Power Button Stopped Working

Search This thread

warpurlgis

Feb 25, 2012
Erie
My power button has stopped working as of the other day. I can get it work for brief increments of time but other than that nothing. Luckily I keep eye on the charge of my phone and have STW/DTW enabled so I can function with this.

Has anyone run into this problem before? If so was there a fix?

I'm trying to avoid having to replace the board the button is on.

Uzephi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2012
Phoenix
Google Pixel 3a
I didn't find a fix for my DNA. HTC was going to charge me $250 to swap the board out. I stupidly let it die and it won't accept a "adb reboot" command when connected to my PC.

Either get it fixed or never let it turn off.

I don't know why it happened. It was working perfect, I did nothing. I put it on the charger for the night and the next morning it would just bootloop (acted like I held the button down) for a few hours then the button stopped working. I sent my DNA to another user so he could swap the main board out of his with mine, but it got lost in transit :(

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app

DanielWEWO

Jul 26, 2013
I didn't find a fix for my DNA. HTC was going to charge me $250 to swap the board out. I stupidly let it die and it won't accept a "adb reboot" command when connected to my PC.

Either get it fixed or never let it turn off.

I don't know why it happened. It was working perfect, I did nothing. I put it on the charger for the night and the next morning it would just bootloop (acted like I held the button down) for a few hours then the button stopped working. I sent my DNA to another user so he could swap the main board out of his with mine, but it got lost in transit :(

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app

This was happening to me the other day. The first time it happened I just messed around with the power button and it stopped. The second time it didn't seem to stop, and I let it die. I plugged it back on the charger and it continued to bootloop. I then started smacking the top of the phone on my desk lightly and it stopped. I guess I disengaged the power button a little bit?