*need assistance*

Search This thread

ZEDEK

Apr 24, 2008
PHILLY
Peace ALL,

Hopefully the development in this forum is not dead. I have a problem: My View will not boot-->it gets to the white HTC screen, then will shut off then go back to the white HTC screen. Ive contacted HTC, which will do a repair, but this will be the 2nd time I have sent it to HTC (of no fault of my own---meaning I didnt incorrectly try to root or apply a mod)
BACKGROUND
I bought my View off Amazon (Big mistake, I know). It originally had a charging problem so I sent it to HTC and they fixed it. When they sent it back they put HC on it---> which I didnt like. So I unlocked the bootloader thru HTC's website and followed Globatron's method of down-grading to GB. It worked and everything was fine. That was 3 months ago and I use my View everyday--mostly as an E-reader. Flash forward to 2 days ago. All of a sudden after downloading TubeMate & IceFilms on my View it started acting crazy. So I rebooted it--thistime however it would not proceed from the white HTC screen mentioned above. Thinking that I had bricked my View I was able to boot into FastBoot Mode, however when I tried to go into recovery I got a screen with a phone and red triangle. I followed the directions on this site: http://androidadvices.com/fix-soft-brick-htc-view-evo-4g-ota-firmware-update/ and the recovery was copied to my View---but I still cant get into it.
can someone link me to a thread that might be of assistance in trying to get my View back on its feet? I dont want to send it to HTC.--I am :
*HBOOT 1.13.0000
*S-ON

Any help would be greatly appreciated

mcord11758

Sep 6, 2010
You have s on. I do not have a view but you would need s off to flash recovery

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using xda premium

ZEDEK

Apr 24, 2008
PHILLY
Try a factory reset in fastboot

I did...it didnt work---but I'm just wondering--I just pulled out the SD card to check its contents and found that there is no CWM on it---so I placed a copy on the root of SD card. Do you think I should proceed as though I was flashing a custom ROM?--Since most ROM's are for ROOT only--> should I just go ahead and ROOT device?

ZEDEK

Apr 24, 2008
PHILLY
...Geez...This is depressing---Im literally STUCK. Its crazy tho cause I can get to the FastBoot menu

n7of9

Mar 19, 2011
Sydney
this forum isn't dead, there just aren't 1000 people who post every 5 minutes...someone will be able to help you, and if not in this thread, give a nudge to Globatron in his thread...there are still helpful people around (sorry i can't help)

ZEDEK

Apr 24, 2008
PHILLY
this forum isn't dead, there just aren't 1000 people who post every 5 minutes...someone will be able to help you, and if not in this thread, give a nudge to Globatron in his thread...there are still helpful people around (sorry i can't help)

I hope someone will be able to help me too---in the meantime I am goin to be looking to buy another View (cause i already know once I send this View into HTC they will put HC on it and I dont feel like going thru the long process of downgrading back to GB--> I'd rather spend $300 then go thru that again)

ZEDEK

Apr 24, 2008
PHILLY
Well...I'm getting into HBoot and I'm able to get into FastBoot.. I just can't use any of the actions in FastBoot.. like recovery or factory reset

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

mcord11758

Sep 6, 2010
try to get into fastboot then run the RUU for stock gingerbread (assuming you are on gb) and hopefully that fixes it

ZEDEK

Apr 24, 2008
PHILLY
Hmmm...Globatron did a thread on downgrading HC to GB (for S-on) and I tried to use that particular RUU. My PC and Tablet 'acted' like it was goin to take but after 20 mins and my Tablet screen not goin thru the normal changes I unhooked USB. For some reason I believe there is a step I'm missing in order to make the RUU take.
*ADVISE PLEASE*

mcord11758

Sep 6, 2010
Do you have the stock ruu for gingerbread

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using xda premium

ZEDEK

Apr 24, 2008
PHILLY
Do you have the stock ruu for gingerbread

Yes--> the stock RUU that Globatron used in the procedure to downgrade from HC to GB. The only thing is its not working when I try to flash it via FastBoot. Again for some reason something is blocking my phone from accepting it.. it could be that prior to my View acting up I didn't (most likely have USB debugging activated)...hence the reason my phone is not takin RUU

mcord11758

Sep 6, 2010
I am at a lose.

So you had a non rooted s on gb base without USB debugging enabled. It won't boot and won't allow you to factory reset.

I got nothing

ZEDEK

Apr 24, 2008
PHILLY
I am at a lose.

So you had a non rooted s on gb base without USB debugging enabled. It won't boot and won't allow you to factory reset.

I got nothing

*WOW*...I guess its dead then--QUESTION: Above, in my opening post I had stated that initially there was a problem with the View that I had purchased off of Amazon so I had to send it in. When they sent it back it had HC on it, so I had to follow this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1414137 to get back to GB. To my understanding, that procedure was NOT for ROOTED devices (hence why I have S-ON)--however to do the procedure i had to use CWM (which I thought was only for ROOTED devices). Do you think the procedure that Globatron used was a TEMP-ROOT of some sort to get the device back to stock GB?

Top Liked Posts