[Q] Pantech Burst Love, Anyone? Anyone?

Search This thread

yadspi

Aug 17, 2011
Are you guys just working on CM9 or are you working on CM7 as well? Just asking as I know CM9 is still not fully cooked yet and I'd prefer to CM7 Stable until CM9 gets fully out of alpha or beta or whatever it is currently in. Though I would rather have CM9 not fully cooked than stock any day.

They said CM9 and seeing that they have "better things to do" I wouldn't count on it

Sent from my PantechP9070 using XDA

marcusmarcus

Dec 3, 2010
OK, I have some info on the update that was pushed out a few days ago. Spoke with AT&T support. They did not know there was an update and kept saying it was not from them and that I should install an Anti-Virus app. Well after a while of chatting with him he finally searched their system for the software version number I gave him (JUUS03122012) and he found 1 result for a maintenance update. He said it addressed the following
-When a case is put on the device, an echo is heard from person talking on device.
-General stability fixes
-Google Security
-Group Messaging fix - The ability to send to a group vs. an individual.
-Improved Speed of contact lookup in SMS/MMS messaging application
Wish I knew that was all the update was, I would not have wiped my device for that. I had my device backed up though so it was not to much trouble reinstalling everything.

Also, anyone notice that Carrier IQ is constantly waking up their device? My device keeps draining fairly quickly even when in standby and data and wifi off and Better Battery Stat app shows that com.carrieriq.iqagent keeps waking up my device. Anyone know how to remove it or disable it? I'm so glad we have the awesome devs that are wokring on Cyanogenmod, I'll be using that to get away from Carrier IQ (for privacy and battery reasons).

yadspi

Aug 17, 2011
OK, I have some info on the update that was pushed out a few days ago. Spoke with AT&T support. They did not know there was an update and kept saying it was not from them and that I should install an Anti-Virus app. Well after a while of chatting with him he finally searched their system for the software version number I gave him (JUUS03122012) and he found 1 result for a maintenance update. He said it addressed the following

Wish I knew that was all the update was, I would not have wiped my device for that. I had my device backed up though so it was not to much trouble reinstalling everything.

Also, anyone notice that Carrier IQ is constantly waking up their device? My device keeps draining fairly quickly even when in standby and data and wifi off and Better Battery Stat app shows that com.carrieriq.iqagent keeps waking up my device. Anyone know how to remove it or disable it? I'm so glad we have the awesome devs that are wokring on Cyanogenmod, I'll be using that to get away from Carrier IQ (for privacy and battery reasons).

I read this article http://www.geek.com/articles/mobile...-from-android-blackberry-and-iphone-20111215/ and downloaded the pro version of the app to get rid of it.

EDIT: Here's more info about the app and the developer here on XDA: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=17612559

EDIT 2: I found the carrierIQ files but if I erase them I get force closes all over the place when I reboot...if anyone knows how to remove it without problems let me know.

system/bin/iqmsd
/lib/libiq_client.so
/libiq_service.so

Last edited:

marcusmarcus

Dec 3, 2010
I read this article http://www.geek.com/articles/mobile...-from-android-blackberry-and-iphone-20111215/ and downloaded the pro version of the app to get rid of it.

EDIT: Here's more info about the app and the developer here on XDA: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=17612559

EDIT 2: I found the carrierIQ files but if I erase them I get force closes all over the place when I reboot...if anyone knows how to remove it without problems let me know.

system/bin/iqmsd
/lib/libiq_client.so
/libiq_service.so
I tried that, too and also just get force closes.

marcusmarcus

Dec 3, 2010
Does the Logging Test App get rid of CIQ without Force Closing?

I use CIQ Process Killer (it's free) and terminates the Process.
There doesn't seem to be an easy way to remove CIQ from a Stock ROM.
I just tried that app and it does not find the CIQ Processes so it does not terminate anything for me.

yadspi

Aug 17, 2011
I think the process is necessary for the stock rom to work correctly, let's wait til the devs give us CM9

cletusarrarr

Apr 11, 2009
Let someone confirm start of dev work for CM(, then you can get happy lol,

i also noticed the pantech element was rooted and CWM was successfully installed as well, we need to get to CWM first, dev work can get going afters :)

yadspi

Aug 17, 2011
I hope CM9 doesn't have any serious bugs 'cause I'm tired of thr stock ROM, people can't believe it's on par with a high-end phone with all those vivid green skins and cartoony graphics

bigkevbosky

Apr 13, 2012
I hope CM9 doesn't have any serious bugs 'cause I'm tired of thr stock ROM, people can't believe it's on par with a high-end phone with all those vivid green skins and cartoony graphics

Eh - I use GoLauncher heavily customized to look like ICS so I don't really notice much of the cartoony graphics. I mostly want CM9 so I can get Carrier IQ off my phone reliably and customize certain aspects of the device, like the toggle switches in the notification bar and the lock screen.

yadspi

Aug 17, 2011
Eh - I use GoLauncher heavily customized to look like ICS so I don't really notice much of the cartoony graphics. I mostly want CM9 so I can get Carrier IQ off my phone reliably and customize certain aspects of the device, like the toggle switches in the notification bar and the lock screen.

The status bar icons, notification bar and menus stays the same no matter what launcher you use. Anyways, I'm not a fan of themes from ICS, like when I had Windows XP and my friends where installing Vista msstyles, sounds, etc., it's not the real thing:rolleyes:

Ricamed

Mar 2, 2012
Does anybody know a way to combine contacts from Facebook, twitter, gmail, etc. ??
In my burst I don't get the "Join" option I used on my previous Android phones...

Thank you

yadspi

Aug 17, 2011
Does anybody know a way to combine contacts from Facebook, twitter, gmail, etc. ??
In my burst I don't get the "Join" option I used on my previous Android phones...

Thank you

I don't know if this is what you are looking for exactly but I press menu>display options in Contacts and there you can organize contacts from FB. Twitter, etc.

Finn81

Mar 21, 2012
I have found a glonass support in this phone.satellites with numbers 65 + are they.can someone test it too?

Attachments

• screen_20120425_0057.jpg
    screen_20120425_0057.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 96

Ricamed

Mar 2, 2012
I don't know if this is what you are looking for exactly but I press menu>display options in Contacts and there you can organize contacts from FB. Twitter, etc.

Thanks but no, I was looking for an option to merge the different contacts (fb, twitter, etc) for the same person under one single contact...

yadspi

Aug 17, 2011
Thanks but no, I was looking for an option to merge the different contacts (fb, twitter, etc) for the same person under one single contact...

Oh, now I understand, you are right, I don't see any option to do that, I only use google contacs...another thing to keep waiting on CM9 lol

Top Liked Posts