[Q]Recovery switching

Search This thread

nty123

Feb 9, 2014
xdaforums.com
Thinking about switching my recovery from Twrp 2.7.0.1 to Philz touch. no current cool looking themes for Twrp,so just wanna check out Philz. I do have a couple questions though hopefully someone can answer....

1) Should i restore from my custom rom on Twrp to my stock backup i made before switching Recoveries?

2)when i switch Recoveries, do my backups delete on twrp? i know the backups on twrp won't carry over on philz but, if i do not like philz and decide to go back to twrp will all my backups be there?

3)Am i screwed if the philz recovery fails and something messes up? or will twrp still be there.

Thanks for any help.

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
1) You dont need to be on any certain rom, you just need to fastboot flash what ever recovery you want.

2) Your backuls will still be on your storage untill you delete them.

3) If philz dosent flash right, it may not boot to recovery or you may be left with twrp. But either way you can just fastboot flash back to the twrp you were on before.

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
The Flashify app works great for switching recoveries too. Just remember to check your md5 before you fastboot flash anything. Bad things can happen if you fastboot flash a bad img.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

ccarr313

Dec 18, 2013
Elyria
www.facebook.com
The Flashify app works great for switching recoveries too. Just remember to check your md5 before you fastboot flash anything. Bad things can happen if you fastboot flash a bad img.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I only use fastboot. If your flash fails, just flash it again. Philz is the best, imo. Just put it in fastboot mode then "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" and you are done(where recovery.img is the name of your image file, ijust switch all my current ones to recovery.img when i dump them into my adb folder and erase the old one).