[Root][TWRP][FREEBOOT]Kindle Fire Utility 2 v0.2A (25/3/2012)

Search This thread

Jared631

Apr 4, 2012
Bothell, WA
Kindle Fire Utility 2
Bringing Root and Recovery to the End-Users

Code:
rem Disclaimer  
echo ------------------------------------  
echo *   
echo * include std_disclaimer  
echo *  
echo * Your warranty is now void.  
echo *  
echo * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,  
echo * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please  
echo * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this Utility  
echo * before using it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if  
echo * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.  
echo *  

NOTE: THIS IS EXTREMELY ALPHA
PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T USE THIS IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING, IF YOUR BRICKED, I CANNOT HELP.

While this is called, and titles after the well-known 'Kindle Fire Utility" It's code is not based off of it at all, infact it's almost completely different.
This one does, however, require your connected to the internet. The purpose is to Install Root via Bin4ry's method, Install TWRP, and FreedomBoot. I've always loved Soupkit, and great job to Soupmagnet on that, but I feel like Windows shouldn't have been left out, thus this was made.

At the moment this is under HEAVY development, and currently barely works, if it all, mostly due to my lack of being unable to test it.
I, however, still trying my best at creating this for you guys.

No Build will be posted untill I get this into Beta Stages, till then watch my github

GITHUB: https://github.com/Jared631/kinde-fire-utility-2/

CREDIT
- Hashcode [TWRP, Freedomboot, and Stack]
- FMKILO [Original Freedomboot, and TWRP script]
- VashyPooh [This guy's code LITERALLY taught me most of my batch coding, and I then expanded]​

Any Suggestions, bug reports, tips, and etc are GREATLY accepted, and encouraged. Also, help on the script itself, PM me if you'd like to help.

Last edited:

Jared631

Apr 4, 2012
Bothell, WA
Changelog/Screenshots

CHANGELOG:

V0.2A - KFU2.bat tweaked a bit, better script calling.
V0.1A - Base Build

SCREENSHOTS:

Called with kfu2 --help
help.png

Called with kfu2 --install-drivers
drivers.png

'GUI' Frontend, Initializing Downloading Settings config, that contains latest URLS.
Init.png

'GUI' Menu, Which is being Better Developed.
menu.png

Last edited:

blively2

Jan 16, 2011
CHANGELOG:

V0.1A - Base Build

SCREENSHOTS:

Called with kfu2 --help
m7OxNHDCmp-dC-PzqYZsPL-k2dfQdXzopEfEe-_nzW4

muahugQU_jB3zBFAndkfqwT0yOJLdXlFQ9PKSlLGDoI

'GUI' Frontend, Initializing Downloading Settings config, that contains latest URLS.
nH6bl1w03Pbpzknl62Abzv-R8Zm8OvRcOx_19gdp9YA

4-6gtU_2o2YnPNXnSn4DLseSMX1Y_0l1ue94P2O9_5Q

Any new progress? ;)

Reactions: matb321

Jared631

Apr 4, 2012
Bothell, WA
Update, eol.

I recently noticed that the thread by FMKillio has been pretty much destroyed, mostly due too a major bug in his script. If it never updated, then we're fine. If it did, then this project will fo eol. 1. I don't have the time to work on this, 2. Because I don't own the device. Nobody was willing to test this, and the people who were never got back to me.

If you have the latest version of that, please PM me a link too it. I need too examine the code, before declaring this either; EOL, or On Hiatus 'till testers available.

mindmajick

Account currently disabled
I recently noticed that the thread by FMKillio has been pretty much destroyed, mostly due too a major bug in his script. If it never updated, then we're fine. If it did, then this project will fo eol. 1. I don't have the time to work on this, 2. Because I don't own the device. Nobody was willing to test this, and the people who were never got back to me.

If you have the latest version of that, please PM me a link too it. I need too examine the code, before declaring this either; EOL, or On Hiatus 'till testers available.

There was never an issue with the script despite the fact that you had a major part in shutting the thread down. The issue was with the bootloader being updated...

I used the apk version of the script many many times without ever having an issue but I also was aware of every change and update or device has received.

I also remember how you made such a big deal about how you could do better and haven't seen any results. That being said, I'm not here to berate you... Here is the link to the apk. Inside you will find the script.

http://d-h.st/n7L

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Jared631

Apr 4, 2012
Bothell, WA
There was never an issue with the script despite the fact that you had a major part in shutting the thread down. The issue was with the bootloader being updated...

I used the apk version of the script many many times without ever having an issue but I also was aware of every change and update or device has received.

I also remember how you made such a big deal about how you could do better and haven't seen any results. That being said, I'm not here to berate you... Here is the link to the apk. Inside you will find the script.

http://d-h.st/n7L

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I rewrote it... It's on the github https://github.com/RainbowDashDC/kinde-fire-utility-2/blob/auto-free-twrp-source/runme.bat I gave him it, but he never got back to me or uploaded the fix. Regardless, thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Kindle Fire Utility 2
    Bringing Root and Recovery to the End-Users

Code:
    rem Disclaimer  
    echo *   
    echo * include std_disclaimer  
    echo *  
    echo * Your warranty is now void.  
    echo *  
    echo * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,  
    echo * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please  
    echo * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this Utility  
    echo * before using it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if  
    echo * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.  
    echo *  

NOTE: THIS IS EXTREMELY ALPHA
    PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T USE THIS IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING, IF YOUR BRICKED, I CANNOT HELP.

While this is called, and titles after the well-known 'Kindle Fire Utility" It's code is not based off of it at all, infact it's almost completely different.
    This one does, however, require your connected to the internet. The purpose is to Install Root via Bin4ry's method, Install TWRP, and FreedomBoot. I've always loved Soupkit, and great job to Soupmagnet on that, but I feel like Windows shouldn't have been left out, thus this was made.

At the moment this is under HEAVY development, and currently barely works, if it all, mostly due to my lack of being unable to test it.
    I, however, still trying my best at creating this for you guys.

No Build will be posted untill I get this into Beta Stages, till then watch my github

GITHUB: https://github.com/Jared631/kinde-fire-utility-2/

CREDIT
    - Hashcode [TWRP, Freedomboot, and Stack]
    - FMKILO [Original Freedomboot, and TWRP script]
    - VashyPooh [This guy's code LITERALLY taught me most of my batch coding, and I then expanded]​

Any Suggestions, bug reports, tips, and etc are GREATLY accepted, and encouraged. Also, help on the script itself, PM me if you'd like to help.
    Changelog/Screenshots

CHANGELOG:

V0.1A - Base Build

SCREENSHOTS:

Called with kfu2 --help
    help.png

drivers.png

Init.png

menu.png
    Tester

I was contacted by a certain person who is going to test this for me, so development open again. Check the github for some recent changes.
    So, quick status report.

The Utility should be fine, It went through testing ok. Although, there is issues with the drivers. (Thanks, Windows.) I should be able to put this into Beta really soon.

Not much due to the fact my ISP currently hates me, and am still lacking testing of it itself. Hopefully I'll get this released by the end of the week after this one.