[ROM] Revolver 4 by Gnufabio | 4.2.1 - IC421(G) | Sep 5 | TF101-TF101G-SL101 | Fast

Search This thread

Braintwist

Feb 6, 2011
Hamburg
No errors, no reboots, everythings fine. Battery life is awesome with Test 15 Kernel.
Best rom, thx Gnufabio!

Sent from my rooted Transformer TF101

jyams

Sep 25, 2010
on the titanium problem

i found if i change titanium preferences/app process mode to interactive (classic)
i can at least install apps without data

later restoring data only,seems to work on some apps ,skype worked with data as did netflix

angry birds data didnt work,tried titanium preferences/restore backup to/ set to 3.2
that helped a bit too

and pref /migrate system data helped to restore

cut the rope by changing these prefs with data intact

Using this approach also worked for me too!

Delacor

Jun 4, 2011
Bremen
Google Pixel 4a
Settings have FC when I go into "accounts and sync". (sorry translated, don't know the exactly name of it) anybody else?
Have 2 googlemail Accounts in there and it works always fine...

Send from my SII ;)

taptotap

Dec 16, 2011
my TF101 sleep dead....have to turn i on again every morning...
wipe everything when flash already.

I had this when docked with SD card in dock... removed the SD card and no problems.. tried this with both #13 and #15 kernels.. (i was assuming you were running a oc kernel...?)

if not, i'm not too sure on my end ... they only time i got SOD was with ANY kernel and SD card in dock...

hope this helps...

I had this when docked with SD card in dock... removed the SD card and no problems.. tried this with both #13 and #15 kernels.. (i was assuming you were running a oc kernel...?)

if not, i'm not too sure on my end ... they only time i got SOD was with ANY kernel and SD card in dock...

hope this helps...

Try #11b kernel. I don't have SOD or reboots with this kernel over 7 days (used with dock+sd).

jellywobbles

May 21, 2009
Fareham
Error removing /data/system/packages.xml !Error formatting /data!

Can anyone help?

I have been running an early version of Revolver (Revolver 4.0.0 Beta 1.3 with Rogue XM Recovery 1.3.0) and decided to update to latest build. All "seemed to go well", but after rebooting my keyboard dock wasn't recognised in the "about settings" section (am at work now so cant look at my TF101 to check exact words).

The dock works - kind off & the touch screen is very insensitive!

So ... I decided to restore my last CWM backup of the Revolver original build. ( which was working OK)

When I run CWM it stops & I get this error:-

Have searched the whole of the TF101 section & I cannot find anything! Am I alone with this error?

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks, Paul

Last edited:

j3tt3

Feb 21, 2012
Is there any news when Revolver 4 RC1 will be updated to 9.2.2.3 ??
plus Revolver Parts ofc!

mattmanwrx

Aug 15, 2010
London
www.mattman.org
Can anyone help?

I have been running an early version of Revolver (Revolver 4.0.0 Beta 1.3 with Rogue XM Recovery 1.3.0) and decided to update to latest build. All "seemed to go well", but after rebooting my keyboard dock wasn't recognised in the "about settings" section (am at work now so cant look at my TF101 to check exact words).

The dock works - kind off & the touch screen is very insensitive!

So ... I decided to restore my last CWM backup of the Revolver original build. ( which was working OK)

When I run CWM it stops & I get this error:-

Have searched the whole of the TF101 section & I cannot find anything! Am I alone with this error?

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks, Paul

A quick Google of Error removing /data/system/packages.xml !Error formatting /data! brings up a couple of links...

link 1
link 2 - which links to -
link 3

Looks like you need to format the whole of internal storage, including SD card... Sorry!!

bonstio

Jan 10, 2011
RC1 was seemed OK to start out but then the WIFI died. Failed to connect. Restarting didn't help. Reinstalled RC1 (over the top, no wipe) fixed it. But then SOD issues daily: every time I picked up the TF101, the battery was dead.

I hate to say it but I jumped ship to Megatron. It has a parts plugin too + full dock support and seemingly no SOD issues at the moment, Sorry, GnuFabio. I'll give Revolver another shot on the next release, I promise.

jellywobbles

May 21, 2009
Fareham
A quick Google of Error removing /data/system/packages.xml !Error formatting /data! brings up a couple of links...

link 1
link 2 - which links to -
link 3

Looks like you need to format the whole of internal storage, including SD card... Sorry!!

Thanks for taking the time to reply - much appreciated!

I have f*rted about for about an hour, to no avail.

When I tried this:-

...go to in recovery enter "Backup and Restore" and click on "Toggle backup and restore of internal storage (/data/media)"
should say enabled....
then go into "Mounts and Storage" and "format /data"...

I had much the same error!

As I tend to backup quite a bit of the stuff that's on my micrSD card to my PC, I found a CWM backup that I must have made shortly after installing Revolver 4.0.0 Beta 1.3. I copied this back over to microSD card - restorted via CWM & BINGO!

I am now "cooking on gas" again!

Unbelievable - everything seems to be OK!

Trouble is - I have got no idea what caused the problem in the first place, so I don't know if it will happen again :(

SoulReaver75

Jul 1, 2011
Piacenza
The fix for me was to flash ldc's root fix immediately after flashing Revolver and the Revolver removed apps. ldc root fix has a link somewhere earlier in this thread. It fixes the root issues and keeps the installed busybox and allows Titanium backup to at least work better. Be aware though, that if Titanium comes across an app it can no longer find in the Market, either because it no longer exists or has had a slight name change it will still be liable to stall at that point, Some apps may need to be reinstalled from Market first and have data restored from TB later. Best with a fresh install to let Google restore what it can first, then restore any apps from other other sources like Amazon, then restore missing apps and data from TB and then restore all app data only from TB.

I didn't find that fix.
Yesterday I wanted to try again installing busybox, but I found that wi-fi was dead.
Same issue reported by other people. I was working the evening before, and then suddenly died.

I had to revert to stock ICS rooted, I will try again Revolver on next release, this one is unusable on my TF101. :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Features
    • Fast AS HELL
    • Deodexed
    • Speed up & optimizations
    • Lot of plugins in Revolver Parts (not now, in the future)
    • Face unlock
    • Advanced power dialog

FAQs
    • What's the actual version?
      In the second part of the thread's name you can find both the numeric version and the code-version. The former is expressed in this way: branch.version[.subversion]. Usually a subversion consists of a bugfix release. The latter is expressed in this way: AABC[D], where AA is the Android version on which the firmware is based (for example HC or IC), B is the hexadecimal value of the branch, C is the hexadecimal value of the version and D is the hexadecimal value of the subversion.
    • I want to increase the sensitivity of the touchscreen. What could I do?
      There is an app for that. Give a look here
    • Guys I can't download anything from Revolver Parts, what could I do?
      Sometimes server can have some problems; however if you can't download from the app you can manually download the packages from the Revolver repository.
    • Will Cornerstone be integrated in this ROM?
      NO, NO DAMNED CORNERSTONE WILL BE ADDED. IT'S NOT POSSIBLE. ASK GOD TO DO THIS INSTEAD OF CLUTTERING THIS THREAD. STOP ASKING IT.

Licensing
    Revolver ROM, Revolver Parts and Revolver plugins (the one done by me) are distributed under Creative Commons 3 BY-NC-ND license. If you want to use a part of my work, please send me a PM and ask for permissions.
    You may not use ROMs component, Revolver Parts plugins and other stuff done by me working hard hours without asking for permission, that's it.
    More details on the license:
    Don't worry guys, I'm releasing a new version within the end of this week, and Revolver Parts 4 will come soon ;)
    I'm working on the latest Asus update, please, some patience!