Vibrate

Search This thread

jdommer

Jan 10, 2012
Chicago
This seems an overly obvious question. Does the watch have vibrate? I just got it two days ago, but no setting of vibrate anywhere seems to make it shake. I would think I'd have run across someone else saying something if it lacked the ability...

So, kinda wondering if mine is broken or if I totally missed that it isn't there.

Thanks
jd

flimmyflam

Mar 3, 2014
This seems an overly obvious question. Does the watch have vibrate? I just got it two days ago, but no setting of vibrate anywhere seems to make it shake. I would think I'd have run across someone else saying something if it lacked the ability...

So, kinda wondering if mine is broken or if I totally missed that it isn't there.

Thanks
jd

Mine vibrated yesterday and now it wont vibrate. If you scroll down from the top on your home screen, click the icon in the top right corner, that should bring up your wifi, airplane mode, gps, battery, etc icons. If you scroll down to audio profiles, there is one called meeting that has a picture of a phone vibrating. That should make calls and messages vibrate your phone. You can also manually turn them on because if you go to settings/device/audio profile/settings for general where you can select vibrate plus ring, and if you scroll down there is an option for vibrate on touch. Even though I have both these settings checked, and they used to work, they are no longer working. I tried a factory reset, and that didn't fix it. Now, when I power on my watch, I get a message that says headphones disconnected. It seemed to stop working after I started getting this message, not sure if that is normal or if it has anything to do with it. I will let you know if I figure out a way to get mine vibrating again, but for now it looks like mine could be broken. Can anyone else chime in on this if this has happened to you?

flimmyflam

Mar 3, 2014
Mine vibrated yesterday and now it wont vibrate. If you scroll down from the top on your home screen, click the icon in the top right corner, that should bring up your wifi, airplane mode, gps, battery, etc icons. If you scroll down to audio profiles, there is one called meeting that has a picture of a phone vibrating. That should make calls and messages vibrate your phone. You can also manually turn them on because if you go to settings/device/audio profile/settings for general where you can select vibrate plus ring, and if you scroll down there is an option for vibrate on touch. Even though I have both these settings checked, and they used to work, they are no longer working. I tried a factory reset, and that didn't fix it. Now, when I power on my watch, I get a message that says headphones disconnected. It seemed to stop working after I started getting this message, not sure if that is normal or if it has anything to do with it. I will let you know if I figure out a way to get mine vibrating again, but for now it looks like mine could be broken. Can anyone else chime in on this if this has happened to you?

I cannot get my vibrate to work again, if anyone has experienced this, please reply and let me know how to fix it, for now, i am giving up, and extremely disappointed

mortis2600

Nov 28, 2009

Thanks
jd

It does vibrate. But very few things use that function it seems. I was thinking about setting up a tasker script to vibrate on any notification.

flimmyflam

Mar 3, 2014
It does vibrate. But very few things use that function it seems. I was thinking about setting up a tasker script to vibrate on any notification.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get mine vibrating again? I've done the backup and restore option, is that how you do a proper factory reset, or is there another way I can try to get this thing to start working again?

update: Just flashed 1900_20140120 firmware using the excellent guide on here, and still no vibrate :(

Last edited:

jdommer

Jan 10, 2012
Chicago
Anyone have any ideas on how to get mine vibrating again? I've done the backup and restore option, is that how you do a proper factory reset, or is there another way I can try to get this thing to start working again?

update: Just flashed 1900_20140120 firmware using the excellent guide on here, and still no vibrate :(

Mine started working. Not sure why; I tried to reset to factory and despite following the directions and watching Loki's video, i managed to lock the watch up. Popped the battery, put it back together, wiped the device. Now it vibrates and that is good. Just wish i knew what I had did that fixed it.

Thanks all!
Jd

stanelie

Feb 20, 2008
Mine does not vibrate either, never did.
I tried with the stock firmware, Loki's firmware, stock with enhanced security... no luck...

Thoughts?

Mine started working. Not sure why; I tried to reset to factory and despite following the directions and watching Loki's video, i managed to lock the watch up. Popped the battery, put it back together, wiped the device. Now it vibrates and that is good. Just wish i knew what I had did that fixed it.

Thanks all!
Jd

flimmyflam

Mar 3, 2014
Mine does not vibrate either, never did.
I tried with the stock firmware, Loki's firmware, stock with enhanced security... no luck...

Thoughts?

Mine started vibrating again. I went to take the battery out, but couldn't get the screws off, so I gave up, when I rebooted, all the sudden vibrate worked again. Not sure if it was powering it on and off a few times, or shaking it around, try taking the battery out and putting it back in if you can, if not, just try turning it off and then on and maybe lightly shaking it around

stanelie

Feb 20, 2008
Well,

It looks like a bad electrical contact, I've downloaded an app called "vibrater" that does just what it says, and it won't start the vibrator until I lightly tap the watch on it's side while the app is turning the vibrator on.

But it does not stick. I guess I will have to return the watch to have it fixed...

Until tonight, I thought the TrueSmart just didn't have a vibrator...

amritaansh123

Mar 18, 2014
Vibration doesnt work

Hey, just received my Omate Trusmart! (Kickstarter edition)
Overall I am extremely happy with the watch, but there are a couple of major problems:
1. The vibration doesn't work, I have tried rebooting, factory restore etc but nothing seems to work. Does anyone know a fix to this or is it a hardware problem?
2. My screen has very faint dark spots in the center. Looks like a manufacturing defect.

Is it possible to return the watch to get a replacement? I havent opened the back cover yet.
Thanks.