[ROM] ChobitsDigitalisV1 Legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

CleZZiX

Apr 23, 2012
Bielefeld
Dont worked for me
#Terma's Kernel -> Samsung Galaxy Y Logo :/ Hang in since 5minutes.. (Stock recovery)
#Terma Kernel -> Samsung Galaxy Y Logo too.. (Flashed via Odin. Wipe and Delvik didnt had an effect)

The modded Kernel is the Terma's Kernel and for me it didnt worked :/

But you can give it a try, it would be nice when it works and the V1.8 update works without problems..

Greetings CleZZiX

HCFroyd247

Mar 30, 2012
@all

I'll have an SGY unit for testing sometime this week, Beta releases and testing will be easy once I get this phone:). Thank you very much for all of your efforts, you all played a crucial part in this rom development. I am so proud to have proactive and excellent users and testers in this thread.

Excelsior!

Developing currently:
V1.8 (sorting out installation bugs)
V2 (modified kernel Implementation)
CM9 porting (testing)

static28

Aug 26, 2011
Sa puso mo
I'll have an SGY unit for testing sometime this week, Beta releases and testing will be easy once I get this phone:). Thank you very much for all of your efforts, you all played a crucial part in this rom development. I am so proud to have proactive and excellent users and testers in this thread.

Excelsior!

Developing currently:
V1.8 (sorting out installation bugs)
V2 (modified kernel Implementation)
CM9 porting (testing)

nice OP.. keep it up :)

eyjay1991

Dec 7, 2011
www.facebook.com
I'm currently still using Creeds, but i've tried this ROM too in v1.6. I love the interface too, but will it be better if maybe you can make it ICS-like? I mean with your themed apk's it will be more better :).

karthickkatta

Mar 13, 2012
chennai
BEST

I tried every rom but i didnt try this one, today i tried this one i was amazed the alignment of the windows is great ..keep up the work and i am waiting for your updates

Reactions: HCFroyd247

CarlDeanCatabay

Apr 17, 2012
Imus City
REVIEW: Strong and Weak points of Chobits Digitalis ROM

Hi all,

I've been using this ROM for more than 3 weeks (I think) and I could say that this ROM a near perfect ROM for SGY. I am writing this review for users who wants to flash this rom so that they know what to expect with this ROM.

First off, the strong points of Chobits Digitalis :D

Interface:
Superb! Fully skinned and the combination of glossy UI + Cyan theme makes the rom unique, beautiful and very eye candy (for me).

Performance:
I could say that this ROM is really fast and stable (though for me stock rom is also fast) and below are some details:

1. Once in a Blue Moon lag experience | the system in general
-for more than 3 weeks of use, I experience slight lag on my phone like 1 or 2 times and that is when I have all my apps open in the background.

2. Faster "Media Scanning" after boot and when phone is disconnected from storage mode.

- I can't give much detail here as you would experience the ROM's performance once you have that flashed in your phone

and of course... The Weak Points of ChobitsDigitalis :(

System apps and other pre-loaded apps
-the idea of skinning system apps to match the whole UI is a smart way to introduce a new experience to SGY but I as dev (If I am the ROM creator), I would not like the users to experience frustration of app updates that keeps on showing on notification drawer every time it is connected to WiFi.

Issue 1: System Apps + Samsung Apps cannot be updated
System Apps are skinned and thus have a different signature, so for those who complain why they cannot update samsung apps (which I bet 99% of the time they don't use), any app, be it Google Apps or Samsung Apps that came with the ROM -it cannot be updated (signature issue) [do I sound to smart? -this is just a theory based on what I have read regarding apk editing]

Possible Fix: (suggestion)
1. Do not skin the apps as most of the time, apps uses the UI background (I think).
2. Create Icon Packs so we can have the cool cyan themed icons and also if possible, do a Skin Pack for system apps that we can flash via recovery which will change the image files of installed, not modified Google Apps/Samsung Apps

What's the advantage of above possible fix?
1. We can get updates from Google play.
2. If the icon is ugly (updated apps icon) and not cool -simply flash the icon pack and your phone is awesome cyan alien looking phone :D
3. If Skin Pack implementation is possible in a way that it will not alter signature of system apps (as the skin pack will be applied after updating the apps), then that would be awesome.

PS. I am also worried that in the near future the dev might loose interest in updating the ROM and I am hoping not -that would leave us OLD ROM + OLD SYSTEM APPS. I hope you guys get my point.

Issue 2: Default SMS/MMS app has performance issue
I may or may not be the only one who experience this issue, for those who don't -you're lucky :)
If you already have chobits installed, you should have noticed that the messaging app has cool transitions when loading messages (list and conversation) and there are 3 transitions I saw within the 3 weeks use and also, the messaging app has translucent background which could be the reason why it lags.
This in my opinion could be an issue with the graphics and not the processor of SGY.

This is the "setup" when the default mms/sms app lags:
Mystic Halo Live Wallpaper + Transparent Messaging Background + Glossy Bubbles + Transition/Animation = 1-2 second lag.

Issue 3: Weak Signal
This bothers me a lot. When I use Chobits ROM, the signal that my phone pickup drops to 30-40%. Say I am in my room, I usually get 3-4 bars on Stock ROM, but on Chobits I get the annoying X mark - 1 bar on my signal bar indicator and thus cannot place calls or send text messages and I always get my text messages 1-2 hours late. :(
I called my carrier to check if it is a network issue but it is not and to support that, I flashed my phone to stock S5360_DXLC1_OLBLA1_DXLC1 and I didn't have any signal issues.

Possible Fix: (suggestion + theory)
Dev should use S5360_DXLC1_OLBLA1_DXLC1 for this ROM.

Theory:
PDA controls the PHONE(MODEM/BASEBAND?)

If PDA IS OLDER than MODEM:
THEN PDA cannot utilize MODEM revisions and thus may affect peroformance (signal related/pinging towers nearby/amount of time to ping back and stuff).

If PDA IS NEWER than MODEM
THEN theoretically can MAXIMIZE MODEM REVISIONS and may increase performance (signal related/pinging towers nearby/amount of time to ping back and stuff).

NOTE:
My post is all about my experience using chobits + knowledge and experience to come up such suggestions. If you don't believe it, that is fine or if it is not correct/not plausible, then don't be an ass being an alpha geek who knows everything and points mistakes.
Pointing mistakes is different in helping someone correct those mistakes (information/ideas).

So... Dev please use S5360_DXLC1_OLBLA1_DXLC1 on Chobits v2 :D

Cheers! Chobits is a true success and gives new life to SGY. Hoping that dev will consider my suggestions. :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Hey v2 ;)

But with some problems :/

Force close Swype and Status Bar.

When i try to install a App via Playstore ''Screenshot App'' the Phone makes a fast reboot (Boot screen for a few seconds)
and then i'am back on homescreen..
My W-Lan is disconnected.. and the app isnt installed :/
File Manager installed, but phones reboots after a while in the File Manager
Whatsapp installation failed too, phones makes restart while installing.

check your /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb = 2048

Check /data/local/tmp/init.d_log_test.txt if it is generated.
ChobitsV2sucess!
done
ChobitsV2sucess!
done
done

Check the data and sdcard and find these files/folder: data/01 CHOBITS TEST FILE.txt and sdcard/Chobits Wallpaper.

On Phone /data/01 CHOBITS TEST FILE.txt
If you see this file, it means that you have successfully updated your ChobitsDigitalis Rom!
Wallpaper is on SD Card

I scanned the Phone so you got a proof :D

The Way i did.

Stock -> Vivek Kernel -> v1 -> Terma (Odin) -> v1.8 -> Merruk (Odin) -> V2 Homescreen.

Baseband Version:
S5360XXLC1
Kernel Version:
root@ubuntu #52
Build Number:
ChobitsDigitalisV2

The image you attached... am I seeing a scanned/photocopied SGY? :D

Last edited:

noobwithgalaxyy

Oct 19, 2011
Nice review,
I am not having such problems with network signal but sometimes I randomly get no signal and its back withing a few minutes..
Plus @OP, are some font files and an unnamed file(v 1.1 only specification, has too many permissions) a part of the rom?
I am afraid I deleted the rom and am too lazy to download again :rolleyes::D

Last edited:

ROFLkopter

Mar 15, 2012
Nottinghamshire
I use XXLA2 and I never had signal problems.. It's the same as stock ROM; I usually have strong signal except weak-signal areas.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using XDA

Reactions: jeprox

CleZZiX

Apr 23, 2012
Bielefeld
The image you attached... am I seeing a scanned/photocopied SGY? :D

Yes ;-) Its to proof the working V1.8 Update .
I had many problems and cannot install a screenshot app :-\

Reactions: sadaohashi

sadaohashi

Apr 8, 2012
hi im using a different rom and also using a2sd..

do i need to clean my partition by uninstalling all the apps that i installed before flashing to this rom?..

sorry im still new in android world specially in galaxy y

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you for supporting ChobitsDigitalisRom V1, all good things must come to an end to pave way for new beginnings. I have decided to unified our thread for easy access;) and on that note this thread is requested to be closed.

THREAD MOVED TO: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26312620

For v1 users, Excelsior!

F3HnxEU.jpg
    I hear you

For those users who are on version 1.8 and experiencing lags with root explorer and other applications please use this patch. I will include it in the 1.8 update.

CHOBITS LAGFIX PATCH

GET IT HERE---->http://www.mediafire.com/?zyl4ylytmrqa9q2

Flash using stock recovery or CWM. Do not wipe.

-------------------

The Theory about running Chobits Nitro Speed

The tweaks are well integrated in the rom, but there are some tweaks that are present in the init.d folder which you will automatically get after flashing the v1.8 update. Nitro speed will only work if you:

1. Make use of Script Manager app that allows to run init.d scripts via the use of busybox's run-parts command.

2. Install a modified kernel that runs init.d scripts at boot. An example of a modified kernel that is tested to work well with Chobits Digitalis is Merruk's 1.08final kernel. credits to Clezzix for testing it.

VERY IMPORTANT:

To make those init.d scripts to run with stock kernels (the one that comes with your stock rom) you need to install a Script Manager Application.

Please follow this tutorial very carefully:

1. Install os.tools.scriptmanager_62.apk found at "\sdcard\RUN INIT.D SCRIPTS\". or you can find the app at Google Play Store.

2. Open the program and configure "Browse as root"

3. Browse to "sdcard\RUN INIT.D SCRIPTS\" copy RUN init.sh to "System\etc" (you can use Script Manager App to do this or any file manager program that is root enabled)

4. tap on the "su", "run at boot" and "favorite" icons, see FIGURE A. Tap "Save"

5. If asked superuser permissions, select "allow" then reboot. ChobitsDigitalis scripts will now run at start-up.

FIGURE A:
    24zsYhZ.jpg

-------------------

For signal issues:

This will be a gray area and may be a debatable issue, This rom only replaces system files, libraries, this doesnt includes any radio drivers that can control/influence signal. So your signal will entirely depend on what firmware you are using as base and the signal strength your provider gives your area. For now I do not know what seems to be causing some signal loss, but I assure even on stock or any custom roms this issue also exists. Meanwhile, I had provided some tweaks to boost 2g/3g/wifi, so please test them out.

When I still had an SGY, I had collected and almost exhausted all tweaks to include it to my rom. Some of them don't work so I edited them out. Every customizations and personalization here are tested when I used to own this phone.

Thank you everyone for choosing this rom, your comments and appreciation drives me to continue developing this project. All of your suggestions won't fall in to deaf ears, I will continue to improve this rom as long you are all there to help me.

-------------------

PS. This rom almost reached 25,000 downloads in mediafire! where are my "THANKS"? hahaha just kidding.
    I hear you

Guys, thank you for actively using this thread and for proactively helping out others!

Sorry for being out of the radar recently, I have been busy with some personal business. But seeing people here that are keeping this thread alive brings me joy and motivation to do more!:)

----
    For issues:

BUSYBOX ISSUES-> Search market for "Busybox Installer", I personally use stericsson's. When asked where to save, point it to "xbin". (this is a quick fix for making script manager to work if you are not in custom kernel)

For using MODIFIED KERNEL-> please read previous posts, users are able to use Merruk's Kernel with no problems. (this will ensure the 1.8 update, NitroSpeed, Random Bootanimations, etc to work during boot) Some users attested that this rom works with Merruk's Kernel perfectly, make sure you follow directions properly to minimize errors.

Lags, Screenfreezes, bootloops->Please refer to first page or read previous posts for tutorials on how others do workaround with this issues.

---

OPTIONAL UPDATES:

Swipe to remove feature
    http://www.mediafire.com/?kmntn0zj6s7ctc4

ChobitsDigitalis v1.6 (for those who requested it)
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?579wx84o18kyusv

---

V2 (Work In Progress) Update:

I am almost finished with the graphics to be included in the rom, for sneak preview on what to expect from the New UI here it is:

**image removed by OP

-> actual rom may appear not exactly like the picture, I am still on the process of optimizing everything. Some images may change on the actual rom but basically that is what it will look like.
    -> The launcher will be a stripped down version Go Launcher, I may Include other launcher modification in future updates once V2 is up for download.
    -> after version 2 release, version 1 will be called "V1 Legacy" and the latter as "V2 Reloaded" :)
    -> the preview image above will expire after 48 hours.

PS. I still don't have an SGY as of the moment, so I really need your help in testing at whatever comes out from my brew pot.:)

Please continue to support other roms out there and thank you for choosing ChobitsDigitalis Rom!

by HCFroyd247
    [UPDATED]PROCEDURE TO USE CHOBITS V1.8 WITH MERRUK KERNEL ( 1.0.8 AND pre 2.0 )

LATELY I'VE BEEN APPROACHED BY MANY GUYS ASKING ME THE PROCEDURE TO USE CHOBITS 1.8 WITH MERRUK KERNEL ..SO I DECIDED TO POST THE CORRECT PROCEDURE TO USE THIS ROM WITH MERRUK KERLNEL 1.0.8 AS WELL AS PRE 2.0 WHICH HAS BEEN TESTED BY ME AND OTHERS...AND WORKS FLAWLESSLY.

MERRUK KERNEL 1.0.8 WITH CHOBITS DIGITALIS V1.8 FINAL

sc20120509162337.png
    sc20120509162405.png
    sc20120509162414.png

MERRUK KERNEL PRE 2.0 WITH CHOBITS DIGITALIS V1.8 FINAL

sc20120511200802.png

BEFORE STARTING THE PROCEDURE YOU NEED TO DOWNLOAD FEW FILES

CWM ~~> http://www.mediafire.com/?22sf24gvospcf20

KERNEL UPDATER BY MAI77 ~~> http://www.mediafire.com/?6ack2sk84y2qgy9

BOOT.IMG FILE FROM MERRUK 1.0.8 ~~> http://www.mediafire.com/?ycgnd0sw63pw1hl

BOOT.IMG FILE FROM MERRUK PRE 2.0 ( here it is a tar file...which can flashed directly through odin or you can extract it using winrar or 7zip to get a boot.img file ) ~~> http://www.mediafire.com/?6wvzbr7jiz1d61r

ODIN FLASHABLE STOCK ROM FROM DOKY'S THREAD ( stock rom as per your country ) ~~> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1465800

ChobitsDigitalisV1_ROM.zip FROM HERE ~~> http://www.mediafire.com/?qnyn8n6gvu2fvof

CDigitalisV1.8FINAL_UPD.zip FROM HERE ~~> http://www.mediafire.com/?qnyn8n6gvu2fvof

having done so....decide which version merruk kernel your planning to use....

> if its v1.0.8...put the boot.img file of v1.0.8 into root of your sd card ( make sure there is no other boot.img in there because the kernel updater scans for the boot.img in the sd card root and flashes it ) and

>if your willing to flash merruk kernel pre 2.0...then put the boot.img file from 2.0 into the root of your sd card.

~~~~~~~~~ SO HERE'S THE PROCEDURE ~~~~~~~~~~~

>> flash to stock rom by using odin flashable packages from doky's thread ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1465800 ) by following these instructions ( http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=21846668&postcount=2

1. Copy "ChobitsDigitalisV1_ROM.zip" and "CDigitalisV1.8FINAL_UPD.zip" to Sdcard Directly
    2. Power Off the Phone
    3. Boot into recovery by pressing (Vol. Key Up + Home Key + Power Key)
    4. select APPLY UPDATE FROM SDCARD (scroll up/down using volume up/dpwn buttons) and select the CWM.zip >> INSTALL ZIP FROM SDCARD , then select CHOOSE ZIP FROM SD CARD.
    5. select Kernel update.zip ( http://www.mediafire.com/?6ack2sk84y2qgy9 )
    6. After the kernel has installed sucessfully , press power button to return to recovery menu.
    7. click on REBOOT SYSTEM NOW .
    8. After the system has sucessfully booted , once again power off the phone.
    9. scoll down to MOUNTS AND STORAGE and select MOUNT /SYSTEM and press power button to go back to recovery menu.
    10. select WIPE DATA/RESET. once done press power button .
    11. Select WIPE CACHE PARTITION. go back using power button .
    12. scroll down to INSTALL ZIP FROM SDCARD , then select CHOOSE ZIP FROM SD CARD.
    13. select ChobitsDigitalisV1_ROM.zip .
    14. After the rom has installed , press power button and select REBOOT SYSTEM NOW ( first boot may take 2-3 minutes)
    15. On sucessful system boot again follow the steps 8,9 and 12 ( DO NOT FOLLOW STEPS 10 AND 11 THIS TIME )
    16. select CDigitalisV1.8FINAL_UPD.zip .
    17. After the update 1.8 has installed , press power button and select REBOOT SYSTEM NOW.

and VOILA :D you'd be on chobits digitalis v1.8 with merruk kernel :D

ps : FOR MERRUK 1.0.8 VERSION AND PRE 2.0 :

You will see a new folder on the rot of the SD Card Called (scripts)

this folder is for the scripts , add the scripts from init.d folder to this folder and reboot twice.
    Update: New Skins (please test)

Color Variants / Skins
    ZwwztvS.jpg

(Flash in Stock recovery. Do not wipe. Reboot.)

CYAN (Original) / BLUE / GREEN / MAGENTA / MONOCHROME / ORANGE / PURPLE / RED / YELLOW