is Nelsons v12 b8 for ICS Passion
    GAPPS 02/15/2012: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17980900/gapps-ics-20120215-signed.zip

DaxINFINITY ported the CodeNameAndroid rom from the Nexus S to the I9000. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1485734. 1.3.2 and 1.3.3 are ports of ports. GAPPS are included.
    Here's the flashable zip of CNA 1.3.2 ported to the Vibrant (includes gps fix also) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17980900/CNA_4.0.3_1.3.2_Vibrant-signed.zip
    Here's the flashable zip of CNA 1.3.3 ( GPS works but it does not survive deep sleep) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17980900/CNA_4.0.3-1.3.3-Vibrant-signed.zip
    No Wipe needed over CNA 1.3.2, full wipe is OK and probably recomended if you are using a kernel other than stock.

Do a backup, try it out.
    If you really think passion is for noobies then why did you try it in first place? And ICS Euphoria is coming out...wait for that monster.

Euphoria is passion with parts of AOKP ported into it. Of course he's patented Euphoria name is plastered all over it. Don't be confused its just another port. You passion cult kids need stop drinking the koolaid seriously.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium
    @bob...am I tripping or did you include the bootanimation I shared on 133?
    Or did it stick after my no wipe update

I put it in. I love it. Thanks

Ver 1.3.3. Is really smooth for me.

The only thing I found is that the signal bars are full when you have service but nothing in between. So it shows either you have no service or full service but that's not a big deal.

I also have a no go on GPS. I need to find the right GPS files to insert.

edit: Flashed the Passion v9+gps kernel then then Passion b8 kernel on top of it rebooted and now gps locks.

edit: I put full rom up for download with gps fix in the OP.
    I'm surprise nobody has commented on this, this post has been in General for more than 2 weeks.

OP, you should follow the rules and post where it is appropriate.

are you out of your mind?