Note 2 wireless charging

Search This thread

SweetPAIN225

Nov 19, 2011
London
Does anyone have any information about a wireless charging option? I mean the s3 was supposed to have it but until now nothing and I fear for the note

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

alfuen00

Jun 29, 2012
Not yet aviable an im sure it will never arrive

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

SweetPAIN225

Nov 19, 2011
London
Can you elaborate please? I mean the only reason I'm asking is for instance the S3 has been announced with it, so I guess the NoTe2 has the aptitude. plus as you can see on the picture there are two vacant connector pins which are quiet similar to the Nfc ones. It should be their purpose no?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1350732279172.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350732279172.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 11,889

Vulpix

Mar 25, 2006
Singapore
We know the S3 was announced with it, but it still isn't available in most of the world. Samsung is being very slow about it, and seeing how the S3 does not have a proper one yet, the Note 2 probably won't see one anytime this century.

Fornowagain

Jul 14, 2010
UK

That's a Palm Pre Touchstone unit, which you can buy for about a fifth of that.

S3 thread on the subject of wireless charging. Did it to my S3, worked fine, just made the standard back bulge a bit with the induction unit was all.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1710089&highlight=wireless

-------------

Check out the QI units > http://www.yijieneng.com/en/Product_detail.asp?productid=766&classid=138

Last edited:
Reactions: paranoid365

damitch300

Dec 18, 2011
Julianadorp
I dont own paypal so i cant get that kit from ebay.
I found out that the Motorola Droid Bionic also has an accessoires with inductive charging.
But i cant find it anywhere.

KB112

Jan 13, 2010
East SF-Bay Area
Since the Note 2 uses a higher mA rate, will the currently available wireless chargers be effective? It worked on the GS3 due to a lower charging rate I assume. I saw posts where people stated they used 1A chargers from prior devices and it hardly charged their Note
2 at all.

Edit - I just realized a few minutes ago, you can use the 2A wall plug from your Note 2 right? Lol

Sent from my shooter using xda premium

Last edited:

SweetPAIN225

Nov 19, 2011
London
I wish there was a way to order those Qi coils! I live in the UK and there is nowhere I can find it in Europe :=(

alsolh

Dec 19, 2006
If the touchstone wireless charger charges at 1amp with its original palm charger, will it charge at 2amp if I connect the galaxy note ii charger to it?

Also wondering if I applied the palm coil to my note ii, will I be able to charge it wirelessly with the 2amp hp touchpad touchstone dock charger?

Mmmmm :confused:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

rj3005

Nov 11, 2009
The touchstone will charge the note 2 from 0 to 100% in about 6 hours. Most likely a different adapter connected to the touchstone won't make any significant difference

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Reactions: pcorlatan

Alex Atkin UK

Jan 4, 2007
So does this confirm then that the panel on the back of the Note II is ONLY the NFC antenna not a combined NFC and induction charging panel, as some people are claiming?

I did wonder what the other two connectors were all about, now it seems clear THEY are where the induction coil will attach if you have the official kit.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Looks like official Samsung Qi is just around the corner:
    http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/11/samsung-qi-charger-fcc/
    Some sources say it has cleared the FCC, so it should be released "very soon"
    http://www.slashgear.com/samsung-wi...-fcc-but-will-the-galaxy-s4-need-it-11268791/

outside-2-1360576896.jpg

From the ruler it is about 8 cm wide, which is wider than galaxy note 2. So I assume it fits.

outside-5.jpg

outside-3.jpg

inside-2.jpg

inside-4.jpg

inside-6.jpg

But again, it's Samsung, which means it may still take ages. Still staring at my note 10.1 without official jelly bean update.....
    I've posted a thread about doing the wireless charging mod for the galaxy note 2, its very simple will take you less then 10 minutes to do and its very cheap costing me under £10.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1951493
    Was that post above confirmation about wireless charging built into the note 2? Strongly considering one if it had the same charging posts as the s3

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Yes the note2 has wireless charging.
    You just need the unit.
    This just shows that you are not very observant to go along with other faults. All that's really going on is I think about what I talk about and therefor don't tend to make unfounded logical leaps, and tend to see when others do. Such as yourself thinking that it makes the slightest bit of sense to say "wireless charging is dumb" to a thread specifically dedicated to and populated by those interested in wireless charging.

If you want to disagree with me, just be right, that's all. Or make sure it's something subjective that has no right or wrong where any opinion is equal however ignorant.

Ahh you are observant after all!

Must be some other defect then.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

I simply cannot plug in the USB cable at 2am in the morning, lights off and all I wanted is to sleep.

Of course, I can go turn on the lights at the door, re-energize myself right before sleep, plug in the USB, walk to the door again, turn off the light, then drop into bed. However, I find that not just inconvenient, but rather annoying, and I generally get pissed off about taking 2 minutes to plug in a USB when I am exhausted.

There are many people who NEED this feature, and that's why we are here. If no one needs it, none of the engineers (in Google, Sammy, LG, RIM) would even bother wasting time and money on integrating it. And Seriously, the USB cable is RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX, you think we haven't even considered using the USB cable? Whatever reason we need it, we weighted the benefit and decided to use it. You jump in here, without knowing why WE wanted it, and just assume we are same as you who could easily plug in a USB cable under whatever situation. I find that rather offensive.
    Here's the update. ..

The sprint note 2 supports wireless charging. ..

Temporarily wired the pixi charging coil to the wireless charging points and placed it on the palm touchstone. ..

Wireless charging notification popped up and started charging. ..

Looked at ordering a case with the charging points exposed, but says wholesale only... I don't need 20..

Think I'm going to cut up my case and replace it when I can find a replacement. .

Going to attach pins tomorrow and will post pictures if it looks decent. .

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app