Froyo on Legend Petition

Search This thread

c_man

May 3, 2010
London, UK
Done, but what your strategy for notifying HTC of this?

Perhaps once we have over 50 signatures, we can all send HTC an email with a link to the petition?

Corra

Jul 8, 2008
Confirmed? They told were working on updating legend, desire and wildfire on Q3, only desire received froyo and I heard nothing more about legend except the twitter from htc singapore that told it will not be possible to port froyo. I made the petition only to have enough signs to let htc know when/if needed, I agree that at present we have to wait and see what happens

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk

JonasDroid

Apr 12, 2010
I believe the froyo update is comming to the legend just be patient.

I signed it anyway just to let them know we want it.

Jul 25, 2007
Sheffield, UK
Be patient HTC are not going to upgrade all Phone models at the same time incase of any unforseen technical problems.

They did the desire last weekend, which they class as there flagship device, I am hoping the legend gets the update this weekend or next

Corra

Jul 8, 2008
The Desire has very similar specs to the nexus, maybe the Legend version is still in development and they're encountering technical issues, who knows? They told nothing about us after the update on the desire and we risk to have to wait as much as the Hero owners had to do to before having eclair...

mathias.lithen

Aug 4, 2010
signed. for fun i posted the link on HTC Legend's facebookpage, before i posted it there was 36 signs, let's see how many there is in 24 hours :)

kleutscher

Oct 31, 2006
enschede
I wont sign it. Becouse froyo for legend is already confirmed. HTC desire got it first Becouse its the flagship of HTC. HTC legend will be next. Mark moons the country manager of the benelux (netherlands Belgium and Luxembourg) posted a message on Twitter that froyo for desire was out and that he had to wait a little bit more Becouse he is using an legend.
So we also need to wait a little bit more.
Be patient well get it before Christmas.
And I think well get it in a month.

Sent from my HTC Legend using XDA App

kleutscher

Oct 31, 2006
enschede
HTC said that they wanted.to have released froyo for the desire legend and wildfire before Christmas.
And I think we will see or hear something about froyo for the legend within a month time.:)

kleutscher

Oct 31, 2006
enschede
Why I think well get to hear or see froyo within a month is still a guess. But when mark moons says he has to wait a little bit more. Then it won't be months of waiting.
Froyo with sense is already fitted for desire so it won't be months of work to fit it for the legend. The legend is the next best phone after the desire so ill think legend will get it before the wildfire.

Corra

Jul 8, 2008
I guess that Mark Moons can easily afford the purchase of a desire or maybe he can have it for free, frankly I really doubt that a country manager of htc has ONLY a Legend and is waiting for froyo, perhaps he wait for it by using another terminal that already got the update

kleutscher

Oct 31, 2006
enschede
I think he can afford one. But does he want one for daily use. The legend is a much better business phone then the desire. And why would a HTC country manager use an unstable build on a daily phone if there is one.
I think his daily phone is a bit to important to use as a test phone:). It's still a guess well see:)

sian88

Jun 24, 2010
Rotterdam
So i E-mailed HTC yesterday again..they said the same thing..'we can not give information rather the HTC Legend will be upgraded to 2.2':mad:
I don't know what that is suppose to mean..but ah