Farewell DX2 community! HTC Dinc2, Here I come!!! :D + Tips to score a new phone!

Search This thread

dets34

May 2, 2012
Detroit
Sorry to here that. That guys was a jerk and had no right to snub you! He must have had a bad day, probably or is just that way, in which case I doubt he's gonna stay any longer... who knows, might have been fired or was his last day! Anyway, you needn't wait till tomorrow, go ahead today itself. Play a little game I like to call the Call Center Roulette! Got a bad guy? Hang up and call again! Repeat till you hit success!!! :D:p

redialing as i type this ahaha:p

Elite49

Jul 5, 2011
Haven't been to these forums in awhile. Sad to see people are still here especially after no ICS and no more updates. OH well, only a little more till June when hopefully SGS3 comes out. Phone looks awesome, and I usually don't say that about electronics.

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Update: Got my first replacement today, activated it and waited a few hours. Just got off the phone and they let me do an early upgrade(only been 11 months!) to a GNEX(!!!) after I complained. It's on its way but the damn $30 extra upgrade fee made it come out to $250 after tax. What do you guys think, good deal?

Awesome name

I think that may be overpriced only for the fact is that soon their going to drop that price again. Probably $100 next month, since a lot of their phones are going down due to SGS3 coming out soon. At least thats what it looks like with the price drops. I myself was going to get a REzound or Nexus but decided to wait. That was sometime in April.

ltkenbo

May 13, 2012
No one has posted in a while but thought I would throw my 2¢ in. I call verizon and complained about my second replacement x2, they offered me other devices (none of which sounded good) so I asked about the incredible 2 and they said yes that was also an option. So they mailed me out one plus accessories. I missed the delivery today since I was at work so I had to drive 20 miles away to go pick it up at the FedEx hub downtown. Upon opening the box I find that verizon in all their intelligence sent me another droid x2 :mad: Yet the second box contained the accessories for the incredible 2 :rolleyes:

Anyways so I should get the correct phone hopefully now on Thursday.

Citizen_Snips

Apr 23, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Google Pixel Watch 2
Yeah man, thanks! Before this was bumped I actually used it today! I asked for a Dinc2 and they said that was not possible. No Incredible 2 for me. :( Oh well. They did however send me a Samsung Stratosphere without having having to upgrade. Don't know how I got a 4G model but i did! Thanks :)

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda app-developers app

Triscuit

Jun 11, 2010
Bonita Springs, FL
You know what is hilarious? That when I called the other day and requested a Inc2 as well and at first they said no they didn't have any. Then.....I notified the rep that I had seen a new special on their website for Inc2 and they DID say ANY 3G phone online. So I kinda caught them in a double lie and now one day later I'm writing this from my new Inc2 lmao silly Verizon.

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda app-developers app

Citizen_Snips

Apr 23, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Google Pixel Watch 2
Haha nice. What happened to me was I actually had a rep and about 10 seconds before we got disconnected he said *I have a device I am going to offer you, it's an HTC but we'll talk about that more when you dial *228 an- CLICK. :(:(:(:(

Called back and asked if the new rep could transfer back to him....nope. *sigh*

Neither offered me any 3G device off the website :( it's pretty sweet too. No plan upgrade required, phone's free, all accessories included and free shipping. Too bad it isn't overnight. I'm going to go crazy waiting for this new phone lol

She told me that she enters my device onto her computer (droidx2) and it pops up and tells her that they no longer offer the droid x2 as a warranty replacement anymore. Then it tells her what model vzw is offering to replace it with. At first she just said I am showing 1 model available and it's a samsung. She told me it was the fascinate...a moment or two later she actually corrected herself and said "Oh I'm sorry its not the fascinate it's a the stratosphere " then she told me something the members of rootzwiki who own it dont even seem to know yet ;)

I forget how I ended up getting a 4g instead lol....long day. Hours of tech support. So many reps. It's all a blur now haha.

Last edited:

ltkenbo

May 13, 2012
So verizon finally sent me the new phone, but guess what, the MEID was listed as a lost/stolen device (wtf?!?!?!). Anyways I'm on the phone with a tech guy now...

ltkenbo

May 13, 2012
Lol heard. It works now, whatever.

So this phone has a sim card slot too? Is it dual radio then? I guess it is possible to unlock the gsm?

Triscuit

Jun 11, 2010
Bonita Springs, FL
Lol heard. It works now, whatever.

So this phone has a sim card slot too? Is it dual radio then? I guess it is possible to unlock the gsm?

Yea, when I got mine, I was actually surprized to see it had a sim card, I guess it's a process BUT it can be used for GSM or CDMA. It just has to be unlocked for it to work. BTW I LOVE this Inc2, I had some issues with S-OFF but after I got that all set, it's smoooooooth sailing.

densetsu86

Aug 19, 2011
Well i mentioned in another thread but i will say it here as well, i just scored a dinc2. Im hoping it will crush my dx2.

It was a dinc2 it of a hassle cause the i had to call them twice because the first rep i had was a retard. She tells me my phones out of warrenty and i told her "um no its not, everytime its replaced the replacement has a 90 day warrenty" she goes like "let me check on that" she put me on hold and then i hung up. I didn't want to deal with that. So the next person i get sends me to someone else who happily gave me a dinc2. And now im more then happy.

Triscuit

Jun 11, 2010
Bonita Springs, FL
Well i mentioned in another thread but i will say it here as well, i just scored a dinc2. Im hoping it will crush my dx2.

It was a dinc2 it of a hassle cause the i had to call them twice because the first rep i had was a retard. She tells me my phones out of warrenty and i told her "um no its not, everytime its replaced the replacement has a 90 day warrenty" she goes like "let me check on that" she put me on hold and then i hung up. I didn't want to deal with that. So the next person i get sends me to someone else who happily gave me a dinc2. And now im more then happy.

You're gonna like the Inc2, I went from the X2 to it and once you get S-Off which is a hassle lol its lights out from there. CPU-wise the X2 crushes it but that's about it. I have my Inc2 clocked at a little over 1.4Ghz right now with good battery life. Running AOKP ICS :)

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Statutory Warning : This post is SUPER long! May cause delusions, dehydration, rage towards Motorola and/or VZW or depression! For those who can't withstand this post, skip to the end for a one line summary.

So it has been over 8, dreadful and painful months with the DX2. And to dull this pain, I had you guys to follow and read up on. Great devs and their ROMs, Pepperm1nt, Nitro, the_guy_who_made_liberty (Oops, I dunno the name of the guy), Ryman222 for his Molten (which incidentally was my first ROM) and then comes mastafunk, aceoyame and the one and only Dragonzkiller!!! He was THE guy who let me have hope over the last few months (of course, with respect to my phone! If he was the sole reason I'd have hope in my life over the last few months then something is SERIOUSLY wrong with me... :p).

There are many others like Moonshadow, TransX2, TravisdroidX2, iBolski (who was the inspiration for my BBB Moto attack), gaad0701, antp121 , Sandso9, ashclepdia(OMG! How did I forget you!:eek:) ad infinitum! All of you guys helped me have fun around in these forums and gave me numerous thanks as well. I am very grateful to you and will definitely miss you when I leave. So I'll still pop in every now and then so that I don't completely miss you guys!

Anyway, coming to the actual news! I got a Droid Incredible 2, currently being shipped by VZW with a back plate and a battery as well! Swell! Here is how this happened.

Over the last 1-2 weeks, I got very active in pursuing my Moto and VZW complaints. So, many phone calls, emails and chats have been exchanged. But in short, nothing significant emerged. Then I heard people complaining to VZW and getting a call from an engineer and being offered a Gnex!!! :eek::eek::eek: Naturally, I was jealous, but also inspired and motivated to attack VZW to score a new phone.

I got a call from VZW in response to my online complaint. I seized this opportunity to get in touch with a Tech support rep and elaborated and bemoaned about my phone's countless issues. She was sympathetic and TRIED to check if I could possibly get a different phone. Unfortunately I couldn't. BUT she said something that intrigued me! She said that I did not hit the threshold that would make me eligible to getting a different phone. I was told that I needed to order ONE more DX2 replacement device before I can get a different phone. You see, I only ordered one replacement so far. So I hatched a plan.

I ordered a second replacement DX2 (making it the third DX2 I had, the first being the one I purchased and the second and third being the replacements). I ordered it yesterday and I received it today.

Then, I didn't waste anytime tinkering and checking this phone. Instead I activated it and immediately called VZW claiming that this phone had all the issues my previous 2 phones had as well. They lied to you (Moto and VZW) so why not you lie as well! :p :D I told them I was not happy and that I was sure that getting another DX2 as a replacement will not help either as it seems to be an issue with all Droid X2's. I added that I was told if I had issues with this phone too, then they may be able to offer me a different model. She looked into it and said, YES, they can offer me a different model!!! :D :D :D Huzzah! Success, finally!

I went through the process and was told that I can have either the HTC Dinc2, the Motorola Droid 3 or the older Samsung Fascinate. Samsung fascinate!? Bleh! :eek: No thank you! Droid 3!!!??? :eek::eek::eek: Are you ****ing serious!!!??? It is like from one hell to another!!! :p :D Not only does it have a locked Bootloader, but it is not even confirmed to get ICS as of now! Plus, I will not go for Droid 3, purely on moral and ethical grounds. I will NOT be doing business with a company that plainly doesn't give a **** about its customers, like Motorola!

On the other hand, HTC has unlocked the Bootloader for the Dinc2 AND it has added Dinc2 to its ICS upgrade list!!! :eek::eek::eek: :D :D. Plus as per XDA forums, Dinc2 has LOADS of ICS ROMs. Now that is my sort of company!

So sign me up for a HTC Droid Incredible 2 I said to the customer care rep. And she did.

To others wanting to ditch this phone and get a new one like me, the following are some tips and tricks.

1. Complain to VZW. CALL Tech Support: 866-221-4096.Tell them all the faults of your phone you can think of. Refer to this list if you need help : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24528918&postcount=12

2. Tell them that you checked online forums and it appears that ALL DX2's have this problem. So, request them to give you a different device.

3. Now, if you had one or less replacements so far, you MAY not receive a different device. Still, try your best to push for it by stating the systematic issues with it and claiming that ALL DX2's have it. No harm in trying. If not, do what I did and order a replacement DX2 first. It won't cost you anything and you can order another replacement the very next day once you receive this one.

4. After you crossed the threshold of 2 or more replacements, repeat Step 1 and 2. Clearly mention that you have talked to a customer rep previously and that they told you that if you are still facing problems with the device, and if you have had significant replacements (the magic number is 2) then you can be considered/will be eligible to get a different device. Even though this may not have happened, the fact is true and I can confirm it. So, no harm in claiming that you were told as such. Repeat that you are sure and 100% positive that the problem won't be solved by a replacement DX2 and that you really want a different device.

5. After the VZW rep agrees, which I believe he/she will and should, go through your replacement options, choose the device you like best and proceed with ordering it as a replacement. Thank your lucky stars you reached this step. Go to your favorite church/temple/mosque/other spiritual place and pray/donate/do social or community service if you got REAL lucky and got a Gnex or may be even a Razr (though it is Craparola's Razr!!!)

6. Once your device arrives at home, close your eyes and return Craparola's DX2.

7. Profit! :D :D :D :p :) Sit back, relax and enjoy your new phone and the new found freedom it provides you!!!

The end!

Once again, I am glad I made SO many friends in this community. I am grateful for the entertainment, fun and thanks you guys gave me! I will pop in regularly and check up if Moto did anything right OR if you guys got CM9/ICS via DZK, some other dev or Moto!!! :eek::eek::eek:

May you survive this ****storm and hopefully emerge victorious by making Moto do what you want or be bailed out, like me, via VZW!

Cheers!!! :D:D:D :cool::cool::cool:

TL;DR? Well read this: Pained by Motorola and its DX2, I got bailed by VZW. Got myself a HTC Droid Incredible 2, yippee and Woohoo!

No need. The ICS ROM is pre-rooted and has superuser on it. I am not sure of other ROMs but I feel why won't they be rooted... Anyway, we have permanent CWM thanks to S-off and all other stuff, so if a ROM is not rooted (unlikely) just install a su zip. I saw it once in some sticky..

@T3CH9ICIAN: D3 has an ICS ROM. It also has more RAM so that is a plus. I think it is decent and most importantly, it is NOT tegra 2 but Qualcomm processor so that should probably help too. I am not a big fan of Tegra anymore (though I have the Transformer Prime with Tegra 3)... I feel Qualcomm makes better chips. Waiting to see what Snapdragon 4 does...
    I will be doing this on Tuesday when my replacement comes. I think I was too nice to them when I yelled at them on Thursday.

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

Make sure you threaten to punch them in the throat
    That ALWAYS works
    I mean who wants to get punched in the throat?? That **** hurts and then u can't breathe on top of it.
    (Kidding, but it would be pretty funny if that's all we had to do lmfao)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    Happy HappY Clap Clap :D:D:D:D:D
    Congrats, and farewell

I warranty alternatived my X2 in June to the Inc 2(toooo small, and battery was poor) then called up one night after HTC/Verizon's push of 2.3.3 to the Inc2 and it removed the alarm clock from the phone, I was just calling for a simple fix, nothing more...LOL...REALLY ;)
    The PTA (tier 2 rep) said "how about a Droid Charge?", I said I'm sorry I cant afford a $299.99 upgrade right now, he said "No, for free" I accepted and the rep remarked my account so I could go to a store of my location to set up the LTE account, I did so, and at my VZW store they did the account and handed me a brand new Droid Charge, which I was amazed at.
    The PTA did say, "well, you've been a customer since 2001, never missed a payment and we value that, to ensure our customers are happily satisfied!!!"

I thought the dude was drunk for sure, maybe a dinner conference and one to many drinks...IDK

But, after calling 3 more times about that phone I went back to the X2, 4G is wicked fast, but the phone didnt keep up, so after a back and a battery they sent me another X2. It's been 3 more replacements since that Charge to X2 transactions, I spent 2 hours a week ago pleading with them offering money for a Bionic over a Droid 3(which had been pulled from VZW after 3 months of sales) and the Inc 2 although snappy and nice, was just to small for me.... I'm getting up there in age and my eyes love the larger screens , so my next option in calling VZW back is def getting my Upgrade, not another Warranty Replacement Alternative... VZW says "We cannot replace a 3G device with 4G device, which is fu__ing BS, I then say "Look at my remarks around July, YOU and OR YOUR EMPLOYER VZW gave me one, so stop pissing me off with your "policies" LOL

Best of luck to ya man, enjoy your phone.

PS next time have them remark ur account that you are entitled to a replacment alternative and go to your VZW store then tell them ur account is remarked, they will give you the phone, and no mailing ;)

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Question, I take it your not a fan of Moto? Seems that way with your Avatar
    ;):D;):D;):D

bahaha yeah when i get my reZound tomorrow ill record me smashing my dx2 against a wall :D
    after much *****ing and crying to VZW, the lady offered me an early upgrade. not much to be excited for bc my contract was up june 18 but this weekend... the rezound is 50$. ordered and on its way! i told her all my problems with the phone, she asked her supervisor if i could get a different replacement. after she said no, (never had a replacement before) i asked if i could get an early upgrade. she said she had to ask her supervisor and 15 mins later she said i could! i then asked of i could have a free rezound she said no :( but i decided to spring because, well, I HATE THIS PHONE :mad: !! should be here by Tuesday if all goes well AND... i have off this week so a LOT of time to tinker. 50 bucks for one of the best vzw phones NOT made by CRAPorola? sign me up anyday. i guess this is goodbye dx2 family :eek: thanks to all the great devs we have (DZK, Ace, Nitro) the modders (motcher, MoonShadow, skwoodwiva) the themers (hedwig :D) and the all around good people in this forum (Ash, Litetaker, BreatheALittle) ill pop back in every once in a while just to see if moto shapes up :) Good Luck in all your endeavors and hope you all are able to move past this phone :D

PS: Breathe i hope you do get the Rezound, that way we can fight, i mean share our passion for hockey some more lol

Good for you mate! I couldn't have gotten an early upgrade as my upgrade is April next year! Will thank you tomorrow as I ran out of thanks for today!