SD card read only error

Search This thread

pig667

Jan 17, 2011
Hi everyone, I'm getting a "SD card read only" error. It also says " card has an unexpected error". It's very strange because I've been using this card for over 1.5 years in my blackberry and worked without a glitch. Also tapping on the notification seems to remount the card. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

UpInTheAir

Account currently disabled
Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
Most likely you'll need to scan & fix errors and or format again to fat32. Do it mounted to pc or put SDcard in memory card reader.

xozzx

Nov 18, 2010
Its a common problem. Ive had it happen a few times now, think adding corrupted video or mp3 files causes it. Thankfully its an easy fix.

As upintheair said, scan and fix errors. If your comp recoginises the sd card when you plug the phone in, you can just right click on the drive - Tools tab - Check now, tick both boxes. This will fix the problem but it will happen again unless you remove the problem file.
If the SD isnt recognised when you plug your phone in, put the sd card in a usb card reader and do the same (they are pennies from ebay or electrical shops)

DasWerschaf

Dec 11, 2010
Another advice I can give is to "safely remove" the SD card, after you're done working with it in windows.

Assume you connect your phone to your Windows PC in harddisk mode.
After you've changed the files on your SD card, locate the "Safely Remove Hardware" button in the Windows task bar, left to the clock.
Click on it and select your Android Phone. This will safely unmount the phone from the Windows OS, thus preventing data corruption on the SD card.

pig667

Jan 17, 2011
First of all thnx for the help ...I did the scan&fix errors and there were some errors that got fixed. :) As I understood from the report the errors were due to corrupted files so my conclusion is that I should've "safely removed" the card. I usually just select the "charge only" mode from the phone after I am done with the "disk drive" mode and only then unplug from pc. So, is this behaviour wrong? Should I just select "safely remove" from pc and then just unplug?

dragonxp

Oct 16, 2007
SDCARD

First of all thnx for the help ...I did the scan&fix errors and there were some errors that got fixed. :) As I understood from the report the errors were due to corrupted files so my conclusion is that I should've "safely removed" the card. I usually just select the "charge only" mode from the phone after I am done with the "disk drive" mode and only then unplug from pc. So, is this behaviour wrong? Should I just select "safely remove" from pc and then just unplug?

htc hd or inspire desire 4g. ninguan sdcard not work and tried different types and nothing, please help

userone912

May 28, 2011
Samsung Galaxy A50

Do both won't kill you. First switch to charge only mode from disk drive mode on your DHD, then do also a Safely Remove Hardware from your PC.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA

ghostofcain

Nov 25, 2009
Birkenhead
Google Pixel 8
htc hd or inspire desire 4g. ninguan sdcard not work and tried different types and nothing, please help

You have either an inspire or DHD, which is it? If I understand correctly you have tried several different sd cards and none work!? Sounds like a hardware issue then and my advice would be return it for a warranty repair.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2