Slimport Resolution/Density Question

Search This thread

jerkyxi3

Jan 30, 2008
I connected my phone to an older monitor via slimport->hdmi->dvi. works great except the native resolution for the monitor is 1680x1050. so the image is scaled small on screen. I was able to change resolution via console "wm size" command so that it now fills the screen and changed the density so text is the appropriate size, but the notification bar, nav bar, and mouse pointer are huge taking up tons of real estate.

Wanted to know if anyone has a suggestion of an app that will make things fit better when i connect to the monitor and easily revert once I disconnect. I really like being able to use my phone as a mini computer that I can connect whenever I want.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
You can change the density of apps individually using xposed + "app settings" module. So you could lower the density further on systemui for example.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

dave2metz

Oct 10, 2010
Clearwater, Florida
I bought the official SlimPort a couple months ago and it works great. As far as the picture fitting better, I use MX Player for all video. It has a ton of options for display size and other tweaks. Using a monitor is probably why you are having issues with display size. I have 1 newer HDTV and a 5 year old HDTV. I get 1080p with my SlimPort & MX Player. Does it have the same display issues on a TV?

NEXUS 5

jerkyxi3

Jan 30, 2008
Yeah works great on my TV but I have it connected to a monitor because I use it for homework and random emailing with a Bluetooth most and keyboard.

My ideal situation would be that when I connect it to the slimport it would automatically switch resolution and DPI to kind of a desktop mode.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Finnray

Apr 12, 2007
I agree, using the Nexus as a substitute for a computer like you describe is something I definitely would like to do too. Any advice regarding automatic switch of resolution and DPI would be greatly appreciated.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Dpi system wide is controlled via the build prop so a reboot is required to apply it.

With root, i could easily write a Tasker task that will edit the build prop and reboot the device. Anything above that wouldn't be possible

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk