Something to replace the back cover

Search This thread

GaspRulez

Apr 17, 2014
Rome
I'm going to buy the G2, but I really don't like the back cover (or the back body? I don't know hot to call that) it seems too much made with a low quality plastic, do you know if somewhere there are a shop to buy a better back cover? I really need that :(

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk ( Italy For The Win)

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
I dont think that you can easy find an custom back cover for the G2 international, and if you remove the cover from your g2 then you could damage the phone if you dont do it carefull, you could order an original back cover and change it yourself but the result may not come out good. I recommend to find an good case since that secures your phone and gives your phone maybe a nicer style/feeling in the hands.

GaspRulez

Apr 17, 2014
Rome
I dont think that you can easy find an custom back cover for the G2 international, and if you remove the cover from your g2 then you could damage the phone if you dont do it carefull, you could order an original back cover and change it yourself but the result may not come out good. I recommend to find an good case since that secures your phone and gives your phone maybe a nicer style/feeling in the hands.
Have you got some advice for a good cover? I have seen the official thread but I don't know which cover chose

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
@GaspRulez i cant really give advice since i dont own/not yet the g2. You can buy an cheap tpu case from ebay or you can buy whatever of case you want maybe from big brands i dont know depends on your needs/your style/ your budget. I just buy a tpu case for mine phones because tpu absorbs the drop better then a hardcase and that tpu case is really cheap on ebay, but sending time is maybe long :/1-2 weeks but thats also the reason its cheap. That small investment for a case can save you alot of money and horror if your phone would drop and crack the screen because gorilla glass2 is pretty vulnerable and if that cracks then the g2 digitizer doesnt work anymore.
The old fat gorilla glass1 has been cracked on my lg optimus 2x and it survived so my conclusion is that gorilla glass 1/3 are good and 2 not. Thin is not always better. Sorry for being a bit of topic :)

rogconnect

Dec 16, 2010
Sin City
I'm going to buy the G2, but I really don't like the back cover (or the back body? I don't know hot to call that) it seems too much made with a low quality plastic, do you know if somewhere there are a shop to buy a better back cover? I really need that :(

I got the black Sprint variant......then i brought the white back cover and now i have gold cover.....removing the cover is easy just check some youtube videos. There is red cover too.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53552983

Sent from My LG G2 LS-980 or LG G Pad 7.0 V400

GaspRulez

Apr 17, 2014
Rome
There are any back cover similar with the G2 mini's back cover? It's better than the back cover of the G2