Any Pandora users running Froyo

Search This thread

air2k57

Oct 5, 2009
I keep on going back to 2.1 just because of it, I can't stand the audio quality of slacker and Pandora on froyo. Currently running 0.9final kang o Rama on frf83, problem still there.

baseballkyle

Jun 29, 2010
I'm running FRF85B on my N1. Pandora will not progress to the next song automatically (this is typically with the screen off). If I turn the screen on, unlock the device, Pandora then advances to the next song. This happens every single time. Randomly the song will cut off mid-song.

This has happened on FRF83 & FRF72 as well. It's always tested on a freshly wiped device, w/ WiFi, and nothing else running (not a memory mgmt issue). I have also, numerous times in fact, uninstalled the app and reinstalled and then re-tested. Same result every single time.

I am aware of others complaining also of diminished audio quality on streaming apps (Pandora, Slacker, etc.) with Froyo. I haven't really noticed that so much, but mainly because I can't listen to that much streaming music with it stopping all the time LOL!

Any ideas on this one?

agentkalaw

Jul 22, 2009
I'm running FRF85B on my N1. Pandora will not progress to the next song automatically (this is typically with the screen off). If I turn the screen on, unlock the device, Pandora then advances to the next song. This happens every single time. Randomly the song will cut off mid-song.

This has happened on FRF83 & FRF72 as well. It's always tested on a freshly wiped device, w/ WiFi, and nothing else running (not a memory mgmt issue). I have also, numerous times in fact, uninstalled the app and reinstalled and then re-tested. Same result every single time.

I am aware of others complaining also of diminished audio quality on streaming apps (Pandora, Slacker, etc.) with Froyo. I haven't really noticed that so much, but mainly because I can't listen to that much streaming music with it stopping all the time LOL!

Any ideas on this one?

did you go to the advanced settings of wifi settings to keep wifi on even when the screen turns off? the default setting of wifi is to turn it off when the screen turns off...

agentkalaw

Jul 22, 2009
have you tried it on 3g?

it's a known issue that sometimes the "never" setting doesn't always work.
if you don't want to try 3g, try setting it on "always on when charging"
or try this app someone made: wifi keep alive

other than your wifi turning off, i don't know why pandora would just stop

charley8472

Jun 17, 2008
akron, ohio
just manual updated my stock n1 att to 2.2 frf85b same issue with pandora and slacker, but on the other hand droidlive steam awesome at high bitrates.

baseballkyle

Jun 29, 2010
Pandora clearly has issues at this point. I've emailed their support and they blame it on Android's handling of memory - which is not the case for this issue. Hopefully their lazy developers will fix the app sooner than later.

baseballkyle

Jun 29, 2010

This issue has been FIXED for me with FRF91! All other versions of Froyo had this issue. Finally!!!

unclepain

Mar 28, 2008
It's happening on a lot of 2.2 handsets, including my EVO. See these threads:
http://hardgeek.org/android-2-2-music-streaming-issue-fix-is-on-its-way
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=9308

Don't know when the fix is coming, but it's an Android problem, not a Pandora problem and it's related to AAC+ audio codec.

Unfortunately for me, 2.2 brought too many other advances to justify going back to 2.1 just to satisfy my Pandora fix. Your mileage may vary.

EDIT- reading the code.google.com thread, it seems there's a fix already posted by cnunez1987 ...
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=737111

Although it has a side effect of videos no longer playing from m.youtube.com. Pick your poison I guess.

Last edited: