[ROM-AOSP][BL1.1][BL1.2]G-Harmony Gingerbread 2.3.5 (UPDATED 9/23)

Search This thread

tjohnsonjr

Jan 4, 2006
Oceanside, CA
I downloaded the ROM onto my PC, removed the micro SD card then transferred it to the micro SD card using a card reader. Inserted the card into the gtab and then booted into recovery. This process worked for the 1st gtab, but for some reason it isn't working for the 2nd. Each gtab has a micro SD, so I am not switching between the two, or should I use the micro SD from the 1st in the 2nd gtab?

Just tried the micro SD card from gtab 1 in gtab 2, same result. Must be something with gtab 2. gtab 2 is currently on G_Harmony_Gingebreadv2.7(BL1.1)(NoCRT). The only difference that I notice between the two is gtab 2 shows the 3 birds during the boot process before any android screen.

You can also try NVFlashing GTAB 2 back to stock. Then load CWM and then wipe data, dalvik cache, format system and format data. Then reflash the ROM. That will hoefully get the second tab going for you.

runngwlf

Jan 16, 2008
Austin, TX
Is anyone having trouble with the newest update from the market? Each time I want to use the market on the tab, I have to go in and uninstall updates from the the application management menu in settings, or the market just force closes when I try to open it. The market that came stock works just fine, but now of course, I can only use it once before it updates itself again. Most frustrating!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is AOSP Gingerbread 2.3.5 built from source.

Thanks to Preludedrew and Gojimi(for all your help), Kornyone, The Cyanogenmod team, Leonnib4, roebeet, pershoot, and all the devs out there.

G_Harmony_Gingebreadv2.7.2(BL1.1)
    G_Harmony_Gingebreadv2.7.2(BL1.1)(NoCRT)

G_Harmony_Gingebreadv2.7.2(BL1.2)
    G_Harmony_Gingebreadv2.7.2(BL1.2)(NoCRT)

GAPPS for 2.3.5

1.png

3.png

2.png

5.png

4.png

*To use the BL 1.2 version you must already have BL1.2 installed on your tab.

*YOU MUST DO A COMPLETE WIPE BEFORE FLASHING THIS ROM. If you get stuck on the "android" screen, in Clockwork, go to mounts and storage>format system and format data. Then wipe data/factory reset and wipe dalvik cache. Then reflash the Rom

UPDATE9/23
    *Fixed SD card mount(Thanks jhermit)
    *Updated Zeam Launcher
    *Added Adhoc support

UPDATE9/19
    *Added NoCRT versions

UPDATE 9/18

*Updated to AOSP Gingerbread 2.3.5 source
    *Added CRT screen on/off animations
    *Updated propitiatory files from 5274 TapnTap update
    *Updated GAPPS
    *Added CM screenshots. Available through the power menu
    *Updated the Netflix app

KNOWN ISSUES: THIS IS FOR THE CRT VERSION ONLY!!! There is an issue when turning off the screen and then turning it back on right away(You'll get a black screen). YOU MUST GO INTO GHARMONY SETTINGS AND SET THE TRANSITIONS TO FAST. After doing this, when you turn off the screen wait about 5 seconds and then turn the screen back on.

*AOSP Gingerbread 2.3.5
    *Zeam Launcher
    *ADW Launcher
    *Pershoot kernel
    *FLAC support
    *Netflix is now working. There is no need to edit anything. Just install the app attached at the bottom.
    *Power toggles in the Notification dropdown
    *Home,Menu, and Back soft keys
    *Adhoc support
    *Added code to support mouse pointer with bluetooth mouse from CM(untested)
    *Most apks were PNG optimized and are ZipAligned at boot
    *Honeycomb icons
    *Honeycomb Wallpapers(by GFX Android)
    *Battery percentage in the notification bar
    *Transparent notification pulldown
    *Music Controls in the lockscreen(only works with the included Stock music app for now)
    *Bluetooth HID for bluetooth keyboard, mouse and Wiimote support
    *File Manager
    *Zegoe font pack

OLDER VERSION:

G HARMONY GINGERBREAD v2.6(BL1.1) Alternate link

G HARMONY GINGERBREAD v2.6(BL1.2) Alternate link

GAPPS (You must flash and boot into the first, then flash the GAPPS)
    v2.6 update is up :D
    Just finished installing both files, no issues. I'm accustomed to clearing all data before and after each installation, so didn't have any issues. I made a quik vid of my experience:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1_CcEWSwMM

A few things:

1) Coming from VEGan 5.1.1, it's rather sluggish. Even after about 6 reboots.

2) The camera takes pics much quicker than VEGan, I like it.

3) didn't come with a filemanager :-(

4) Would not play Samurai 2. Since i feel its a benchmark of how well the ROM works, it a downer for me.

5) Market works and was able to download File Manager
    Are you suggesting this? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=974422

and then use NVFLASH to go back to stock and then to your 2.2 ROM?

Last time I did format / nvflash, I ended up bricking the tablet badly.

No. In Clockwork go to mounts/storage and there is a an option to format system.
    I'll try to add it in on the next release.

Here's an adhoc capable wpa_supplicant that works with both this rom and vanilla.

Using Root Explorer:

rename /system/bin/wpa_supplicant to wpa_supplicant.save
    copy in this new version (unzipped)
    stop and restart wifi

I pulled this from NexusHD2-Gingerbread_V2.5_NAND__Android-2.3.3__update.zip