[Q] Bootloader, CWM & Rom help

Search This thread

som1special2

Nov 9, 2013
I have managed to root my device after the 10P firmware! FYI, I used Android Kingo Root.

After looking into many posts, forums, etc... I have come to the conclusion that unlocking the bootloader is going to be trickier than any other device I have been successful with. I want to install CM 10.2 and CWM 6+, however, I cannot find solid information on how to unlock the bootloader for this unit. I would have liked to install the latest 4.4.2 from AT&T, but the device was rooted prior and AT&T will not honor the phone for the upgrade. At this point, I feel it would be easier to just install a custom ROM instead of trying to put the AT&T stock back into the unit.

Most of the info I see seems overly tricky and doubtful. I have downloaded FreeGee, but, in version 1.9.23 there isn't an option for unlock or disable security,(I have emailed the devs for the app). I also have gprorecovery.apk, but, I am deathly afraid to use it as I cannot find ANY material about it anywhere and I am worried to brick the one phone I absolutely love.

If someone has the knowledge, please share. Also, feel free to add in your experience and pitfalls with this device after manipulating the software. I am not 100% sold on CM, so if you want to suggest a great ROM...Feel free.

I appreciate the help and suggestions in advance.

luisoman2000

Jul 4, 2012
a4aje7ez.jpg
No unlocked bootloader for the gpro. Sorry dude.

There has to be a way to install a custom recovery and ROM. I asked that if anyone replies,to elaborate. Please explain...

With freegee first backup efs, then install twrp or cwm.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

som1special2

Nov 9, 2013
"With freegee first backup efs, then install twrp or cwm."

And then reboot to recovery as normal to install the ROM? I have read so much information that states you have to do some special presses of the buttons to get recovery to load. What are you running on yours?

luisoman2000

Jul 4, 2012
"With freegee first backup efs, then install twrp or cwm."

And then reboot to recovery as normal to install the ROM? I have read so much information that states you have to do some special presses of the buttons to get recovery to load. What are you running on yours?

Once you install recovery press power + volume up (asuming you powered down or resetted your device of course) until the lg logo appears ( some white letters will appear on the top left corner, release power button when they do). That will take you to the recovery. I'm. Using a cwm/twrp combo. I flash everything i need with cwm, twrp i keep since this phone has a tendency of going into a recovery bootloop and only twrp can get you out of it. Always keep your flashing files on the internal storage, sometimes flashing from sd card wont work.