Suspected Wifi battery drain

Search This thread

jeenuv

Mar 23, 2010
Cambridge, UK
I've noticed a glitch that's developed on my phone recently. Let me describe the behavior after I hit the glitch: the first symptom that I recognize is that the LCD won't turn on as soon as I press the power button. It takes a random amount of time since the press: sometimes 3 seconds, sometimes longer, or even don't turn on at all. My only choice is then to pull the battery off! After the glitch is hit, the battery drains super fast.

The only correlation I've managed to muster is the Wifi. I think it happens if the Wifi goes down while the phone is connected. I think it also happens if I switch access points (for example when I move to one building to another at work).

It appears as if something related to Wifi is stuck in a busy loop or something. My only graceful exit out of the problem is to reboot the phone. Often I couldn't act in time and have had missed alarms and such.

I also know that it's a recent development; something that I've noticed happening only for couple of months. I'm thinking of resetting the phone to factory settings and starting over again. Before I do that I thought I'd ask around if this sounds something familiar or tastes like any known issues. Is there any diagnostics or logs that I can provide? Or are they any apps that I can install that can tell what's eating the battery so fast (currently it's telling me Android OS!)?

My phone is Karbonn A9+ (bought from India) and runs Android 4.0.4.

arnabbiswasalsodeep

Jan 26, 2013
Mumbai
Reflash the stock rom via sp flash tool
You dont have to root to flash it

Press :highfive: thanks :good: if helped

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

Oh forgot
Sp flash might not work cuz yours is a snapdragon device

Press :highfive: thanks :good: if helped