Can't connect to pc-USB not recognized, unknown device

Search This thread
Mar 25, 2012
I have been searching for about a week now and still can't figure this problem out. I bought this phone used about a month ago and I haven't tried to connect it to my pc until just recently. I am wanting to root and unlock my phone but I can't connect to pc using usb cord although it will charge it.

I am on GB 2.3.6 vuvkj6, stock.

I have tried 4 different usb cords, 4 different pc/laptops and all usb ports. I have also installed and uninstalled several usb drivers with no luck.

My phone can only get into download mode using a jig. Even in download mode, I can't connect to pc. I have tried using Heimdall, Odin, and kies but it just does not connect.

If I can use a jig to get it into dl mode, does that mean the phones usb port is fine?

I just want to be able to connect with pc. Is it possible to flash using my sdcard? I am thinking maybe the phone is missing something to pick up the usb signal or something.

I am lost, any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
Does the phone charge when plugged in? Have you tried to go ahead and flash even though it says not recognized?

Mar 25, 2012
ligitalipeople

Yes the phone does charge when plugged in. I can't flash using Heimdall or Odin. Any other way of flashing?

I have also put the phone into debug mode with no luck.

stephen_w

Jul 24, 2011
Memphis
Can you post back here and tell us what you did to get it working in case someone else has the issue?

Thanks and glad you got it going!

Mar 25, 2012
I am not sure what made it work for me. But what I did was "clear memory" on ram. I don't remember how I got onto that screen but I clicked on ram and clear memory.

I then pushed the usb into the pc a few times really fast until pc showed somethnig other than "usb device not recognized". Pc then started to show device connected.

farwek

Apr 23, 2011
Houston, TX
if you are using windows i have found that sometimes the usb ports u used for the phone get stuck to the driver that was there in the first place. So what I do to fix this is go into device manager from the control panel and then uninstall the drivers for the specific port that I am trying to use. While keeping my phone unplugged from the computer I then reinstall the samsung drivers, restart my computer and then try to plug my phone in. 90% of the time that has been what works for me.

Mar 25, 2012
Ok, I figured out the problem. It has nothing to do with the drivers or clearing ram memory. My problem is the actual micro usb connection. If is a little loose from side to side and when I push it to one side, it connects no problem.

gabrielshaste

Sep 22, 2011
Murphy
That is the exact same thing that happened to my wife's phone... luckily it was still under warranty...

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk