Phone now has no OS!

Search This thread

jamesbond_28_007

Jul 18, 2008
London
Had LG G2 2 hours :)

Rooted, TWRP installed. Downloaded new ROM and copied to storage (whilst phone was running). Booted in to recovery wiped Rom (stupidly) then went to install new Rom which is not there. So I have no OS...

Unless it's in a weird directory I need to copy it across again however Mount under TWRP settings does not bring up windows explorer to allow me to copy it again (USB Drivers all installed I thought after root process). Had it got an SD card slot I could have burnt it to that in my PC and then put it in the phone.

Any ideas please :)

bender_007

Dec 6, 2010
Zagreb
Google Pixel 4
Had LG G2 2 hours :)

Rooted, TWRP installed. Downloaded new ROM and copied to storage (whilst phone was running). Booted in to recovery wiped Rom (stupidly) then went to install new Rom which is not there. So I have no OS...

Unless it's in a weird directory I need to copy it across again however Mount under TWRP settings does not bring up windows explorer to allow me to copy it again (USB Drivers all installed I thought after root process). Had it got an SD card slot I could have burnt it to that in my PC and then put it in the phone.

Any ideas please :)

"adb sideload" -> please type into the searchbox. Would help you a little more but busy currently. however this will help you.

ckyy

May 16, 2013
Yes nightmare. And ADB doesnt look for the faint hearted either. is there no way of mounting in TWRP?

I wouldn't bother trying to get it to work. Sideloading is way faster.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588979
1. Download and install it. Put the rom inside ADB folder. Put twrp in sideload mode.
2. Open your adb folder and shift-right click. Select open command propt here.
3. This is what you type in your CMD -> adb sideload flash.zip (flash.zip is obviously replaced by your rom name).

jamesbond_28_007

Jul 18, 2008
London
I wouldn't bother trying to get it to work. Sideloading is way faster.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588979
1. Download and install it. Put the rom inside ADB folder. Put twrp in sideload mode.
2. Open your adb folder and shift-right click. Select open command propt here.
3. This is what you type in your CMD -> adb sideload flash.zip (flash.zip is obviously replaced by your rom name).

Thanks. 'device not found'...