[Q] Help...10.4.B.0.569 (Swiss) will not connect to 4g

Search This thread
Jan 30, 2014
Hello guys im pretty new to this fourm so if theres any rules i violated in this post please excuse me.

My problem occured when i flashed my sony Xperia z T-Mobile branded phone. It had 4.2.2 t-mobile firmware on it so i flashed to 10.4.B.0.569 (swiss) ch ftf and everything was running fine until i noticed that it wasn't connecting to 4g...Only 3g but on the t-mobile firmware it connects to 4g just fine (i reflashed it just to make sure) andi reflashed back to 10.4.B.0.569 and it still said 3g i tryed *#*#4636#*#* and messed with the newwork settings a bit like some other treads recommended and none of then changed it to 4g i even changed the APN because it was set to egc.Tmobile.com (which is 3g service and below) so i set it to fast.tmobile.com (the 4g/lte service) i changed it to everything the tmobile firmware apn said and it still didnt go to 4g it just says at 3g i rebooted my phone and still...no luck it just says 3g. Please i need help to get my 4g back i really like the UI in 4.3

Jan 30, 2014
try flashing the t-mobile basebands. might work. i just bought c6603 z (Australian Telstra version) and it wouldnt connet to lte in canada. so i took the basebands from rogers' xperia ZL and flashed them on my z and voila i got the LTE working.

Yea i tried that but i'm still getting 3G like i would get 4G with the T-mobile firmware...Could my phone be reading the 4g connection as 3G?

tanny0543

Apr 10, 2010
Brampton
Yea i tried that but i'm still getting 3G like i would get 4G with the T-mobile firmware...Could my phone be reading the 4g connection as 3G?
I am not sure. I flashed the 4.3 (generic firmware) on my xperia z too. it was originally on 4.2.2 and didnt have the 4.3 update ready yet from Telstra (Australia). I didn't have the LTE so I flashed basebands from Xperia ZL from Rogers and i got the LTE. I tried flashing the Bell xperia Z basebands that didnt work at all. so I dont know. sorry

Dhickory

Jul 9, 2010

Here are the APN's that I use, and everything works as it should - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2236735. I've never flashed anything other then what the ROM(s) instructions say - and as always it's best to start clean. Enter as it appears on that thread, select it, and reboot. Not trying to state the obvious or insult you, but also make sure you select "LTE (preferred)/WCDMA/GSM" for network mode in settings.

What I've learned browsing other threads about 4G (or HSPA+) is that it only kicks on when there is data to transfer, so if you are not uploading/downloading then it will most likely show as 3G or maybe nothing at all in you status bar, but should change once you launch an app/service that uses data. It will remain 3G if only using voice.

I will try and confirm this, but where I live it switches to LTE rather quickly. I have noticed a time or two where my friends 4G only phone has it and mine does as well. Noticed yesterday where H+ kicked in when loading a podcast, and when it was done the H+ disappeared.

Hope this helps.

Jan 30, 2014
Here are the APN's that I use, and everything works as it should - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2236735. I've never flashed anything other then what the ROM(s) instructions say - and as always it's best to start clean. Enter as it appears on that thread, select it, and reboot. Not trying to state the obvious or insult you, but also make sure you select "LTE (preferred)/WCDMA/GSM" for network mode in settings.

What I've learned browsing other threads about 4G (or HSPA+) is that it only kicks on when there is data to transfer, so if you are not uploading/downloading then it will most likely show as 3G or maybe nothing at all in you status bar, but should change once you launch an app/service that uses data. It will remain 3G if only using voice.

I will try and confirm this, but where I live it switches to LTE rather quickly. I have noticed a time or two where my friends 4G only phone has it and mine does as well. Noticed yesterday where H+ kicked in when loading a podcast, and when it was done the H+ disappeared.

Hope this helps.

H+ showed up when i was downloading/Using internet. and 3g popped up when i wasn't doing anything internet wise. so what your saying is that H+ IS my 4G?

Dhickory

Jul 9, 2010
Jan 30, 2014
Yes. I talked with a t-mobile rep yesterday and though I didn't have 100% confidence in his explanation, what he said basically lines up with everything else I've read. Check this if you're still curious - http://www.androidauthority.com/hspa-vs-lte-which-one-is-better-78120/

Okay thanks for the help. oh another thing...Currently im on the 4.2.2 t-mobile firmware and i have 4g right now but when i went to search for networks it says im connected to t-mobile 3g network?

Dhickory

Jul 9, 2010
Okay thanks for the help. oh another thing...Currently im on the 4.2.2 t-mobile firmware and i have 4g right now but when i went to search for networks it says im connected to t-mobile 3g network?

Are you talking about under Mobile Networks » Service Providers? This is what I see, and it actually had the 2G one selected, this is the first time I've actually ever opened that option.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-06-10-22-14.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-06-10-22-14.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 21
Jan 30, 2014
Are you talking about under Mobile Networks » Service Providers? This is what I see, and it actually had the 2G one selected, this is the first time I've actually ever opened that option.

Yea but i guess its not a big deal....But do you know why the camera quality is kinda ****ty on 4.3? I heard it was just a bug but if there some fix i would like to know

Dhickory

Jul 9, 2010
Yea but i guess its not a big deal....But do you know why the camera quality is kinda ****ty on 4.3? I heard it was just a bug but if there some fix i would like to know

Camera quality for me is just fine. I've taken a lot of pictures since switching to 4.3, and they all look fine to me with the exception of those in low light, but that's pretty much any phone.