[MOD][Xposed][4.4+] Tinted Translucent StatusBar (Beta 3.3)

Search This thread

Woalk

Oct 27, 2013
woalk.com
Requires Xposed Framework by rovo89. Special thanks to him!

Tinting Status Bar and Navigation Bar on KitKat and Lollipop with “Translucent Mode”
This module offers the option to make the status bar and navigation bar “translucent” with a color behind, like the Material Apps in Lollipop or the HTC Sense Apps in Sense 6 and 7.
For every Activity, in every app you want.

header_scr.png

Isn't that nice, huh? :p

The app just uses the Translucent API to draw the status bar and navigation bar, so - it won't enable Translucent Mode on devices that don't support it.
Otherwise, it will e.g. give you the full Sense 6 feeling even in non-Sense-apps on an HTC Sense 6 device.

For developers, take a look at https://github.com/jgilfelt/SystemBarTint, if you want your app to look like this even without this module.
I use code of this in my module, special thanks to Jeff Gilfelt for giving this template to do something like that!

Download the app from Xposed Repo:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.woalk.apps.xposed.ttsb

To Download the module in Xposed Installer, you have to allow BETA downloads, as the module is currently in Beta state (user interface isn't as bug-free as it should, but I wanted to share my work as soon as I could).

Just activate the module and reboot, as Xposed suggests. A soft reboot should be enough.
After that, you don't need to reboot to apply settings.

There's a thing called TTSB Community. There you can create an account (you don't have to) and download settings other users published there, or (with an account) publish your own if they aren't there.
Maybe in some time you'll find many settings over there!
If you want to create an account, please see the Terms of use. Thank you.

For using this module bypassing the not-very-well-working UI, maybe a look on my Wiki article about manually setting TTSB Settings Codes should help:
https://github.com/woalk/TintedTranslucentStatusbar/wiki/TTSB-codes

If it does not work, check:
  • Do you get translucent StatusBar in other apps, without the module (there are test apps for this purpose in Play Store)?
  • If not: Are you on CyanogenMod? There's an option in “Performance” settings menu to enable or disable things like the gradient.
  • Has your problem something to do with an already known bug (look at the end of this post, there are they listed)?
  • Is your problem just for one special app? Please include a Play Store link, XDA thread link, source code link, or anything like this, of that app, or even a description of how it works, like “apps with text field aligned to the bottom of the screen don't move it with IME anymore, which is making it to disappear behind the keyboard”. Also please post your TTSB settings code for that Activity, if you're able to (if the bug is not with the apps UI).
  • Is your problem device/ROM related? I can't test every ROM because I can't buy every device, but check the first and third point of this list first. My module is using system code of android that should be in every ROM's code, I can't imagine any ROM working without onCreate() method of an Activity.
    Maybe it has something to do with security features of a ROM, because my module is using world-readable SharedPreferences to have access to them from every app's onCreate() methods. If you know a better way, please, tell me, I'm relatively new to Xposed.

But have fun with testing this module! :D

I was inspired by Tinted Status Bar by MohammadAG, a more complicated module that tints the full status bar, so that module works even on older versions of android (between 4.0 and 4.4+).
But I did not like touching the status bar itself, as it creates some problems with some functions and apps, and it never gave me the mentioned "Sense 6 feeling" I wanted.
So I started to create my own module.
But, thanks to MohammadAG, TSB is also a great alternative if you don't want the Translucent overlay in the status bar.

This module was tested in an emulator and on an HTC One M7 running ARHD 71.1 first, at the moment CyanogenMod 11 M10.

This module works perfectly fine with my other module, Translucent Style, which changes the style of the translucency (gradient, Sense 6/Android “L” style, Sense 5 style, ...), this is very good to make TTSB's result way more unique! ;)
Please note that Translucent Style only works on KitKat by now, not on Lollipop (TTSB does well though).

The source code can be found on GitHub under GNU GPL V2:
https://github.com/woalk/TintedTranslucentStatusbar

Changelog:

Beta 3.3
  • Added detection of hiding SystemUI controls (i.e. StatusBar and NavBar), so that the tint does not overlap a fullscreen or Immersive-Mode app
    [*]Added use of Material Design on Lollipop.
Beta 3.2
  • Fixed new comments showing on top of the list.
  • Fixed comments deletion.
  • Fixed some parsing errors, either resulting in an FC or in untouched Activities instead of correctly tinted ones.
Beta 3.1
  • Fix: FC when there are many comments
  • Fix: username uppercase handling (no uppercase letters allowed)
  • Fix: better username change (only change username)
  • Fix: "Chosen" only showing on top-voted submit.
  • Community passwords now auto-generated. (reason for better username change)
  • Notification center added, to see new comments or votes.
  • (Notification center, see above) Mentions by @(user)
Beta 3.0
  • Introducing TTSB community, a platform to share settings of this module with other users
  • Fix: Made scrolling in main screen a bit smoother.
Beta 2.2.3
  • Fixed XHaloFloatingWindow by excluding its flag from tinting.
Beta 2.2.2
  • Fixed padding = nothing -> FC.
  • Fixed landscape navigation padding.
  • Added option to only sync layout options.
Beta 2.2.1
  • Fixed bug where padding was not saved.
  • Added timestamps to database.
Beta 2.2
  • Now showing if database settings are different from local ones.
  • Fixed bug with FC when trying to enter custom advanced options without settings set.
  • Fixed bug with copying of settings won't work.
  • Fixed bug with the app list where it jumps back to the top when returning to it.
  • Fixed bug with the app list where it does not show all apps sometimes.
Beta 2.1.1
  • Fixed bug with CheckBoxes in Sync menu.
  • Changed unit of “increase status/nav bar height” to dp (to make settings independent from density).
  • Changed some infos about the database in TTSB UI.
  • Made logging an optional option.
Beta 2.1
  • Added TTSB database possibilities.
  • Fixed several smaller bugs.
Beta 2.0
  • Added options to define the three previous layout options more exactly.
  • Added option to don't do anything with layout.
  • Improved UI: app selection now an full list with icons in an Activity.
  • Improved UI: Settings now can be copied to other Activities.
  • New settings saving engine: TTSB settings code.
  • Improved UI: Option to modify settings code directly and to copy and paste it somewhere, so e.g. you can share your settings more easily.
  • The predefined layout options have been reworked.
  • With the right configuration, nearly every app should be able to do that “scroll content behind translucent navbar” thing.
  • Through all that: Many bugfixes (or at least “possible” bug fixes with the right settings).
Beta 1.4
  • Changed layout moving engine.
  • Fixed bug with keyboard not moving the layout.
  • Scrollable content now moves behind NavBar, but is accessable.
Beta 1.3
  • Fixed bug with app crashing when using this module.
  • Fixed bug with settings aren't working for some Activities.
  • Color can now be set in #AARRGGBB or #RRGGBB.
Beta 1.2
  • Added possibility to exclude Activities from “.[ALL]” tinting.
  • Fixed bug with settings, that you had to set an Activity twice to appear.
  • Fixed bug increasing performance between the module's UI Activities.
  • Fixed bug on some devices with the color boxes and autocompletion.
Beta 1.1
  • Added navigation bar tinting.
  • Added alphabetical order for apps and Activities.
  • Added ability to tint all Activities of an app.
  • Added ability to overwrite settings an app already made (buggy atm)
Beta 1.0
Initial release.

Known bugs:

• No seperate landscape options possible.
  • ActionBar color changing within the same Activity (Play Store) cannot be handled at the moment.
  • Dialog windows get borders when they are included in tinting.

Attachment: Screenshots of the user interface of the app.

XDA:DevDB Information
Tinted Translucent StatusBar, Xposed for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
Woalk
Source Code: https://github.com/woalk/TintedTranslucentStatusbar

Xposed Package Name: com.woalk.apps.xposed.ttsb

Version Information
Current Beta Version: Beta 3.3
Beta Release Date: 2015-05-03

Created 2015-05-06
Last Updated 2015-05-15

Attachments

• scr_0.png
    scr_0.png
    237.4 KB · Views: 21,131
  • scr_1.png
    scr_1.png
    147.8 KB · Views: 20,049
  • scr_2.png
    scr_2.png
    97.8 KB · Views: 19,047
  • scr_3.png
    scr_3.png
    79 KB · Views: 17,578
  • scr_4.png
    scr_4.png
    152.6 KB · Views: 17,181
  • scr_5.png
    scr_5.png
    87 KB · Views: 16,739
  • scr_6.png
    scr_6.png
    100.2 KB · Views: 16,441
  • scr_7.png
    scr_7.png
    92 KB · Views: 16,041
  • scr_8.png
    scr_8.png
    132.7 KB · Views: 16,019
  • scr_9.png
    scr_9.png
    82 KB · Views: 15,570
  • scr_10.png
    scr_10.png
    122.4 KB · Views: 15,498
  • scr_example1.png
    scr_example1.png
    106.8 KB · Views: 15,681
  • scr_example2.png
    scr_example2.png
    108.9 KB · Views: 16,767
Last edited:

jkgao

Nov 25, 2012
I know, it isn't user friendly atm.
Keep waiting until next weekend or so, I'll work on a way better user experience. :)
This is just the first preview of what this module will be in its Stable state.

Have you seen this module where it has a color picker that you can overlay on all screens and it can autodetect color, has a slider to adjust it, and a reset to default color option..

This looks awesome btw

Woalk

Oct 27, 2013
woalk.com
Have you seen this module where it has a color picker that you can overlay on all screens and it can autodetect color, has a slider to adjust it, and a reset to default color option..
Yes, I've seen, and I like it. I'll look in a similar direction when programming the color picker, but I can't promise anything for now, I'm not that experienced as some others.

This looks awesome btw
Thank you and all the others liking this, as long as the idea is that much appreciated, I'll keep working on it!

JaeKay

Feb 27, 2013
MohammadAG said he will be updating his TSB module with the gradient soon. How will these two be different then?

But looks really great!

RusherDude

Aug 24, 2012
MohammadAG said he will be updating his TSB module with the gradient soon. How will these two be different then?

But looks really great!

TSB is far superior in everything except the gradient, if they implement it this will need a lot of work to get at TSB's level :fingers-crossed:

Aashuk Mehta

Sep 4, 2012
Mumbai
Redmi Note 10

This looks awesome btw

+1 this is better than tsb module atm.
This also colors the clock and battery on some ROMs that tsb doesn't.
But it's not open source, so I think the dev won't do it

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

babalonius508

Sep 29, 2011
Austin
TSB is great but I prefer this module because I believe it uses the translucent api to apply the gradient instead of coloring the whole status bar. This seems to be faster and the transitions are so smooth.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Woalk

Oct 27, 2013
woalk.com
OP
can you do for navigation bar too?
mannn it definitely will be damn owesome
kudos :)

Yes, that's the next small step.

TSB is far superior in everything except the gradient, if they implement it this will need a lot of work to get at TSB's level :fingers-crossed:
TSB has released a beta with gradient status bar, sorry

I'll take a look at TSB's implementation of the gradient and where it may be different from mine. I've some ideas to make my module different, and I'll see which ones of them can be implemented.

babalonius508

Sep 29, 2011
Austin
Yes, that's the next small step.

I'll take a look at TSB's implementation of the gradient and where it may be different from mine. I've some ideas to make my module different, and I'll see which ones of them can be implemented.

The transitions into an application with gradient are so smooth on your module. It's great. This is something TSB lacks. The reverse tinting in the latest beta of TSB is very useful. Any chance of a similar implementation with your module?

Sent from my Nexus 5

Reactions: MarckX

Woalk

Oct 27, 2013
woalk.com
The transitions into an application with gradient are so smooth on your module. It's great. This is something TSB lacks. The reverse tinting in the latest beta of TSB is very useful. Any chance of a similar implementation with your module?

Reverse tinting - tinting the ActionBar additionally to status bar?
Maybe, for system default ActionBar it will not be very complicated to add it, I think.
Would be useful, that's right.
But I don't want to start copying TSB line for line. :D
I'll think about it.

For you and to all saying that TSB's implementation is now there - as far as I can see it in the thread of TSB, even using their gradient implementation accesses the full status bar instead of using KitKat's API, which makes the "move layout option" of my module unnecessary, but I think it uses more power and it overwrites any system specific things (like that the HTC One doesn't use gradients but a bit darker color, and that the default transition effects are deactivated).
I won't view the full code on my smartphone, will look into it in a few hours, but I think that's the actual state now - TSB and TTSB are completely different working modules.

G

GuestK0036

@Woalk, great app thank a lot!

It miss just a few options:
1) rearrange list of apps in alphabetical order and/or add a search function
2) Add a backup/restore settings
3) Add a color picker
4) That's all (I think so), please keep this module easy

Thanks again.

Woalk

Oct 27, 2013
woalk.com
So this module is a ripoff from Tinted Status Bar?

As I said 2 posts before, it is a completely different implementation using - in my opinion - a better way to do it.
Viewed TSB's 1.8.9, and it's not nice - does some sort of hard code a gradient into the status bar. Nice for pre-KitKat, but not nice for KitKat users.
But feel free to use TSB if you like it. :D
Every module has its advantages.

Reactions: Micoolef

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Requires Xposed Framework by rovo89. Special thanks to him!

Tinting Status Bar and Navigation Bar on KitKat and Lollipop with “Translucent Mode”
    This module offers the option to make the status bar and navigation bar “translucent” with a color behind, like the Material Apps in Lollipop or the HTC Sense Apps in Sense 6 and 7.
    For every Activity, in every app you want.

header_scr.png

Isn't that nice, huh? :p

The app just uses the Translucent API to draw the status bar and navigation bar, so - it won't enable Translucent Mode on devices that don't support it.
    Otherwise, it will e.g. give you the full Sense 6 feeling even in non-Sense-apps on an HTC Sense 6 device.

For developers, take a look at https://github.com/jgilfelt/SystemBarTint, if you want your app to look like this even without this module.
    I use code of this in my module, special thanks to Jeff Gilfelt for giving this template to do something like that!

Download the app from Xposed Repo:
    http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.woalk.apps.xposed.ttsb

To Download the module in Xposed Installer, you have to allow BETA downloads, as the module is currently in Beta state (user interface isn't as bug-free as it should, but I wanted to share my work as soon as I could).

Just activate the module and reboot, as Xposed suggests. A soft reboot should be enough.
    After that, you don't need to reboot to apply settings.

There's a thing called TTSB Community. There you can create an account (you don't have to) and download settings other users published there, or (with an account) publish your own if they aren't there.
    Maybe in some time you'll find many settings over there!
    If you want to create an account, please see the Terms of use. Thank you.

For using this module bypassing the not-very-well-working UI, maybe a look on my Wiki article about manually setting TTSB Settings Codes should help:
    https://github.com/woalk/TintedTranslucentStatusbar/wiki/TTSB-codes

If it does not work, check:
    • Do you get translucent StatusBar in other apps, without the module (there are test apps for this purpose in Play Store)?
    • If not: Are you on CyanogenMod? There's an option in “Performance” settings menu to enable or disable things like the gradient.
    • Has your problem something to do with an already known bug (look at the end of this post, there are they listed)?
    • Is your problem just for one special app? Please include a Play Store link, XDA thread link, source code link, or anything like this, of that app, or even a description of how it works, like “apps with text field aligned to the bottom of the screen don't move it with IME anymore, which is making it to disappear behind the keyboard”. Also please post your TTSB settings code for that Activity, if you're able to (if the bug is not with the apps UI).
    • Is your problem device/ROM related? I can't test every ROM because I can't buy every device, but check the first and third point of this list first. My module is using system code of android that should be in every ROM's code, I can't imagine any ROM working without onCreate() method of an Activity.
      Maybe it has something to do with security features of a ROM, because my module is using world-readable SharedPreferences to have access to them from every app's onCreate() methods. If you know a better way, please, tell me, I'm relatively new to Xposed.

But have fun with testing this module! :D

I was inspired by Tinted Status Bar by MohammadAG, a more complicated module that tints the full status bar, so that module works even on older versions of android (between 4.0 and 4.4+).
    But I did not like touching the status bar itself, as it creates some problems with some functions and apps, and it never gave me the mentioned "Sense 6 feeling" I wanted.
    So I started to create my own module.
    But, thanks to MohammadAG, TSB is also a great alternative if you don't want the Translucent overlay in the status bar.

This module was tested in an emulator and on an HTC One M7 running ARHD 71.1 first, at the moment CyanogenMod 11 M10.

This module works perfectly fine with my other module, Translucent Style, which changes the style of the translucency (gradient, Sense 6/Android “L” style, Sense 5 style, ...), this is very good to make TTSB's result way more unique! ;)
    Please note that Translucent Style only works on KitKat by now, not on Lollipop (TTSB does well though).

The source code can be found on GitHub under GNU GPL V2:
    https://github.com/woalk/TintedTranslucentStatusbar

Changelog:

Beta 3.3
    • Added detection of hiding SystemUI controls (i.e. StatusBar and NavBar), so that the tint does not overlap a fullscreen or Immersive-Mode app
      [*]Added use of Material Design on Lollipop.
    Beta 3.2
    • Fixed new comments showing on top of the list.
    • Fixed comments deletion.
    • Fixed some parsing errors, either resulting in an FC or in untouched Activities instead of correctly tinted ones.
    Beta 3.1
    • Fix: FC when there are many comments
    • Fix: username uppercase handling (no uppercase letters allowed)
    • Fix: better username change (only change username)
    • Fix: "Chosen" only showing on top-voted submit.
    • Community passwords now auto-generated. (reason for better username change)
    • Notification center added, to see new comments or votes.
    • (Notification center, see above) Mentions by @(user)
    Beta 3.0
    • Introducing TTSB community, a platform to share settings of this module with other users
    • Fix: Made scrolling in main screen a bit smoother.
    Beta 2.2.3
    Beta 2.2.2
    • Fixed padding = nothing -> FC.
    • Fixed landscape navigation padding.
    • Added option to only sync layout options.
    Beta 2.2.1
    • Fixed bug where padding was not saved.
    • Added timestamps to database.
    Beta 2.2
    • Now showing if database settings are different from local ones.
    • Fixed bug with FC when trying to enter custom advanced options without settings set.
    • Fixed bug with copying of settings won't work.
    • Fixed bug with the app list where it jumps back to the top when returning to it.
    • Fixed bug with the app list where it does not show all apps sometimes.
    Beta 2.1.1
    • Fixed bug with CheckBoxes in Sync menu.
    • Changed unit of “increase status/nav bar height” to dp (to make settings independent from density).
    • Changed some infos about the database in TTSB UI.
    • Made logging an optional option.
    Beta 2.1
    • Added TTSB database possibilities.
    • Fixed several smaller bugs.
    Beta 2.0
    • Improved UI: Option to modify settings code directly and to copy and paste it somewhere, so e.g. you can share your settings more easily.
    • With the right configuration, nearly every app should be able to do that “scroll content behind translucent navbar” thing.
    • Through all that: Many bugfixes (or at least “possible” bug fixes with the right settings).
    Beta 1.4
    • Changed layout moving engine.
    • Fixed bug with keyboard not moving the layout.
    • Scrollable content now moves behind NavBar, but is accessable.
    Beta 1.3
    • Fixed bug with app crashing when using this module.
    • Fixed bug with settings aren't working for some Activities.
    • Color can now be set in #AARRGGBB or #RRGGBB.
    Beta 1.2
    • Added possibility to exclude Activities from “.[ALL]” tinting.
    • Fixed bug with settings, that you had to set an Activity twice to appear.
    • Fixed bug increasing performance between the module's UI Activities.
    • Fixed bug on some devices with the color boxes and autocompletion.
    Beta 1.1
    • Added navigation bar tinting.
    • Added alphabetical order for apps and Activities.
    • Added ability to tint all Activities of an app.
    • Added ability to overwrite settings an app already made (buggy atm)
    Beta 1.0
    Initial release.

Known bugs:

• No seperate landscape options possible.
    • ActionBar color changing within the same Activity (Play Store) cannot be handled at the moment.
    • Dialog windows get borders when they are included in tinting.

Attachment: Screenshots of the user interface of the app.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Tinted Translucent StatusBar, Xposed for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    Woalk
    Source Code: https://github.com/woalk/TintedTranslucentStatusbar

Xposed Package Name: com.woalk.apps.xposed.ttsb

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: Beta 3.3
    Beta Release Date: 2015-05-03

Created 2015-05-06
    Last Updated 2015-05-15
    There's something coming.

I have to tease a little: I'm working from scratch on the layout engine and I'm doing so for usability as well.

I started to build a new UI because the layout engine requires a lot of additional settings to make for apps that don't behave like they should.
    But I've a plan how to do everything and there should be no more problems when this release is done.

Because the wished auto-tint and especially because of the bunch of settings for every app, I decided to start a settings database for TTSB, where you can commit settings for apps you found per try-and-error, and colors for the apps.
    The database can be updated from TTSB UI, where it picks the apps and Activities you need and sets everything automatically. Of course there will also be the advanced mode from now where you can define settings manually.

Tomorrow I will be away from home for two days, so I don't have time to work on anything.
    It may take a week or more to implement everything I want, and maybe the database has to wait even more time. Let's see.

Just wanted to let you know I'm not doing nothing. Have a nice day. :)
    Update available, have a nice day with it.

Update to Beta 1.1 now available on Xposed repository!

Changes made:
    Added option to tint the navigation bar.
    Info: KitKat API doesn't support Translucent in landscape mode.

Apps and Activities are now sorted in alphabetical order.
    It was urgently needed and here it is - now searching an app and Activity doesn't take hours of time.

There is now an option “...[ALL]” in every app's Activity list.
    With this you can select to tint every Activity of this app like this setting.
    Every Activity you add additionally will be an exception of that rule.

You can download it from Xposed repo (link in first post).

TODO for the next release(s):

Next release:
    • Add ability to exclude an Activity from being tinted by the “.[ALL]” option
    • Add ability to overwrite an Activity's own Translucent mode.
    • Add ability to react on Action Bar color changes while browsing somewhere (like Play Store).
    After that (don't know which release it will be):
    • Improve performance!
    • Make UI even better and easier.
    • Add color picker.
    • Add tinting of the ActionBar (“reverse tinting”).
    • Maybe add tinting of status bar icons on very light backgrounds, but this will take some more time than other things.
    Greetings, my users! :)

Big sorry, this week was full of stuff where I could not work on anything, and the next time this will continue as well.
    But I monitored and I will monitor what is going on in this thread and I have in mind all the comments you left here, don't worry.

First of all, thanks to @Micoolef for his post. I totally agree with him, and I have one thing to say:
    A beta software is not a best-usable release. At the roots of beta software, it is thought as a software for advanced users who want to try out something new, something not tested in all ways, but something that is working.
    Beta software is designed to get all those comments for new requests, bug reports, and so on, finally to have removed all bugs and have a stable release where nothing of this will be a big problem and where a good usability is present.
    As an advanced user, wanting to test this, it should no problem that you have to enter all colors manually instead of having an automation doing it for you.
    "Well, but TSB is also beta, why?" - One answer: it's there for a longer time, more experienced, it is in version 8 where this module is still in version 1.
    I can promise you, if this module will ever have to enter 8 versions of major beta before being a stable way sooner, there will be a good user interface in this time.
    But my first goal is to remove all bugs found in the main engine. The main engine of this module is the Translucent Tinting, not the UI to manage it.
    And if I want to make this working perfectly well, I need your testing.
    I added some check-before-reporting-bug-rules to the first post. Maybe someone will read it before posting.

Please don't get me wrong - I'm thankful to all of you, even for reporting bugs that are already mentioned in the “Known bugs” section of the first post, because it reminds me that there are users I have to feed with my updates, that my work is helpful to others and that you want more of it.
    I'm impressed of how far I got with just this idea.. a featured module, thousands of downloads, and an update-hungry community.
    Thank you all. :)

As soon as I can continue working, I'll do. Some bugfix releases maybe are not far away.
    I'm aware of the bug with text fields because it's annoying me in Twitter from time to time when I need it, so - this will be the next thing I'm heading.

Just be optimistic: The module is working, and I'm very happy with it in everyday use. Wait for everything else, wait for bugfixes and exclude Activities that are not working well. I'm working on it.

And now, after all this... Have a nice day!
    I'll resume being as active as I were before as soon as I can. :)
    Beta 2.0!

Beta 2.0 Version is now available for your download on Xposed repository!
    (link in the first post or by search in Xposed Installer)

I'm very excited to release it now, the long expected Beta 2.0.
    I worked until now nearly without break on the various UI things, now here it is and as far as I tested it, it worked very good.
    But, as always, it's Beta, please expect some bugs.

And please clear data if you're upgrading from any previous version.
    Sorry, but it's necessary.

The UI for advanced rules is still a bit buggy.
    Sometimes it does work, sometimes not, sometimes you have to use the “up” button in ActionBar instead of the back button to save settings, I'll look more into this at another day, for now I'm too tired, but I wanted to release something. :)
    The database is also not implemented for now, you've to see on your own if you can be comfortable with the new settings.

For setting all the settings with a buggy UI, please consider reading the TTSB Settings Code article on my GitHub.
    With knowing that, or reading and trying what is described there, you can add the settings manually by Overflow menu > “Enter code directly”.

Here is a (nearly) full changelog of Beta 2.0:

Have fun with TTSB Beta 2.0! :D