LG Op One Charger?

Search This thread

cyanide911

Jun 28, 2009
So I broke my Optimus One LG original charger, and I can't find an original LG charger anywhere! I've gone through two local chargers, but they don't last more than two weeks with me.

Would another company's phone's Micro USB charger be alright for my phone? Any specific company or phone which would best suit the Optimus One?

I'm asking because I used to think all Micro USB chargers are the same, but the local ones used to screw my touchscreen up if they were plugged into my phone for 30 mins or so.

gedster314

Sep 7, 2007
Oxnard, Ca
A generic USB charger is fine. The way the phone is wired in side determines if it is going to pull 3volts or 5 volts from the usb charger. If you were trying to charge an Ipad then you need to find a high output charger. I've been using my HTC usb charger and Ipad charger on my OP and it has been charging fine.

That's the beauty of Europe mandating phones have the micro usb chargers. No Vasaline required when you need to buy a new charger and cable.:D

istoner

Jun 9, 2011
Androids are sensitive to chargers, but any half decent MicroUSB charger should see you through. (The roadside ones don't qualify as half decent ofc :) )

I carry my Kindle charger usually since it's very compact and many Indian buildings have moved to sockets that take both Indian and American plugs, and it works fine with the phone.

joeyxl

Apr 29, 2008
Newmarket
Im just using a moto cable and a blue ant wall plug, now It charges fine, but I used my friends microusb bb charger, and it pumps out more power. Are there cables wired diffrently?
Sent From My P-509 With Xda Premium App

crashff

Dec 8, 2010
blackberry chargers and moto chargers have the data pins shorted in the charger themselves. This is because they have have high speed/low speed charging detection system (as do most android phones now).

If the data pins are shorted, the charging rate is up to 1000ma, without the data pins shorted, many phones limit the charging rate to 500ma. This is to keep the phone from shorting out USB ports on computers by drawing too much power through them. The wall adapters that require separate USB cables don't always have that, or they limit the power output to about 750ma. The dozen or so smartphones in my office require about 700ma to operate, so the effective charge rate is +50ma, which takes FOREVER to charge.

I took an old 5v 1200ma wall wart from a router and cut the end off and soldered on a USB connecter (with the data pins shorted) now I can plug use those multi-plug extendable USB cables for charging any kind of phone just by putting in the right adapter tip. My P509TN will charge from dead to 100% in just over an hour.

sergiuz

May 14, 2012
connector charger jack broken

I don't think this is the perfect post, but I don't find anything else...

I've broke my connector charge jack...any idea how I can charge my phone?!(lg Optimus One)

jayc137

Sep 5, 2012
Mumbai
I don't think this is the perfect post, but I don't find anything else...

I've broke my connector charge jack...any idea how I can charge my phone?!(lg Optimus One)

There are universal battery chargers which take the battery directly
Search for those on eBay or maybe local shops..

Sent from my GT-I9082 using xda premium

chalo99

Oct 5, 2013
I have the LG original charger, but everynight I use a Samsung charger near my bed, because it has the wire longer, but you can't separate it to do a usb wire. Anyway I only use it for charging in the night. I think every charger that fit your jack is fine. Like everything in this world, if it fits, then it's ok.

Top Liked Posts