Browsing pictures in real fullscreen?

Search This thread

ciquta

Jun 4, 2012
Since I bought a smartphone with widescreen display, I'd like to browse pictures in full widescreen mode.

Well, it sounds easy but I can't find a way to do it with the Nexus5 through stock apps.

When browsing pictures in portrait through the Gallery this is what i get: the picture is cropped with 4 fat useless black bars on each side.

No way to get fullscreen with stock apps?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-27-00-05-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-27-00-05-18.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 782

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Since I bought a smartphone with widescreen display, I'd like to browse pictures in full widescreen mode.

Well, it sounds easy but I can't find a way to do it with the Nexus5 through stock apps.

When browsing pictures in portrait through the Gallery this is what i get: the picture is cropped with 4 fat useless black bars on each side.

No way to get fullscreen with stock apps?

i use the gallery app(aosp), not photos. depending on the size of the photo, it will display more or less black bars. if the size of the photo fits the whole screen, then the whole screen is used.

14%2B-%2B1

bblzd

Nov 6, 2013
Toronto
Keep in mind the phone is taking pictures in a 4:3 aspect ratio which will never fill a 16:9 aspect ratio screen fully.

I suspect you realize that however and are just looking for a photo viewer app that uses Immersive Mode or Transparent Mode to hide the navigation bar. Check out this thread which has been outlining which apps have taken advantage of this feature already.

ciquta

Jun 4, 2012
if the size of the photo fits the whole screen, then the whole screen is used.
Not really, the size of the picture is actually a perfect 1080p (same aspect ratio of the Nexus5 display), and i took the screenshot with stock gallery app.

Attachments

• IMG_20140125_135931.jpg
    IMG_20140125_135931.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 84

ciquta

Jun 4, 2012
Keep in mind the phone is taking pictures in a 4:3 aspect ratio which will never fill a 16:9 aspect ratio screen fully.

I suspect you realize that however and are just looking for a photo viewer app that uses Immersive Mode or Transparent Mode to hide the navigation bar. Check out this thread which has been outlining which apps have taken advantage of this feature already.
Yes i realized that, in fact i'm taking pictures in 2mpx only for that reason.

Looks like with stock Android you can't take nor view pictures in real fullscreen mode........ :mad:

Top Liked Posts