[ROM][4.2.2] Slim Bean - N7100 [Build v8.0][+WEEKLIES]

Search This thread

lhex

Dec 9, 2011
www.guiaocerin.com
if you mean the email.apk, go download the Extra.zip from the SlimBean Website!!!:cyclops:

I extracted email.apk and I got nothing.
I'm gonna try with email.apk and Exchange2.apk. I copied the files on system, wipe caches, and nothing.
Maybe I need to flash all the zip? which zip? extras.zip or extras_upgrade.

Edit: I flashed extras.zip and now it works. Thanks.

Last edited:

milkybeans_chocolate

Dec 7, 2012
Hong Kong
I extracted email.apk and I got nothing.
I'm gonna try with email.apk and Exchange2.apk. I copied the files on system, wipe caches, and nothing.
Maybe I need to flash all the zip? which zip? extras.zip or extras_upgrade.

You gotta flash the extra.zip, not the extras_upgrade.zip. and try wipe Dalvik Cache also after flashing!
The former is for complete clean installation while the latter is for upgrading, let say from SlimBean RC1 to RC2.
Or you can simply flash the AIO add-on, where AIO stands for all in one!

Last edited:
Reactions: lhex

jcrompton

Nov 30, 2004
Hurricane, WV
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 5a
You gotta flash the extra.zip, not the extras_upgrade.zip. and try wipe Dalvik Cache also after flashing!
The former is for complete clean installation while the latter is for upgrading, let say from SlimBean RC1 to RC2.
Or you can simply flash the AIO add-on, where AIO stands for all in one!

I just keep the extracted email.apk and the exchange2.apk files on my ext sdcard (I extracted them form the AIO add on zip) . move them to the /system folder and change the permissions read on all three and write on the top one

then you can just execute the apk file while it is in the system folder and it will install OR you can just reboot

kedaha

Dec 29, 2008
I installed this on my N7100 yesterday - did a full wipe/reset beforehand and then used CWM recovery to install slim bean followed by the gapps.

Couple of issues;
1)Chrome keeps freezing and crashing when I try edit text in the address or search bar
2)Stock browser occasionally just stops loading webpages. Responds to inputs/etc, but just doesn't load pages
3)A lot of apps run quite choppily when scrolling, stuff like Huff Post, Daily Mail, hotukdeals - all of these ran fine on stock 4.1.1

Any suggestions? Love the ROM other than that but having iffy browsing and poor app performance is kind of a deal breaker :)

Infinite96

Aug 1, 2012
I installed this on my N7100 yesterday - did a full wipe/reset beforehand and then used CWM recovery to install slim bean followed by the gapps.

Couple of issues;
1)Chrome keeps freezing and crashing when I try edit text in the address or search bar
2)Stock browser occasionally just stops loading webpages. Responds to inputs/etc, but just doesn't load pages
3)A lot of apps run quite choppily when scrolling, stuff like Huff Post, Daily Mail, hotukdeals - all of these ran fine on stock 4.1.1

Any suggestions? Love the ROM other than that but having iffy browsing and poor app performance is kind of a deal breaker :)
One question from me :p
Did you used Titanium Backup =)

kedaha

Dec 29, 2008
Nope! Stock Note 2, rooted using exynosabuse, installed cwm using Odin, did an efs backup, backed up using cwm, did a full wipe (including dalvik) and installed slim bean and the slim gapps! All apps added after were added manually using the market and one-by-one

milkybeans_chocolate

Dec 7, 2012
Hong Kong

Couple of issues;

erm... there are loads of stuff you can try!
For example,
1. tune your minfree value with the system tuner which can be download from market
2. flash another kernel over the one built by mnazim. (The one built by mnazim is good enough for daily use, but i just wanna have scoobydoo sounds for better audio experience. so i flash Redpill kernel) and you can tweak the cpu settings for more demanding tasks

Personally, i at times play dead trigger on my note 2 and so far no lagging at all!:cyclops:

kedaha

Dec 29, 2008
Why would the minfree value have a noticeable effect on a phone like the Note 2? And I don't think I need a different kernel to use quite lightweight apps without choppiness, there's obviously something wrong that shouldn't be.

milkybeans_chocolate

Dec 7, 2012
Hong Kong
Why would the minfree value have a noticeable effect on a phone like the Note 2? And I don't think I need a different kernel to use quite lightweight apps without choppiness, there's obviously something wrong that shouldn't be.

yup, i agree. so that's why i am saying i have VERY GOOD performance esp. while playing heavy game!
did you have a clean installation first of all? might be you gotta give mnazim a logcat of what's wrong so he will then be able to figure out what's wrong.:cyclops:

mnazim

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2011
mnmcodeworks.blogspot.com

Couple of issues;

When you did a full wipe did you manually format the /system partition? If not try it...
1. Chrome is out of reach...
2. Stock browser does not load? Can you confirm this and get me more details and a logcat maybe..
3. Choppy maybe coz something is running in the background and eating the cpu.. try to find what it is with BBS or try a clean flash and let the phone idle for 15-30mins.. then try the apps should be fine...

kecek

Feb 13, 2012
Samarinda
www.abdullah.web.id
Re: [ROM][4.2.1] Slim Bean - N7100 [RC 2][OFFICIAL]

Sorry i'm newbie i read on first post i read function of camera not work. Isn't true?

And second ask. This rom support to change directory for apps install. I want to install apps n game on my sdcard 32GB. Make my sdcard to internal n internal to external.

Sorry to much asking.....:)

Thanks
Kernel Redpill

Last edited:

blorro

Oct 21, 2008
Gävle
Sorry i'm newbie i read on first post i read function of camera not work. Isn't true?

And second ask. This rom support to change directory for apps install. I want to install apps n game on my sdcard 32GB. Make my sdcard to internal n internal to external.

Sorry to much asking.....:)

Thanks
Kernel Redpill
If you check this thread you can see this has been tested already and does not seem to work too well .
Camera works, users have installed other kernels to get less delay when switching between front and back camera .
Read , think and make a choice =)

Reactions: kecek

lhex

Dec 9, 2011
www.guiaocerin.com
I use Nova launcher, and sometimes it has lag, it's so strange.
I tried with NEAK and Redpill kernel and the problem is still here.
If I select game mode on NEAK kernel the problem dissapears.
Of course I tried to unistall NOVA and reinstall, even I installed slimbean again with wipes & format system.

Anyone with the same problem?

Edit: With stock launcher I have the same problem, I'm not sure.

svavrek

Oct 21, 2011
Cleveland, OH
ANY chance, at all, that this ROM will be coming to the T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2? I've had Slim on my Vibrants (both) and LOVE it, been waiting for this for a long time but I dont think the Int'l will work on the TMO one...

milkybeans_chocolate

Dec 7, 2012
Hong Kong
I use Nova launcher, and sometimes it has lag, it's so strange.
I tried with NEAK and Redpill kernel and the problem is still here.
If I select game mode on NEAK kernel the problem dissapears.
Of course I tried to unistall NOVA and reinstall, even I installed slimbean again with wipes & format system.

Anyone with the same problem?

Edit: With stock launcher I have the same problem, I'm not sure.

no lagging of NOVA launcher for me... but it indeed has some force close occasionally.
i think it's the problem of NOVA. ermmm... might be mnazim will release 4.2.2 soon and at that time NOVA being compatible with 4.2.2 will be bug free!:cyclops:

kecek

Feb 13, 2012
Samarinda
www.abdullah.web.id
Re: [ROM][4.2.1] Slim Bean - N7100 [RC 2][OFFICIAL]

If you check this thread you can see this has been tested already and does not seem to work too well .
Camera works, users have installed other kernels to get less delay when switching between front and back camera .
Read , think and make a choice =)

Okeeey. Thanks for explain my asking. Thank you. Sorry i'm a new member.

Kernel Redpill

mnazim

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2011
mnmcodeworks.blogspot.com
Slim Bean 4.2.1 Stable 1.0

Alright the first Fully "Stable" build as per the dev standards is on its way... Slim v1.0...
There is no way... me or my 2 other betas could make the device reboot randomly... so i guess it is really stable.! ;)

PS: WIP on slimroms.net..

PS: Just as a FYI... post 1.0 builds will integrate full 4.2.2 base.
Google always releases new source when we are about to release a build. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages to your device.

Original Slim Features:
    1. The Real Dark Slim
    2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
    3. Full hardware key rebinding!
    4. Keyboard rotation
    5. SlimCenter
    Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
    • IRC: #slimusers @freenode
    • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
    • Google+ [link]
    • Twitter [link]
    • Facebook [Link]
    Installation instructions
    For Most Users :

Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
    • Download the latest builds from here. Please stay on the Official builds if you are not sure which build to pick.
    • PS: Weekly releases are stable but may contain Experimental features.!
    • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
    • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
    • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot
    FAQ
    Check our FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Help us out!
    If you want to help us by translating Slim to your language, check our Crowdin page and submit your translations.
    Or consider making a donation.

Thanks!
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the rom source code.
    Kernel source can be found here
    Downloads

So this is Slim Bean 4.2.1 OFFICIAL release. This is a new base as we have started from a completely clean slate AOSP source and included most of our features within.

NEW BASE FULL WIPE RECOMMENDED!!!

By downloading this ROM, you accept the fact that you understand that your device will not magically have more RAM or CPU power

Also keep in mind that this is RC software features and performance will vary as we get closer to the stable releases.

BUG REPORTING?
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Slim Bean 4.2.2

Anyone here hungry for some 4.2.2 desert? ;)

PS: Yeah yeah spoiler alert!

FYI: We also have started an IRC for slim users and devs! Check my sig. for details.
    Slim Bean 4.2.1 RC 2

Alright Slim Bean 4.2.1 RC2 OFFICIAL released.!! Yes, OFFICIAL Support! [Just more fancy ;)]
    Tons and Tons of new stuff...

Changelog for you guys: [Special one.]
    • Kernel built by me [as you already know]
    • Kernel fully compiled with Linaro 1301
    • Many fixes and improvements from 3.4 mainline kernel
    • Camera Fixes [Still buggy]
    • WiFi Fixes [Still buggy]

PS: For inverted/normal gapps please use the ones on the slimroms addons section. Any other packages are unsupported.

Read Changelog... Download... and enjoy the hell out of it. ;)

PS: Bug reports follow procedure from OP #2.!​

NOTE: Want more performance than possible??? Check this out!!!
    Slim Bean 4.2.2 Build 3

Aristotle said:
    Quality is not an act, it is a habit.

Another Quality Release from SlimRoms... now at SlimBean 4.2.2 Build 3!

Some thoughts to ponder upon:
    • Smart control in Gallery, is a S4 inspired feature that is for fun and maybe some bragging rights amongst your friends!
    • As you all know S/W HDR was all messed up... So we removed it for the time being. If you still need it badly, there is Play Store where everything is available ;)

READ the nice little changelog and Enjoy!

PS: Easter wishes to all! :)