S3 to iphone 5 back to S3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

yidan82

Mar 29, 2010
Hello everyone, I'm just posting about my experience with the iphone 5. I bought a white one on the release date and put my trusty S3 in a drawer for a back up. We'll I didn't even last three days before I ran back to At&t and got my S3 reactivated. The iphone is nice and all that but it's too simple for my taste, I need to be able to do what I want when I want and I felt severely handicapped with the iphone 5. Not saying it's a bad phone but it's definitely not for me. Anyone else had a similar experience?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Lookitfast

g2tegg

May 12, 2011
The Hammer
Not too many Android users are willing to sink that kind of coin for a phone to simply try it out. Especially in this forum since we have the latest Samsung phone. Good to see you come back. I personally could never go back to Apple. Just sucks because I own a Apple TV and MacBook Pro. Apples ecosystem is great. Wish Google got with the times when it comes to cross platform support. More specifically I miss air play, ability to control all my home media with my phone etc.
And I know dlna/all cast is available but Google needs to implement something in their next OS that smokes Apples.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

knightblaze

Dec 8, 2011
Wayne
I've done both android and iphone in the past. I got my wife the iPhone 5 and I do like it. I had the 4 and while it's not a huge leap in design and features the improvements are nice and it is a very smooth experience.

And for some reason it's wicked fast on the net. I like my sgs3 but don't see a fault with the iPhone 5. Phones are phones and each one brings something unique to a user

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

yidan82

Mar 29, 2010
I'm in the same boat as far as the Apple tv and macbook so I can understand where you're coming from. I might just keep it as a backup phone in case something happens to my S3...

Arsaw

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 31, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
At least we know 5 millions new iphone 5 users disagree with you in this week alone :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

aimetti

Nov 23, 2011
I've been reading nothing but bad reviews from customers about the battery life of iphone 5. Yeah, all these main sites are comparing the battery life with the RAZOR MAXX but then in the comments section people are always complaining saying the claims aren't true.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/09/20/iphone-5-battery-life-reviews/

I'm guessing the people having the short battery life are running the phone a lot with LTE.

User error

I have an ATT gs3 and also the iphone 5 im testing out. The iphone 5 has amazing battery life. Was able to get 14 hours of standby and 9 hours 30 min of usage out of it yesterday with 21% remaining for the day. And its suppose to be the same battery life as the chip is the same one powering both.

iosandroid

Jul 30, 2012
Hello everyone, I'm just posting about my experience with the iphone 5. I bought a white one on the release date and put my trusty S3 in a drawer for a back up. We'll I didn't even last three days before I ran back to At&t and got my S3 reactivated. The iphone is nice and all that but it's too simple for my taste, I need to be able to do what I want when I want and I felt severely handicapped with the iphone 5. Not saying it's a bad phone but it's definitely not for me. Anyone else had a similar experience?

Yes, sort of.

I switched to the GS3 from a 4S about three months ago. Took a bit of adjusting to say the least. I held on to the 4S for almost a month before I sold it, thinking it was enough to wean off of iOS. I now definitely prefer the S3 for general device usage, but I miss the many apps I'd purchased on the Apple app store for the past three years, so I started looking for deals on used 4S. On iPhone 5 launch day I bought a like new 4S from a guy who just upgraded to the 5, for half of what I sold my 4S for couple months back lol. Now I can switch between them as I please.

Other than some of the apps I'm missing, it's kind of hard to go back. I think Apple is too far in the simplicity end of the scale. Just an example, iPhone gives you ZERO ability to change anything on the camera, not even change to a lower resolution. S3, never mind that I can adjust things like metering method and ISO sensitivity, I can put those control shortcuts right on the screen.

GeekyKitty

Feb 16, 2011

Do you have an absolutely ridiculous amount of spare money or something? :eek:

You could have just given me $700 and I'd have told you the iPhone is poop.

Last edited:

vdub804

Sep 2, 2008
The battery life is far from stellar and it still doesn't have widgets among other things I'm just not impressed with it.the new maps suck I had to create a new account for the App Store just to download YouTube and it forces you to add your credit card info before you can even download free apps ill never get of my s3 for the i5 it's just less of a phone IMHO ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348497450.656075.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

TBayTom

Mar 17, 2011
Orlando
User error

I have an ATT gs3 and also the iphone 5 im testing out. The iphone 5 has amazing battery life. Was able to get 14 hours of standby and 9 hours 30 min of usage out of it yesterday with 21% remaining for the day. And its suppose to be the same battery life as the chip is the same one powering both.
Sweet good to know, my gf is getting one once her contract is up. Galaxy S3 does a great job with battery life when you consider the much larger/brighter screen as well as the widgets and number of processes it has running compared to the iphone 5. I couldn't leave to switch to the iphone 5, way too many features lost and I'm spoiled with the bigger screen. iPhone 5 is marketed towards simplicity for the older generation transitioning to smart phones and people who don't like to mess around with their phone too much. Multitasking is absolutely terrible with the iphone, but the ios6 Siri is pretty cool I must say. Great improvement there.

skew

May 4, 2007
I have both s3 and ip5. Been switching between them depending where I go because I don't have a case yet for the ip5 so I have been carefull with it. Both are great phones. My biggest complaint is you can't change the black background menus and white text on the s3. I almost throw my s3 at the pavement everytime I get a call outside in the daylight. I have to cover the screen with both hands just to see who is callng! With the ip5 I can see it easily even with sunglasses because it has white backgrounds and black text. Everyone talks about how customizable android phones are but this simple change to invert the color scheme is near impossible to do. Im just going to keep the s3 around to play with but the ip5 is going to be my daily driver.

TBayTom

Mar 17, 2011
Orlando
I have both s3 and ip5. Been switching between them depending where I go because I don't have a case yet for the ip5 so I have been carefull with it. Both are great phones. My biggest complaint is you can't change the black background menus and white text on the s3. I almost throw my s3 at the pavement everytime I get a call outside in the daylight. I have to cover the screen with both hands just to see who is callng! With the ip5 I can see it easily even with sunglasses because it has white backgrounds and black text. Everyone talks about how customizable android phones are but this simple change to invert the color scheme is near impossible to do. Im just going to keep the s3 around to play with but the ip5 is going to be my daily driver.
Yeah, it's a little hard to read. If you have auto brightness enabled, it should make it a lot easier to read. As for white backgrounds, there's got to be a white theme out there you can apply to your GS3 to make it easier to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Don't need anymore iPhone vs. Android threads
    Thanks
    FNM
    I've done both android and iphone in the past. I got my wife the iPhone 5 and I do like it. I had the 4 and while it's not a huge leap in design and features the improvements are nice and it is a very smooth experience.

And for some reason it's wicked fast on the net. I like my sgs3 but don't see a fault with the iPhone 5. Phones are phones and each one brings something unique to a user

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Not too many Android users are willing to sink that kind of coin for a phone to simply try it out. Especially in this forum since we have the latest Samsung phone. Good to see you come back. I personally could never go back to Apple. Just sucks because I own a Apple TV and MacBook Pro. Apples ecosystem is great. Wish Google got with the times when it comes to cross platform support. More specifically I miss air play, ability to control all my home media with my phone etc.
    And I know dlna/all cast is available but Google needs to implement something in their next OS that smokes Apples.

Not surprised that you came back to the S3